Fox mauls children

SciFiBoy said:
Zin5ki said:
I shall attempt to outdo previous pictorial contributions:

mailheadline.jpg

Truth be told, I am rarely complemented on matters of taste and sensibility.

roflmao, that's great, would be even funnier if they have a similar headline in real life, lol

Agreed, that's just what they would say as well.

On a serious note though, i hope they don't try to use this as a stepping stone to try and get the awful fox hunts unbanned. Sure what the fox did was bad, but it was just following its nature, and i've heard a theory that the only reason the fox attacked them was because it had fell into the cot with them and panicked, trying to get out.

one thing that worried me though was the fact that the fox showed no fear in entering the house when it was occupied. If it had been empty it would of made sense.

Well in the bbc link i sent, a vet(?) said that it was strange for an animal to attack unless it'd jumped into the cot (as they sometimes enter houses and sleep on beds) and realised two small squirming objects where below it.

Using natural instincts, if something moves and your not sure what it is, your going to be curious, scared and willing to attack to save yourself. In honesty, if caught in a situation that you had no control over and you where unsure as to how safe you are, any one of us would do the same thing and lash out in self defence.

Animals are less fearful of humans, take your common pigeon in a town centre, they walk about from one chicken and chip shop to the next. if a human stamps his foot to try and move the pigeon out of the way, the bloody vermin with wings will carry on without worrying about you.

Godot said:
mangaman74 said:
Fox mauls children - Does this mean Rupert Murdoch is getting tough on illegal downloading?

I lol'd.
I've been trying to do a 20th joke for so long. I searched for a couple of hours for kids dressed up as Browncoats and I got nada.

some thoughts ive had since seeing this on the news:

1. why the hell did the parents leave the window open...and then not hear a fox come in and attack the kids???

2. how on earth did a fox end up in a house in London? isnt it a really urban city? everytime I go there I see basically no woods/forests for these foxes to have come from...

3. they apparently killed a fox, but they dont know if it was the same fox that did it...great job there, in future lets just shoot the first person who looks like a criminal near the crime scene...crazy stuff

4. baby foxes are cute...(not strictly relevant, but hey...)

1. it was a hot day, who expects a fox to come inside an maul your children? That's like worrying an eagle will fly in through an open window and take your children away (ok not that extreme, but it's such a rare unlikely occurence). For the second part, animals are pretty quiet, it's how they catch their prey, probably should've heard the children's reaction and maybe they did I dunno the whole story in explicit detail.

3. I hadn't heard that but that is dumb yeah.

4. Most babies are cute, some go on to become something ugly.

Hokum said:
Mutsumi said:
Otaku-san said:
kupocake said:
He was just after your speckled hens!

No he just wanted his Cripple Cock

/Somerset puns

I'm from and live in Somerset and I don't get this. Is Cripple Cock some kind of drink like Speckled Hen is?

Your obviously not a cider drinker...;)

You're obviously not an experienced apostrophe user...;)

...I obviously couldn't think of any better comeback than grammar whoring.

Grammar Whoring a dyslexic at that too... BE thankful i spelt "your" correctly!

I lived in Street for years where are you located?

Hokum said:
Grammar Whoring a dyslexic at that too... BE thankful i spelt "your" correctly!

I lived in Street for years where are you located?

Yeovil here. ^_^ Not particularly far from Street, but not close either.

Also, be proud, for I would never have believed you to be dyslexic had you not just said so. Your typing is far above the level of other dylexics I have come across online.

Hokum said:
Yay for cutting and pasting into word! ;)

And you should see my hand writing!

Don't knock it. ;) If you've the cunning to spellcheck your typing like that, you've overcome your weakness. That is far more than most people do.

When I say 'most people', I am thinking in particular of a few people on AnimeLeague, and a few people I know not from here. Nobody here comes across to me as an obvious dyslexic.

By the way, Jayme, who is that in your icon?

Not that I'm judging you guys, but is being Dyslexic the "thing" nowadays? Like in the same way being bisexual is the "thing" in college

Edit:

Most of the mods on Animeleague seem to be Dyslexic I swear to God

Back