Fullmetal Alchemist (on Rapture) discussion

Melainy said:
I feel like I'm going against the grain here, but even though Rapture cocked up I felt rather impressed with what I saw, albeit little (considering I'm an FMA virgin!). Just one more thing to look forward to next week!

The only thing that's really annoying me about Rapture is the fact they've put the apostrophe in the wrong place in their little ad break image. Instead of "You're watching Rapture TV", they've put "Your'e watching Rapture TV". How could nobody at headquarters have spotted this?!

I totally agree with you there, and btw i mentioned about that your'e instead of you're in anohter post :p >.< doh, silly Rapture.

But now ive seen Wolf's Rain, i think its safe to say that there is a chance that they might make the quality better for nxt week, as they did with Wolf's Rain. The only bad thing is the dub (which is actually embassesing to the extreme fro that boy in the suit (he sounds like he's 10 (when he's meant to be 14 i think)), and the editing, but all in all, it was good, and as i'm an FMA virgin too, i think i'm gonna love this series! (loved the blood everywere leg cut off bit too :p)

About the alledged editing. Let's put things in perspective for a moment.

How many times to you see a scene as bloody as, for example, Edward's stump, on TV before the hours of 11PM and midnight? The answer is almost never.

I would not be concerned about the blood being removed, it's not the focus of the show. If they start editing plot, then's the time to start screaming.

Oh course I don't have Rapture, so maybe I should just shut up.

I finally got to watch FMA all the way through last night. I was really worried because by the way some people here were talking about it, I thought they would have completely butchered the show - But i thought it was brilliant! ooo bloody stump -I also liked Ed's voice. :)

(Maybe I'm just too easily pleased... :lol: )

I emailed Rapture about the planned repeat of FMA tonight and was told it won't be a repeat, it will be episode 2 as they can only show each episode twice.

Just a warning incase anyone wasn't going to watch, thinking it would be a repeat.

FMA is one of the first Animes i've watched properly and from Episode 1 alone it looks set to be a great series.

Chris E said:
I emailed Rapture about the planned repeat of FMA tonight and was told it won't be a repeat, it will be episode 2 as they can only show each episode twice.

Just a warning incase anyone wasn't going to watch, thinking it would be a repeat.

FMA is one of the first Animes i've watched properly and from Episode 1 alone it looks set to be a great series.

Which was rather annoying since i couldn't catch the sunday showing.

Ah well, never mind, i got the gist.

So far, i am enjoying it. However i feel that in such a story, the amount of humour isn't entirely warrented. i half expected a somewhat dark and brooding story, but it has been nothing like that really. Still good, but different to what i expected.

I think the thing before FMA was sort of a back up, so in case the same problem happened as last week with something in the system cutting out half of the previous program, people who wanted to tune into FMA would not miss half of the show like last tuesday.

So they put this strange Matrix/Street Fighter/Hentai hybrd on just before.

Although that's just a guess. :lol:

So I was thinking after I watched episode 2. Rose said how Cornello gave the town hope, which brings up the question - Would you rather have hope or nothing at all? - Even if the hope was false?

What do you think? :?

ah but eds comeback sort of did it for me

you have 2 strong legs there Rose, maybe you should make your own hope.

in the end Mankind fate is is determined by mankind itself.

i suppose if your a religious person though, miracles just guide u along the right path

that strange video on before fma looked a bit like bloodrayne to me, it wouldnt surprise me to see the game series advertised that way because it has been in a playboy mag(a feature on 'sexy' games characters) before from what ive read.
a pic of the women from blooddrayne
050404_maj.jpg

by the way ive played the first game and its rubbish, somehow it got a sequel which is out around now and its even got a live action film made which is out soon.

oh poo, i missed it :(, sum1 @ school told me too :S

have to watch it on Sunday, i wonder what that thing before FMA was though, was it an advert or just a programme, and was it in anyway anime related?

I have no idea what that video was, but it was utterly s*** and equally pointless. It was just filling time.

Anyway, I'm into the series now, having been waiting for the complete dvd collection to come out for a while now I was pleased to see that I'd get to see it on UK TV.

Now that everything is settled in we just have to keep on watching and supporting it.

So I was thinking after I watched episode 2. Rose said how Cornello gave the town hope, which brings up the question - Would you rather have hope or nothing at all? - Even if the hope was false?

I have to know that what I believe in is the truth, otherwise there would still be doubt at the back of my mind. But that's the problem at the heart of all belief, sometimes it requires you to have faith in something you do not always understand. People give themselves hope in the end. They are the ones who create God's and idols, and they are the only ones who can decide what to hope for. Give yourself hope. Believe in yourself, because, really you have nothing else. That was what the episode was saying to me anyway...

Neon-Noir said:
I have to know that what I believe in is the truth, otherwise there would still be doubt at the back of my mind. But that's the problem at the heart of all belief, sometimes it requires you to have faith in something you do not always understand. People give themselves hope in the end. They are the ones who create God's and idols, and they are the only ones who can decide what to hope for. Give yourself hope. Believe in yourself, because, really you have nothing else. That was what the episode was saying to me anyway...

Very profound, and I'd have to agree with you. Human beings need hope in order to function, otherwise we just think "what's the point?" For some, religion is the answer, for others it's something different, but the point is that if it gives you and the people around you peace in heart and mind, I'm all for it any day!

Wow, just watch ep 2 of FMA, and that was really awesome. The bit where Rose's boyfriend was revived into a bird was disturbing, it seems that it hasn't been edited too much. I'm really into this series now, gonna buy the dvd's for sure. But i was wondering, what bits have they actually editited from the proper version? And what about the opening/ending scenes. Coz they were definately different from episode 1, in Japanese too, is it the adult swin version still?

Back