FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: The greatest story ever told. Re-told.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AP8qjMSkDvw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AP8qjMSkDvw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I really like the opening, too. Yay, Lust! :]

I'm delighted to hear that FUNimation are putting the episodes online simultaneously with the Japanese airing. FUNimation is the best company ever!

Woot for Envy. I really can't wait for the official release on Funi's website. Oh and...

I've heard from some anime brats that there is already a fansub group that is working on subbing FMA: Brotherhood. They won't tell me who it is because I ploughed into a constant argument, saying that Funimation is doing it and it would be wrong to just watch another fansubber instead of supporting them =/ They just fussing over, probably because we're getting it 5 days later than Japan and I think they can't be arsed to wait.

CitizenGeek said:
I'm delighted to hear that FUNimation are putting the episodes online simultaneously with the Japanese airing. FUNimation is the best company ever!
Sweet!

Damn... that opening was pretty awesome 50 seconds onward. It... doesn't feel real, takes me back to the day I thought FMA was a masterpiece. Can't wait.

Seems a fine OP to me. Not crazy about the song, but the visuals are excellent - I hope that quality carries over into the series itself.

Spimmy said:
no doubt the funi videos will be yanks only
It hasn't been that way in the past. Videos on their website have always been available to us.

Edit:
poster17001327.jpg

I absolutely adore the opening: the music, timing, colours--the very essence of it appeals to me. It simply exudes that epic feel.

The first episode felt like something of an exhibition, more than anything. I'll be interested to see what the director does with this.

Oh, and the irony of the name of the theme song! :lol:

Basically two minutes into the episode i knew it was an anime original one, but thats fine since it was primarily an introductory episode anyway. Was still enjoyable and there was still bits of the manga obviously dashed throughout the episode but there we go. The next one seems to be going straight into the manga stuff, which is good to see, so i'm looking forward to that.

The opening is quite nice though i will admit, specially animation wise. Mind you if i consider Bones' last set of openings/endings for Soul Eater, then it should have been expected really.

Arbalest said:
Basically two minutes into the episode i knew it was an anime original one, but thats fine since it was primarily an introductory episode anyway. Was still enjoyable and there was still bits of the manga obviously dashed throughout the episode but there we go. The next one seems to be going straight into the manga stuff, which is good to see, so i'm looking forward to that.

The opening is quite nice though i will admit, specially animation wise. Mind you if i consider Bones' last set of openings/endings for Soul Eater, then it should have been expected really.
Wasn't really an introductory episode. More like fan service.

Maxon said:
Not sure if it as even that. As the version of FMP that was sold as ' the most faithful to the manga' this 1st episode failed spectacularly to live up to my expectations. Completely original plot (for this episode at least) and alterations to the canon. While I don't actually care about canon, it seemed counter intuitive that the 'most faithful' version would begin changing it from the start. Combine with the large amounts of super deformed changes ( for a supposedly serious anime) and the largely unfunny 'short' jokes and the equally dull mistaken identity jape generally left me unexited about the series

hopeful_monster said:
Maxon said:
Not sure if it as even that. As the version of FMP that was sold as ' the most faithful to the manga' this 1st episode failed spectacularly to live up to my expectations. Completely original plot (for this episode at least) and alterations to the canon. While I don't actually care about canon, it seemed counter intuitive that the 'most faithful' version would begin changing it from the start. Combine with the large amounts of super deformed changes ( for a supposedly serious anime) and the largely unfunny 'short' jokes and the equally dull mistaken identity jape generally left me unexited about the series

The short jokes are part of the canon in all respects. Even up to some of the more recent chapters they are still used. It is still fairly serious yeah, but they do still get in the jokes.

hopeful_monster said:
Maxon said:

Makes me sad that I still laugh at them >.> Ed's temper never fails to amuse me.

But what can you do? As long as it leads up to canon, then it doesn't really matter. After all, it's better than a deja-vu repeat, so I'm impressed with the episode. I think it will still gun for the closest adaptation to the Manga, so I guess from episode 2 onwards, it's canon. Maes Hughes never cease to amaze me with his obsession with his daughter. It's so cute, yet I can understand why it annoys many.

Back