FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: The greatest story ever told. Re-told.

Lupus

Baka Ranger
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AUTBQXdOKBg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AUTBQXdOKBg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Preview, both original seiyuu for Ed and Al will reprise their roles. Would you have it any other way?

Also, official site: http://www.hagaren.jp/

And please, if you're an FMA anime fan no crying or bitching about how it's being re-told. (That means Sy and CitizenGeek.) Discuss!

Ah yeah, i read up on that not to long ago actually. So by it being re-told, does that mean that they plan to start from scratch and go through the story as it should be? If so, i'll definitely be watching this through, since i much prefer the manga to the original series.

cardybean said:
When what who? Remaking it? Seems pointless... I'd watch though.

Not considering the manga and the first anime version diverge completely after a point, though is it possible that this anime version will catch up to the manga?

I don't read the manga, so I wouldn't know haha. But if there's more content, then surely simply putting that into the anime is a better idea?

Hi btw, long time no speak. If we did... I think we did haha.

BlackWolf, If I'm not mistaken, everything is pretty much getting wrapped up in the manga.

I'm quite thrilled about the new series, I wasn't heavily in the fandom (or at all) when the original was airing so it will be nice to see what everyone thinks of the new one. If only Rapture TV was still around.

Ah i see thanks Jayme, any idea yet on how long the plan on making this series? Still i'll be watching

@Cardybean Hi and yeah we have spoken before :p it was last year like :lol:

Jayme said:
BlackWolf, If I'm not mistaken, everything is pretty much getting wrapped up in the manga.

I'm quite thrilled about the new series, I wasn't heavily in the fandom (or at all) when the original was airing so it will be nice to see what everyone thinks of the new one. If only Rapture TV was still around.

I think it is, but i wouldn't be amazed if it somehow lasted until at least chapter 100, if not more.

@cardybean: I believe the manga started before the anime, which is why it stuck to the manga for the better part of 25 episodes. But it obviously caught up so went on a tangent of its own after it, and thankfully for the series, it was fairly successful. It wouldn't fit into the anime now really since the new content is completely different to the last half of the anime, and a lot(if not all) of what happened in that doesn't occur in the manga.

I did assume the manga started before the anime :p. I don't know if I would change anything about the anime tbh, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I often just watch the last 3 eps again, as I enjoy them a lot =).

Like I've said before, the manga is vastly inferior in every single aspect to the anime. That said, the manga is still very, very good. And I'm really looking forward to this series, though I'm pretty sure I'll be waiting a good 2 or 3 years for the FUNimation version, as I much prefer the American dub actors.

Not sure how I feel about this. Really liked the original series and I haven't read the manga. Still, it'll be pretty cool to see more FMA, just hope the high standards are maintained by bones.

CitizenGeek said:
Like I've said before, the manga is vastly inferior in every single aspect to the anime. That said, the manga is still very, very good. And I'm really looking forward to this series, though I'm pretty sure I'll be waiting a good 2 or 3 years for the FUNimation version, as I much prefer the American dub actors.

I'm also tempted by this as, thanks to you, I have been watching the dub and have fallen in love with it.

Spyro201 said:
CitizenGeek said:

I'm also tempted by this as, thanks to you, I have been watching the dub and have fallen in love with it.

I don't have a particular love for english dubs, but the FMA ones were truly fantastic. At first i found it weird, as I was used to the original japanese actors, but the dub grew on me as I rewatched every episode.

Hopefully, funi will pick this up in my lifetime, so I can collect it.

CitizenGeek said:
Like I've said before, the manga is vastly inferior in every single aspect to the anime.

You like causing arguements it seems, I didn't want to do this, but it would obviously come down to it, another boring FMA anime vs manga topic, throwing the same things back and forth, just stop it.

Anyway, anyone think Funimation will license this from day one?

This and Guin Saga are my Spring anime highlights. Hope the opening is good though.

Dub-allergic here so I'm glad to hear the Elric brothers will be back. Ed was great but it's Al in particular whose voice was perfect. I can't imagine anyone else playing him without making me annoyed about the change.

Despite my avatar I'm not a massive FMA zealot so I'm looking forward to this without expecting too much. I thought the previous anime was excellent so they have a hard act to follow this time around.

Funimation are going to be all over it as soon as they can. Even if it sucks I doubt they want any other company swooping in and coasting on all their FMA marketing over the years by capitalising on market confusion.

R

I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch it on a weekly basis. The passion required to keep coming back for 20 minutes every week just ain't there these days, thanks in no small part to unoriginality and generally crappy anime. Hell, even this is going to be a repeat until around the Greed fight. It all depends how I feel after (re?)watching the first episode...

As for the manga being better, I saw nothing screaming to me that the manga is vastly superior when I read the first five or so chapters awhile back. I have no idea if the real FMA story is great but the anime wouldn't have so much love if it was inferior by a huge amount. Anime fans tend to be picky about adaptations that diverge from the source.

So an anime adaption of the manga is being made? And it actually follows the original story?

Can't wait for this! I much prefer the Manga to the anime (no troll intended) and I'm eager to see Lin animated as himself and the second Greed!

<3 Envy's true form.

I'm curious about Lust. I guess unlike the anime, her personality won't change or develop

And yes, I'm also curious on the newest opening. For some reason I imagine it being sung by a women.

(If you look carefully, Lin is actually in the anime at one point... for about a split second.)

Best news I've herd in awhile! Though I won't be happy if they change something, even if it's minimal. I want it to follow the manga completely.

Thanks for ze info ^^.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jizz-1.gif

That'll probably be my reaction to seeing Envy's true form animated.

Lupus Inu said:
That'll probably be my reaction to seeing Envy's true form animated.

Thank you for that lovely mental image. And for getting that bally song stuck in my head again...

R

Back