FF XII

cercia

School Idol
Im not sure if anyone has posted a FF XII thread yet, if so, gomen ne!!!!

Interested in knowing what everyone thinks of this perfect new FF game. Personally I like it, but the combat system is confusing and slow for me. Doesn't Basch look suspiciously like Heath Ledger..?

My favourite character is Basch though. I haven't been allowed to play it recently because I told my hubby off for leching over the bunny girl, Fran (just a prod, not serious telling off) and now Ive gotten banned from FFXII. That's life I guess.

How could basch be your fave character he is soooo boring and has the worst clothing and style, me I prefer Balthier something about him really reminds me of The Baron, from Ghibli's The Cat Returns, I love his apporoach to situations and attitude towards the others in the party.

I love FFXII especially the side quests, infact I have taken a break from the main story and am now concentrating on leveling up my characters and exploring the world. I love the hunts too, they add a nice extra to the game letting you earn a living by either completing hunts or selling the large amounts of dropped/stolen items from the various monsters you encounter.

Best. Game. Ever. [Of FF games]

I should've completed this already, but I'm currently fighting my way through Giruvegan to get back to fighting Cidolfus. : D

Only just got to it, but the guy with the shades looks awsome, and he has minions :D
Still not happy with the black magic with the game, its good against certain mobs, but if you ask me its a waste of mana on bosses, at least on the ones I've taken down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roadie said:
Only just got to it, but the guy with the shades looks awsome, and he has minions :D
Still not happy with the black magic with the game, its good against certain mobs, but if you ask me its a waste of mana on bosses, at least on the ones I've taken down.

I rarely ever use magic, I seem to currently rely on my teams mists and brute force, at the moment this working well for me but I get the feeling that later I will have to concentrate on setting up new magic gambits in order to deal with later bosses and high level beasts

Last edited by a moderator:
i play it every so often when i am not working or on another game but it is good, specially the graphics and the Gambit system works well. Favourite character? i have no idea, so far i tend to use penelo a lot but i dunno who is my favourite though.

Can't be bothered with gambits at the moment, put the usual use cure <50% hp, attack party leaders, attack nearest target.etc But for magic (Ashe for me) I use them as the party leader with no gambits, this also applies to those with gambits, I just don't put magic in the gambit list.

I only use Mist abilities when the boss is on low health so he/she doesn't sneak an uber powerful attack onto me. Since they tend to drain all your magic and sometimes they're sort of crappy. But chain combos with Mist abilities are win! I need to get the other secret espers. ;_;

Started playing it last night, had to double-check the box to make sure I wasn't playing Monster Hunter...

It seems ok, think it'll get better as I get more confident with the new combat system. Despite the physical freedom it gives you if you make a step too far away from your current objective you get instant death from mega-powerful monsters. I've only played for 2 hours and it's happened twice - gotta stop getting distracted! :lol:

Ushio said:
Started playing it last night, had to double-check the box to make sure I wasn't playing Monster Hunter...

It seems ok, think it'll get better as I get more confident with the new combat system. Despite the physical freedom it gives you if you make a step too far away from your current objective you get instant death from mega-powerful monsters. I've only played for 2 hours and it's happened twice - gotta stop getting distracted! :lol:

The combat system is at first really dis-orientating for an FF game, took me a while to get used to it, infact I spent about an hour running arounf the Eastersands hacking up wolves and cacti just to get used to it, the gambits are the hardest bit to get right as you find yourself using the same setup all the time when you need to adjust them for each boss to counter there attacks (I don't bother gambiting Vaan as I control him).

Yeah the Eastersands Saurian is a pain, but as long as you don't attack it, it leaves yu alone, later on when you level up you can kick its ass for some revenge fun :D

I'm in some tower on the ending to the game, it never ends and I'm getting pissed off with the amount of bosses I've met along the way, though Fenrir provided a fun challenge.

Brilliant game, certainly one of the best Final Fantasies to date.

and Lupus.. you got a lot more bosses yet if you are only at Phalos.

I still havent got a Ps2 yet (Im broke) and I have the game sat on my Tv just waiting for me to play it. So now I have decided to sell it to someone that can actualy play it. Right now it just doesnt intrest me anymore so I am finaly free from its clutches.

pomtry said:
I still havent got a Ps2 yet (Im broke) and I have the game sat on my Tv just waiting for me to play it. So now I have decided to sell it to someone that can actualy play it. Right now it just doesnt intrest me anymore so I am finaly free from its clutches.

Sorry to hear you still aren't back on the PS2 dude, I was up last night on FFXII, I am currently running around leveling up the weaker members of my party, especially since Fran was on level 9 and Vaan level 29, so right now I am letting them run around the Osome Plains slaying Chocobo's and snakes

also currently in the osmone plains
everyones at levels 26-29 (gave that wild saurian a timely whooping)

fave characters would have to be basch then balthier, but Vaan sucks ****. Worst main character yet.

Tessai said:
also currently in the osmone plains
everyones at levels 26-29 (gave that wild saurian a timely whooping)

fave characters would have to be basch then balthier, but Vaan sucks ****. Worst main character yet.

He is a little weak I agree, hate Basch's outfit he looks like an aging rent boy. Balthier is smooth and I can see his outfit becoming a firm Cosply favourite for future Mascarade Balls

Vaan is the main character yet there's more focus on Ash later on and Vaan is just there and ocassionally refered to being a future sky pirate... he got hosed, not like he was good though. Btw Basch in XIIs version of Auron, better character design, but lacks the Auron ownage.

Lupus Inu said:
Vaan is the main character yet there's more focus on Ash later on and Vaan is just there and ocassionally refered to being a future sky pirate... he got hosed, not like he was good though. Btw Basch in XIIs version of Auron, better character design, but lacks the Auron ownage.

I thinks thats because Vaan is just your own avatar, a way to see into the world of FFXII his story is pretty simple so you can see what is going on around him, like with the Princess, she is the real foundation of the series

Back