Fullmetal Alchemist (on Rapture) discussion

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
This thread is devoted to discussing the latest episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist to have aired on Rapture (Sky Digital channel 288)

Full Metal Alchemist airs on:

Tuesdays 8.30pm.
Repeated Sunday 8.00pm.

Story synopsis said:
After losing their mother, Alphonse and Edward Elric attempt to bring her back using the forbidden science of human alchemy. However, alchemy operates on the theory of equivalent trade, and breaking the human alchemy taboo carries a heavy price. Ed loses his leg, and Al loses his body. Ed is able to seal Al’s soul inside of a huge suit of armor, at the cost of his arm. Years later, Ed (now with two mechanical limbs) and Al (still trapped in the armor) leave their childhood home, each brother concerned with the other’s happiness. Ed, who has a natural talent and skill for alchemy, becomes nationally certified and is soon known everywhere as the "Fullmetal Alchemist." Their true objective is to search for any information on the fabled Philosopher’s Stone, hoping it will allow them to regain their old bodies. All of their hopes rest with this mythical stone, which may not even exist at all. However, the brothers soon learn that they are not the only ones after the powerful stone.

Further information
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=2960

change that to 10 mins lol

i dunno why but the quality of sound/video wasn't that great and i know first hand its better as i use to watch the fansub

is it rapture or funi that killed it?

is it rapture or funi that killed it?

I think a bit of both :D, it was quite dodgy for broadcast quality, started much earlier than it should have (sort it out guys) and I think (correct me if Im wrong) it was the edited Adult Swim versions.

What happened? Why was FMA on earlier than advertised? Not a good start at all!

I also thought the video/audio quality was rather below par. I don't remember FMA looking so washed out. It sounded dodgy too. Oh dear, it's gone a bit wrong :(

What happened? Why was FMA on earlier than advertised? Not a good start at all!

Shoddy workmanship by the looks of it, and It happened at the worst possible time, really a terrible start, Im not sure whether to just buy Wolfs Rain on dvd and just not bother with Rapture

Just got this from the Rapture forums...

Sorry for the problems. Our systems did not play the second part of Gamers and so has screwed our schedule.

9pm should see normal service resume. Full Metal will be repeated next week so no one misses the first episode.

Again we offer our apology for the disappointment.

Paul said:
I also thought the video/audio quality was rather below par. I don't remember FMA looking so washed out. It sounded dodgy too. Oh dear, it's gone a bit wrong :(
I have all the US releases of the first season and the picture quality is very clear on the episodes. This is probably rapture if theres a problem with the video and audio quality.

I don't have sky but that doesn't sound like a good start at all, especially starting earlier than advertised.

I have a friend at work who who came in early so he could get home in time to see it, he'll be calling me in a few minutes to bitch about it. :p

This is probably rapture if theres a problem with the video and audio quality

I think it seems to be one of those things, these free to air 'crappy' channels all seem to just be really bad quality.

Well this is definetly a big set back for anime on UK TV, fingers crossed GXT comes over soon.

Can anybody possibly get a screenshot of how it looked posted? One of the many things I loved about FullMetal was how crisp and refreshing the series was visually.

omg i can't believe i missed half of the show! :shock:
Damn channel, who plays a programme 15mins before it's meant to air!

That was very annoying to miss the first half of the episode (even tho I have seen it but still annoying for anyone who hasn't) Well its safe to say that it is the unedited version after hearing Ed say 'bastard' a few times. I am not a huge fan of the dub but seeing as tho I have been following the japanese audio version its nice to watch the english dub.

Paul said:
Just got this from the Rapture forums...

Sorry for the problems. Our systems did not play the second part of Gamers and so has screwed our schedule.

9pm should see normal service resume. Full Metal will be repeated next week so no one misses the first episode.

Again we offer our apology for the disappointment.

So does that mean that it will be replacing episode 2? If so it looks like there schedule might fall behind.

While the error with timing can be put down to bad luck and the repeat next Tuesday is fair enough, I'm worried about the picture and audio quality; it was disappointing to say the least.

It's good to hear that they know that there was a problem, i was starting to think it would become one of those channels were nothing was on in its proper slot. *has flashbacks to cnx*

Paul said:
While the error with timing can be put down to bad luck and the repeat next Tuesday is fair enough, I'm worried about the picture and audio quality; it was disappointing to say the least.
Paul, did the audio have sort of an echo to it or was it sort of muffled?

I was pretty disappointed with the video quality too. It reminded me of wehn you try watching a R1 dvd on a non-multiregion DVD (if you get what I mean) in that everything seem very unclear and juttery

the audio was ok untill the guy in the metal suit talks (the 2nd brother)

it sounded like when he did the talking he was on the other side of the studio to the mic

Unit 0 said:
I was pretty disappointed with the video quality too. It reminded me of wehn you try watching a R1 dvd on a non-multiregion DVD (if you get what I mean) in that everything seem very unclear and juttery
Hrm, i've never had that problem.

Ryo Chan said:

the audio was ok untill the guy in the metal suit talks (the 2nd brother)

it sounded like when he did the talking he was on the other side of the studio to the mic

I think that the muffling for Al (the metal suit brother) was used on purpose to make him sound like he was in a hollow suit of armour.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Unit 0 said:
Hrm, i've never had that problem.

On my dvd remote you can change the region from NSTC to Pal and if you change it to Pal when watching a R1 dvd the picture quality becomes poor.

Back