French editions to be published

mangatoon already mentioned it before here, too. But I've had a history with anime-store communicating with them. First I had ordered some stuff with co-orderes (that ended up in some really big bulk orders). Once they just send stuff, which was ordered more than once just once and I had to put in a claim about the missing items. (They sent me the rest with no much comment.) A whole lot of other orders from them arrived with some pretty badly damaged items (and one box had a slight production error). Like almost all orders had a handful of boxes crushed the first half dozes of orders or so and I kept mailing them about them. (In some cases I told them to please do something about the packaging, as some were of minor damages I could live with, but still aren't too nice and only happened, because they put the heavy one on top of the package and the smaller less sturdy ones to the buttom. I guess that part didn't come through well.) They just sent me a replacement with no comment a couple of times, even when I wasn't really expecting to, but then I guess I started to look like a fraudster. At some point they literally just wrote back that I should phone them, I tell them, my spoken French is pretty unintelligable (and foreign phone calls are expensive), and they just didn't answer anymore. I then happened to find somebody from France at myanimelist who offered to phone them for me, but apparently they were quite mad. I didn't get too many details of what went in that conversation (the nice French person clearly didn't want to have anything to do with it anymore), but apparantly the replacements were rather expensive and they (I guess understandably) weren't too happy about the whole ordeal either. That was something like a week before I got my SAO artbook (as it was a preorder and that book was produced later, it was send seperately)
And it looks like this: https://66.media.tumblr.com/e58d5deee64b0ef1acf478686ec5b3bd/tumblr_p7caqv3nzZ1ruv8xjo1_1280.jpg
(That's not a scratch, but more like the plastic protection got an extra fold.)
Which was pretty annoying, but I then just sucked it up, because I didn't want any more drama, but that line has been annoying every since. (Like it was even packaged seperately, why didn't the one packing it notice it and it just had to be my foreign shipping package. What stupid bad coincidence is that?) =/
They still haven't changed their packaging, but my orders from them have gone a lot smaller, so the packaging they use seems to be mostly enough by now. (Small issues still surface, but I can live with them.) I did have a question afterwards once, but again the reply was being referred to their phone number.

But if they add the sleeve right away, that's even better, if it needs to come to that. Don't really want to ask them anything anymore. @_@

I am the first surprised!

Anime-store is famous for sending parcels with protection. Where Amazon, fnac, AtA ship their package without protection. And never had any worries with them (except for the delay during Japan expo)
On the other hand I have already dealt with the telephone service, and it's not happy ... It's hard enough to talk to them. Again this is my experience, and many say that the phone service is great ...: - /

Aaaaaand ordered that Rakuten listing for the first edition. (The seller responded he would also ship internationally yay~)
The listing was pretty much the same price as Anime Store's but:
Frais de port 19,69 €
Well, actually 16,69€ and adding more was 1-2€ per item, so I added two more of the seller's storefront, but yeah, French international shipping keeps being just as high as US international shipping prices. x.x" (Though the prices for inside France on the site aren't all that better, that would still have been half the figure.)
Apparantely I also get 4,65€ deducted from my next order on the site. (Whenever that will be and they don't expire until then. My last order was from 2014...) I'd so be using this site more, if it weren't for the shipping prices... (Too bad today wasn't one of these "get 15 off orders over 100" days, they used to had, would have come in really handy.)

Still "en cours de vérification", but hopefully that goes though with no trouble. After that video I really got eager to get it. Seems like a bulkload of art is there and the video nicely only showed the right side with just the tiniest teasinly little bit of the left side near the spine. Have to say that sure did its baiting job well, lol.
Thanks, that eased up the choice quite considerably~

it's the site that resizes the image, the format is G1, (same height as the classic DVD) it's G1 for the DVD and BD version
Oh! That's definitely good to know.

All this one are G1 size
Seeting that Death Parade there... How's the quality of that release like? When I was in Paris I had this in my hand in fnac, and the storyboard extra seemed interesting and the cover seemed nice. (Although I like the DVD cover better than the BD cover.)

I am the first surprised!

Anime-store is famous for sending parcels with protection. Where Amazon, fnac, AtA ship their package without protection. And never had any worries with them (except for the delay during Japan expo)
On the other hand I have already dealt with the telephone service, and it's not happy ... It's hard enough to talk to them. Again this is my experience, and many say that the phone service is great ...: - /
I'm not saying they sent it without protection. It just wasn't enough. I'm talking about orders with up to some 30-40 items per order back in the day. 1-2 layers of their usual plastic protection and their carbox didn't really cut it. Especially since the cardbox they use after a certain size isn't the more sturdy cubic white box, but a brown box with softer material, that paradoxically provides even less protection. Also it looks a lot like, they pack it up in the plastic protection, tape it up in a cube, and then put the box atop, so the upper side goes to the lower side. So I had one package (19 items), which they assembled to a cube and 18 (all DVD boxes) of those 19 made it a an exact cube flat with flat faces, except one (Accel World Saphir), which was the smallest and they probably put that on top of the cube for taping it up. (Which is reasonably enough for that purpose.) But then cube went upside down into the box which I guess is handy to put things into the box, but it was really bad for the transport. The uneven Accel World was at the buttom with the weight of all the other 18 items pressing onto it. The result was, that the digipack got squeezed under gravitational forces and there is a slight mark on the spine now. That's some little damage I didn't even bother complaining about later on, but it's rather annoying, because it was completely avoidable. Other boxes from previous orders that were bigger often had their boxes smashed flat (Gundam Season 2's volumes have a lot of empty space, so putting weight on it is a terrible idea) some boxes corners were completely ripped or curshed, because the packages corner didn't survive the postal service.
Also in the beginning the package slip said like
"3x animetitle x"
and they would pack up just one. This happened more that once, and I had to claim it everytime until then at some point the package slip changed to
"animetitle x
animetitle x
animetitle x"
which seemed to make the one packing things up actually get it. The package slips they send out are still like that today.
(I will admit though the order sizes may have been a bit insane. Back then more people I knew were still fine with French and we did some bulk shopping. But about all of them moved on the English-releases, because of spouses knowing no French, forgetting the language that gradually turned into a mere relict of high school or simply zero resell-value, because nobody over here knows French.)

Seeting that Death Parade there... How's the quality of that release like? When I was in Paris I had this in my hand in fnac, and the storyboard extra seemed interesting and the cover seemed nice. (Although I like the DVD cover better than the BD cover.)

It's really good, one of the best Kazé (french side) release to date.
I did a review of that box here : Death Parade. Testé par Iluvatar

I'm not saying they sent it without protection. It just wasn't enough. I'm talking about orders with up to some 30-40 items per order back in the day. 1-2 layers of their usual plastic protection and their carbox didn't really cut it. Especially since the cardbox they use after a certain size isn't the more sturdy cubic white box, but a brown box with softer material, that paradoxically provides even less protection. Also it looks a lot like, they pack it up in the plastic protection, tape it up in a cube, and then put the box atop, so the upper side goes to the lower side. So I had one package (19 items), which they assembled to a cube and 18 (all DVD boxes) of those 19 made it a an exact cube flat with flat faces, except one (Accel World Saphir), which was the smallest and they probably put that on top of the cube for taping it up. (Which is reasonably enough for that purpose.) But then cube went upside down into the box which I guess is handy to put things into the box, but it was really bad for the transport. The uneven Accel World was at the buttom with the weight of all the other 18 items pressing onto it. The result was, that the digipack got squeezed under gravitational forces and there is a slight mark on the spine now. That's some little damage I didn't even bother complaining about later on, but it's rather annoying, because it was completely avoidable. Other boxes from previous orders that were bigger often had their boxes smashed flat (Gundam Season 2's volumes have a lot of empty space, so putting weight on it is a terrible idea) some boxes corners were completely ripped or curshed, because the packages corner didn't survive the postal service.
Also in the beginning the package slip said like
"3x animetitle x"
and they would pack up just one. This happened more that once, and I had to claim it everytime until then at some point the package slip changed to
"animetitle x
animetitle x
animetitle x"
which seemed to make the one packing things up actually get it. The package slips they send out are still like that today.
(I will admit though the order sizes may have been a bit insane. Back then more people I knew were still fine with French and we did some bulk shopping. But about all of them moved on the English-releases, because of spouses knowing no French, forgetting the language that gradually turned into a mere relict of high school or simply zero resell-value, because nobody over here knows French.)

I misunderstood sorry ;-(

Aaaaaand ordered that Rakuten listing for the first edition. (The seller responded he would also ship internationally yay~)
The listing was pretty much the same price as Anime Store's but:
Frais de port 19,69 €
Well, actually 16,69€ and adding more was 1-2€ per item, so I added two more of the seller's storefront, but yeah, French international shipping keeps being just as high as US international shipping prices. x.x" (Though the prices for inside France on the site aren't all that better, that would still have been half the figure.)
Apparantely I also get 4,65€ deducted from my next order on the site. (Whenever that will be and they don't expire until then. My last order was from 2014...) I'd so be using this site more, if it weren't for the shipping prices... (Too bad today wasn't one of these "get 15 off orders over 100" days, they used to had, would have come in really handy.)

Still "en cours de vérification", but hopefully that goes though with no trouble. After that video I really got eager to get it. Seems like a bulkload of art is there and the video nicely only showed the right side with just the tiniest teasinly little bit of the left side near the spine. Have to say that sure did its baiting job well, lol.
Thanks, that eased up the choice quite considerably~

Did you order the IDP version? Or the Labomen version ? xD

Will you keep us informed when you receive the box? I am curious to know your feelings about this fr edition ;-)

Glad that my video could help you ^^

It's really good, one of the best Kazé (french side) release to date.
I did a review of that box here : Death Parade. Testé par Iluvatar
Ooh, nice~ Thanks for the info. There it does up into my wishlist. It's been on momox for a while (recently it was at 23, not it jumped to 33, hm.) I guess I'll add that to the cart when the next manga I need shows up and I need something to get it to free shipping.
Do the extras also contain the DVD cover illustrations in some way, btw?

I misunderstood sorry ;-(
TL;DR version: Don't buy too much in one order (that will be shipped in one go), some shops clearly aren't prepared for either such large quantities or the dangers of over-national postal routes. Stuff will get crushed under their own weight and drama ensues.

Did you order the IDP version? Or the Labomen version ? xD

Will you keep us informed when you receive the box? I am curious to know your feelings about this fr edition ;-)

Glad that my video could help you ^^
The first labomem version that was listed on Rakuten. I will have to keep my eyes tapped on a version with the dub at some time, but that's probably not going to run away from me any time soon. (Perhaps if the IDP Limited Edition runs out they'll release a simple edition, whose disc I could just put into this box, too.)
So after a long detour I actually did wind up with exactly that which I was originally eying from that imgur unboxing gallery, even if it wasn't exactly what I thought it was, lol.

(And it just went to "Achat confirmé par le vendeur". Yaay. I will probably get my hands on these at Chinese New Year's.)

That's quite a huge batch to come out at once. Is this a new trend? Monogatari 2nd till Owarimono was also one huge batch.

New trend ? xDDD Everyone is surprised!

But the complete information has not yet been transmitted by the publisher. We are waiting for the confirmation of a possible french dub ? Possible bonuses ? The release date seems too unrealistic ... Wait and see

But this is great news for the takeover of Detective Conan in France ^^

New trend ? xDDD Everyone is surprised!
Was there any info why Monogatari was such a huge batch at once?

But this is great news for the takeover of Detective Conan in France ^^
I'm actually surprised, that it seems to be not such a known franchise in France. (Or big enough for all of that being out already.) I knew is wasn't so popular in the US, but would have thought France liked it better. (Given that Lupin is known.)

Seems like it's a DVD sized combo just like Monogatari. Are BD-sized releases basically dead in France? (Either A4 or DVD sized like Zestiria?) (Are they mimicking Japan's single volume releases, that uses DVD sized packages for both BD and DVD?)

Y avait-il des informations sur la raison pour laquelle Monogatari était un lot aussi important à la fois?

It's Dybex ...

I'm actually surprised, that it seems to be not such a known franchise in France. (Or big enough for all of that being out already.) I knew is wasn't so popular in the US, but would have thought France liked it better. (Given that Lupin is known.)

Seems like it's a DVD sized combo just like Monogatari. Are BD-sized releases basically dead in France? (Either A4 or DVD sized like Zestiria?) (Are they mimicking Japan's single volume releases, that uses DVD sized packages for both BD and DVD?)

France liked it a lot, but the TV broadcast stopped a long time ago, following various complaints from "parents" who did not want their child, see dead ... Finally it remains vague about the stop the TV broadcast.

Since Kazé tried a few years ago to revive the movies, but following a dubbing cast very different from the TV version, and the very cheap quality of the boxes. it made a monumental flop!

So what Black Box is trying is really commendable, and surprising!

It seems that it is the size of the monogatari, for the moment no more information about the possible bonus or other ... To follow, the release is scheduled for May 30, 2019

I do not know at all. All we know is that the physical market DVD and BD, in all areas, is falling sharply in France. I imagine that publishers trying to surprise with packaging that comes out of the blue box?

It's Dybex ...
So, they are bad at communicating not just with S;G but also with everything else? oo

France liked it a lot, but the TV broadcast stopped a long time ago, following various complaints from "parents" who did not want their child, see dead ... Finally it remains vague about the stop the TV broadcast.
How ironic with Conan being an educational icon in Japan....
Germany also had a braodcast that stopped (in the middle of a multi part case at that.) But it got resumed just last year or so. Nevertheless it had remained pretty popular with the Manga still being a bestseller and the movies coming out very regularly here.
So what Black Box is trying is really commendable, and surprising!
I wonder if they can pull the miracle of releasing Mushishi S2. S1 on BD was a major surprise back in the day, too.

I do not know at all. All we know is that the physical market DVD and BD, in all areas, is falling sharply in France.
Since when is that?
When Wakanim and Crunchyroll started with streaming? (Though before that wasn't there something with Dailymotion? I remember some streams I wanted to watch for the French dub and being blessed with a Region Lock instead.)

I imagine that publishers trying to surprise with packaging that comes out of the blue box?
packaging that comes out of the blue box? ?_?

About Dybex: What happened to their 20th anniversary Cowboy Bebop?
Their Blame license?
Bebop Movie?

They dybexed everything like they did with Monogatari and FMA?

@Luna: The first simulcast was KZTV in 2009.
But with "all areas" he means: Sales of Hollywood productions are also decreasing sharply

Claims Kill la Kill sold only 250 units in France. (In Germany the first Blu-ray batch was 3.000 units and sold out, + reprints + DVDs)

Their Blame license?
Bebop Movie?

Last time I heard Sony wouldn't license the movie out to Dybex.

Meanwhile, their infinitely superior brother Dynit announced their own Bebop Movie BD (which also includes the English dub).

Claims Kill la Kill sold only 250 units in France.

it is still necessary to take with the tweezers the figures given by Jetblack who are not official

Last time I heard Sony wouldn't license the movie out to Dybex.

Meanwhile, their infinitely superior brother Dynit announced their own Bebop Movie BD (which also includes the English dub).

Don't forget that Dybex and Dynit are independant, an this since a lot of years

Their Blame license?
Bebop Movie?

We do not know ! They do not communicate on anything xDDD

Germany also had a braodcast that stopped (in the middle of a multi part case at that.) But it got resumed just last year or so. Nevertheless it had remained pretty popular with the Manga still being a bestseller and the movies coming out very regularly here.

If I do not say nonsense, the manga is still published at Kana in France, and the series (the new episodes) are broadcast on J-one in Vostfr only.

I wonder if they can pull the miracle of releasing Mushishi S2. S1 on BD was a major surprise back in the day, too.

black box had said, they will not edit season 2. because the sales of season 01 are very bad ;-((

packaging that comes out of the blue box? ?_?

I misspoke xDD

I meant that publishers might want to innovate? With different formats, which changes the blu-ray classic case

it is still necessary to take with the tweezers the figures given by Jetblack who are not official

Event if these numbers are real (wich is totally possible) I would like to point-out that GFK does not take in account sales from BIG online markets, like Amazon fr, so... these number are only representative of the "physical market" and some minor online sellers.

black box had said, they will not edit season 2. because the sales of season 01 are very bad ;-((

More than probably not the only reason, the big one is : S2 is a Aniplex title, while S1 was Kodansha for international sales back in the days, and Aniplex is not willing to give that show to anyone right now, the only exeption was Madman in Australia, but only on SD DVD.

Back