Favourite opening/ending sequences

This one's from a film so not quite what you meant, but there's credits in there so I guess it counts as an opening:

This one may also be a cheat because it's the full song rather than the actual ED because the song kicks in whilst the show is still going and thus spoilerific, but I love the song.

Great subject @Neil.T !

OPs:

EDs:

And just for some great and catchy Engrish:
Berserk Opening HD
PUT YOUR GRASSES ON!

Thought I'd choose a mix of well-known and lesser known, a lot of these are on my phone and are in regular shuffle

Last edited:
Dirty Pair: Project Eden - Safari Eyes :
Maison Ikkoku - Kanashimi yo Konnichiwa:
Urusei Yatsura - Lum no Love Song:
Anne of Green Gables - Kikoeru Kashira:
City Hunter 3 - Running to Horizon:
Boogiepop Phantom - Yuudachi:
Boogiepop Phantom opening intro

Armored Trooper Votoms - Honoo no Sadame:
Armored Trooper Votoms OP

Last edited:
This thread needs some rules and spoiler tags, lest I totally wreck my browser filling the page with videos!

I'm gonna second this. I put mine in tags because I figured this might happen, but every time I open the thread now my browser grinds to a halt while it desperately tries to load the thirty embedded videos on the page . :D

@HWR

I think song wise I would go the opposite way to both your GitS:SAC picks, but it's a close call. Animation wise the CG Major looks a bit dated now in SAC1s OP:

And there is none in SAC2 ED so probably doesn't really qualify for this thread at all, but heh:

@HWR

I think song wise I would go the opposite way to both your GitS:SAC picks, but it's a close call. Animation wise the CG Major looks a bit dated now in SAC1s OP:

And there is none in SAC2 ED so probably doesn't really qualify for this thread at all, but heh:

Both GITS themes are great, courtesy of the late great singer Origa. Also the SAC2 ED is superb, more Steve Conte for the soul!

Back