French editions to be published

SpaceDandy

Dandy Guy, in Space
Well, there's not even a release date yet. You can expect it to be released in the next months however. AFAIK the distributor is busy handling the Japan Tours Fest. at the moment (as they play an important role in it, esp. with Japanese guests). Expect it for April-May or Japan Expo.

Luna

Death Scythe

I can't say I am too fond of the box art (a bit too gloomy), but the digipack isn't two face, but three face and has the full JP Boxart after all, so yay~
(And it's probably also in the artbook, considering the other one was in there. Browsing through the artbook was a bit too fast to see it all.)

Denno Coil seems to hit soonish, too.
Now very curious on how From the New World will look like~~

Relaxo

Adventurer
Note: the German Nipponart BD uses the same discs (9/4/9/4), but with simpler packaging without extra DVDs nor booklets / artbooks, but thus a way lower price.
Both releases aren't english-friendly.

SpaceDandy

Dandy Guy, in Space
There's the NHK logo at the end of episode 20 (in next episode teaser), if that is anything to go by. I don't see any difference in the video embedded with your tweet however.

That is assuming the Wakanim version is identical to the Blu-Ray version (they licensed the title from DYBEX for streaming).

SpaceDandy

Dandy Guy, in Space
Dennoh Coil [Collector Edition BD-DVD]
It took 5 years but here it is, oh my god.
  • 94 pages artbook
  • 4 BD / 4 DVD

Black Fox [Blu-Ray]
  • 32 pages booklet
  • Video issues, apparently (Kazé seal of quality ;))
qNMxUd3.jpg

Last edited:

Luna

Death Scythe
Will or will Shinsekai Yori not be faster than those 5 years is the real question there. 😂
(How many years in is it for that one already anyway? 2?)

How's the book like? It is more artworks and illustrations, productions materials etc. or leaning onto interviews et al?

SpaceDandy

Dandy Guy, in Space
No reports yet regarding its content.
The last new on SSY front was that they had sublicensed to streaming service wakanim.tv about 6 months ago. I presume if they go for a CE while no other country has done one (similar case to Dennoh Coil, all other editions are barebones) it's going to be a long ride.

SpaceDandy

Dandy Guy, in Space
How's the book like? It is more artworks and illustrations, productions materials etc. or leaning onto interviews et al?
It's full of artwork and production material. There's little to no text except the description of the main characters (which makes up less than half a page when all are considered together).
Roughly: - 1-22: characters designs
23-50: settei
51-76: key art (original DVD sets covers, special DVD editions covers, promotional artworks) - one image per page, either full page or with some slight margins.
77-92: painted backgrounds
93: Staff

If you like good packaging, it's definitely nice to have. It's a bit fragile but they chose to do something quite unique, for this very special show.

praseodimio65

Completely Average High School Student
That artbook looks a bit barebones when compared to other Dybex A4 releases, I've seen the Nadia and the Steins;Gate ones and they were absolutely amazing, especially the Nadia one

SpaceDandy

Dandy Guy, in Space
It's definitely different as it lacks textual content and less lengthy. I think that's because there's just not that much content to work with that the video licensor can (or want to) provide. It's a surprise to no one that the Japanese are protecting Dennoh Coil. Some of the (very few) licensees claimed it was years of negotiation to get the show in the west.
It remains a good one however, with excellent printing quality.