Free UK Available Streaming Anime & Anime on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means they do at least (almost certainly) have Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?, which was high on my priorities.
Probably have to pirate Madoka though, unless ANN somehow end up streaming it here (they were looking at expanding regions for simulcasts).

And they confirmed Kore wa Zombie desu ka?, Hourou Musuko, & Level E. So yeah, that list was spot on.

Very pleased about GOSICK, KoreZom, and Hourou Musuko.

Oh wow, I don't think I even realized they'd opened the whole of the show up to UK viewers. Or maybe I did and just forgot. Either way, good news.

TAN is not good value for us brits. Last time I did a count we got access to something like 36% of the shows. Compared with CR which is now up to 75%.

130 UK viewable series in CR, 45 on TAN.

I need to automate searching the Funi titles....

I got a years subscription to TAN when they had an offer. Barely used it - initially I couldn't watch anything fullscreen due to some wierd bug with my old PC. After that the momentum went and even after I got a new laptop I barely used it.

Not necessarily news but Gurren Lagann is on Youtube via Manga Entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/show/gurrenlagann

Goes to watch the first episode and notices that awful, terrible, evil, awful, bad, sweary bad, so awful evil anime that screened on the Sci-Fi Channel during the mid-90's named M.D. Geist and closes window before he's traumatised further.

Hokago no Pleiades, the Subaru & Gainax collaboration is now subbed on their official youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbrxgx

Just watched it here's my tuppence:

Positives

Very pretty artwork/visuals
Decent music
For a promotional tool the 'advertising' is quite low key (e.g. a character named Subaru, flying broomsticks that make engine noises)
Short & Sweet (approx 22 mins, split into 4 episodes).

Negatives

Wafer thin plot & characterisation.
Feels like the first episode of a series, rather than a complete OVA.

I would say it is worth watching, even just out of curiosity. (Since its so short). I enjoyed it a lot more than the first ep of Freezing!
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back