Final Fantasy Party

Nemphtis

Hunter
Final Fantasy Party is an event being held by Square Enix in Japan as we speak. It's basically a place open to the press and public where they are making new announcements for the company and generally their own mini Tokyo Game Show. I'll update with news as it's available to me, but so far there have been a few developments already.

DSCF8777.JPG

Here's what we know so far...

An announcement for a Kingdom Hearts announcement at the Tokyo Game Show.

What else? Sephiroth popped up in the PSP fighter Dissidia. There were also Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailers, which were longer versions of previous trailers. What others were shown for us at the Party to describe? Dragon Quest IX was shown, but minus gameplay footage. There ya have it!

DSCF8761.JPG

If you haven't gotten enough Final Fantasy XI: Online, there's an expansion pack coming. Excited? Well, just look at these folks. They've even got their cell phones out and are sending questions to the Final Fantasy XI: Online Althena no Shinpei Q&A so that their questions can be read live on stage.

Source.

It was just a rumour anyway, doesn't mean anything really, since Square will suck Final Fantasy dry like Nintendo does with Pokémon.

Stopping a franchise that is selling well would be as stupid as Sony only releasing three PlayStation 3 consoles in Europe and then bragging about how it was the fastest selling console in history. The chances of Square halting the series is very unlikely, worst case scenario they might be planning to end the series with Sony and continue it on another console now that Sony have begun to lose their support.

PS. So far I haven't read any other eye-catching news from the FF Party, the only updates I've seen are about the long lines of people waiting to see extended versions of game trailers.

Lupus Inu said:
I heard that XIII is apparently the last Final Fantasy... BUT! We all know that's just not going to happen.

Correction, the last FF game for 10 years. It was planned to be a 20 year project, but somehow half it.

Not all of the FF13 gonna be games, some of it will be Manga and Anime as well.

Actually, FFXII got many good ratings, and would be considered as one of the better games in the franchise, but it's all a matter of opinion so I can't really argue with what you're saying. On a different note, the Final Fantasy Party is over and it seems that aside from some neat FFXII statues and stain glass windows, there was nothing really new to show other than a few announcements (FFXI expansion) and slightly extended trailers of games we've already seen... So all in all, it seems rather eventless from where I'm sitting.

I personally felt it was less of a Final Fantasy, and more of a Vagrant Story/Final Fantasy Tactics hybrid.

Compared to the more traditional Final Fantasies that I grew up with at least, for me it was a major disappointment.

Back