Free UK Available Streaming Anime & Anime on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just noticed that all episodes of FMA dubbed and subbed are now on Funimation's channel. This must have been recently since I checked about a week ago and they only had upto 5 dubbed on there.

Reaper gI said:
reborn said:
Shikabane Hime is also up DUB/SUB on Youtube.
Non-news it's been up since it simulcasted here.
I figured it might be something to add to the front list or is that no longer going to be updated?

@Shiroi Hane - I think I get what you're getting at, it shall remain unspoken by me from this day forward

Short notice I know, but Tales From Earthsea has a showing today at 2.55 on Film4.

You still have 2 and a half hours to get your affairs in order.

There's a repeat on Thursday at 11 am, same channel.

Lawrence said:
Just Passing Through said:
Short notice I know, but Tales From Earthsea has a showing today at 2.55 on Film4.

You still have 2 and a half hours to get your affairs in order.

There's a repeat on Thursday at 11 am, same channel.

Or three and a half if you watch it on film4 +1.

I hear Earthsea isn't as well received as other Ghibli films but it couldn't hurt to watch it right?

i quite enjoyed TOE tbh, oh and on anytime if u have sky or virgin + :D

I take it that the inclusion of Spice and Wolf on their channel indicates that the show might finally get a UK release? I hope so, it's one of the better shows to have come out in recent years.

memorium said:
I take it that the inclusion of Spice and Wolf on their channelindicates that the show might finally get a UK release? I hope so, it's one of the better shows to have come out in recent years.
Assume it's been unlocked because it is coming out here (Manga at least strongly hinted at it on Twitter), so they added us to the US contract (don't think their dvd and streaming rights are separate).

i.e, FUNi didn't have UK rights for it, but manga went through them to the Japanese licensee, so they now do.

I thought that the distribution and streaming rights were separate, that solves the mystery of why the hell Slayers is blocked here, even though it has a UK release

This is music to my ears though :)

memorium said:
I thought that the distribution and streaming rights were separate, that solves the mystery of why the hell Slayers is blocked here, even though it has a UK release

This is music to my ears though :)
It's on a show by show basis. Contracts routinely have multiple rights on them. Like Bakatest being on Dance in the Vampire Bund's licence, or Haruhi S2, Haruhi-chan, Nyoron Churuya-san and Disapearance of Haruhi all being one licence.

It's noitaminA (except Fractale) and other simulcasts where FUNi only had streaming rights.

Slayers is released here by MVM, who don't licnese off FUNi (anymore), if it was FUNi it would have to be from Manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back