Figure discussion/picture thread

Still trying desperately not to buy figures, someone talk me out of putting in an order for Gwendolyn...

We can always ask TeaPot to deny you any further access to this thread :D

Nah, great order.

Luckily for me i'm not into figma's a lot so that limits the options a bit. BTW i've also ordered the GSC Rem figure from Big in Japan. So now i've two Re:Zero figures in pre-order.

Currently have these on the waiting list:

czowuuTm.jpg
S9GJWoEm.jpg

The base on that Emilia is pretty swish...

I'd have liked that figure myself but i am having to be ruthless with space nowadays...

The base on that Emilia is pretty swish...

I'd have liked that figure myself but i am having to be ruthless with space nowadays...

Ye, non-standing figures they have to do something to support them so they tend to have good to great bases.

It's a shame that so many standing figures get the plain base treatment. I guess an argument can be made for being unobtrusive but then we have things like Hatsune Miku -Project Diva- F 2nd - Hatsune Miku - 1/7 - Orange Blossom Ver. (Max Factory) - Bold complimentary colour scheme in pearlescent paint and then they go for a yucky off yellow base :eek:

Currently attempting to temper myself as I'll have space issues sooner or later at this rate.

Pre-ordered Ram

Been on the fence on these two for a while but your post pushed me over into ordering a few weeks back (dangerous thread this one - at least for the wallet). It helps that they are pretty far off, and at a remarkably good price for figures these days.

Currently waiting on Yami to ship To LOVEru Darkness - Konjiki no Yami - 1/4 - Bunny Ver. (FREEing)

Kaneel1468292733.jpeg

I was probably more excited about Momo but Yami's come out real nice judging by user pics (better than the rather pale promotional pics even). With any luck Momo will be out early in May to allow me to take advantage of the boost in the pound before it possibly drops again.

I would usually get it from biginjapan but they wanted immediate payment which I couldn't do. I don't order figures from amiami as I'd get hit by customs. So ordered him from Nippon Yasan as they had pay later option plus they under value like BIJ so I don't get hit by customs.

I'll have to look into BIJ, I've veered away from AmiAmi mostly as I also get hit by customs. Putting some orders into Hobby Search, which sometime get through. I have a few big things on order with Nippon Yasan, using translogistical shipping as there's no way Yami would get past customs so I may as well pay up front and avoid handling - not to mention the actual shipping fee + VAT equals most other shops EMS price so I'm saving a fair bit really. I'm just not sure I 100% trust NY, they seem to be a shop where it's all fine till it's not fine, and then your out of luck.

--

I got myself super hyped up for Fate/Stay Night - Tohsaka Rin - 1/7 - Type-Moon Racing ver. (Plusone, Stronger) - no where near enough good Rin's on the market. I was somewhat on the fence about the Saber but I ended up ordering her a few weeks after orders opened once I realised Rin would be a part of the set. (and as a bonus Nero is the missing piece of the puzzle and it's always good to see a nice figure of her)

Agon1493514758.jpeg

I got myself super hyped up for Fate/Stay Night - Tohsaka Rin - 1/7 - Type-Moon Racing ver. (Plusone, Stronger) - no where near enough good Rin's on the market. I was somewhat on the fence about the Saber but I ended up ordering her a few weeks after orders opened once I realised Rin would be a part of the set. (and as a bonus Nero is the missing piece of the puzzle and it's always good to see a nice figure of her)

Agon1493514758.jpeg

Already have Saber on pre-order, might have to get Rin as well. She does look good. Only problem is she comes out in December, same month as Rem.

Only problem is I would have to get Nero as well, even if she doesn't look that good, just so the set is complete.

Already have Saber on pre-order, might have to get Rin as well. She does look good. Only problem is she comes out in December, same month as Rem.

Only problem is I would have to get Nero as well, even if she doesn't look that good, just so the set is complete.

True, they are very much figures you either buy just one and ignore the base or get all 3 to complete it. Not sure if you've seen it but the car they all feature on is shown here 石田あきら@アポクリファ漫画連載中 on Twitter so you can see what Nero will look like. Decembers a good ways off so I reckon you could treat yourself to two figures for Xmas ;)

True, they are very much figures you either buy just one and ignore the base or get all 3 to complete it. Not sure if you've seen it but the car they all feature on is shown here 石田あきら@アポクリファ漫画連載中 on Twitter so you can see what Nero will look like. Decembers a good ways off so I reckon you could treat yourself to two figures for Xmas ;)

Yeah, I did see that, only had a very quick look though. She does look good.

Decisions, decisions.

Probably will end up caving and pre-ordering Rin. Watch this space :)

I'll have to look into BIJ, I've veered away from AmiAmi mostly as I also get hit by customs. Putting some orders into Hobby Search, which sometime get through. I have a few big things on order with Nippon Yasan, using translogistical shipping as there's no way Yami would get past customs so I may as well pay up front and avoid handling - not to mention the actual shipping fee + VAT equals most other shops EMS price so I'm saving a fair bit really. I'm just not sure I 100% trust NY, they seem to be a shop where it's all fine till it's not fine, and then your out of luck.
I've had no problems with NY. I had a figure that was 25,000 yen and they put 2500 yen on the slip and that got through with no customs and it was in the biggest box i've ever had for a figure. If that got through no problems then anything will get through. I try and always get my figures from BIJ as you can ask them to undervalue it and mark it as a gift.
-----
Just ordered from NY Gundam Guys Generation - Char Aznable - import from Japan

Looks good, I like the fact the helmet is not only removable but there's an alternate hand so he can hold it.

Just received Yami, will have to wait till tomorrow to open her (focused on watching Kizomonogatari part 2 this evening). Eyeing up a Nendoroid for October but I'm a little worried I'm going overboard, though they are some much cheaper than scales it's no wonder they are easy to order :p

Liking the direction the Yen is going, May is a heavy order month and it's looking like I'll save a decent amount compared to my projected budget that assumes 130 yen to the pound (I based that on things going real bad and it was heading that way till the recent election announcement)

Back