Favourite opening/ending sequences

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
“In the Night” the OP for the 90s series Key the Metal Idol. It’s the English version since the Japanese vocals in the original are a bit lacking imo.

Last edited:

D1tchd1gger

Time-Traveller
See I skipped that one because the synopsis makes it sound like a hentai but I liked that OP - is it worth giving it a go?
Yeah! It treats the subject fairly seriously, steps up to the trashy line a few times, but doesn't cross it too far (for me). There's also a few moments of comedy as well.
The video above is obviously the full version. The actual OP has some good visual moments as well:

I think a lot of peoples favourite is Dororo:

I'm a sucker for the animation and the songs to be in sync so Quintessential Quintuplets were they sing a part of it at the beginning and WATATEN where characters clap along and at one point do a dance number (also the credits are nicely integrated, such as being sown on to some fabric and painted on the road like road signs).
I also like both the OP and ED for Boogiepop.

Last edited:

Stiivun

Stand User
Domestic Girlfriend is pretty much like @D1tchd1gger described. Sometimes I get the impression that this series has difficulties on deciding what it wants to be. It's certainly isn't top stuff but not bad either, see there seems I suffer from the same indecision as the series itself :)

And I should have mentioned that the YouTube link I posted was the complete version and not the OP, my bad.

Arveene

School Idol
I was reminded of this today...
The show was utterly unmemorable. But dang if the OP isn't one of my favourites of all time.

ayase

State Alchemist
Patlabor has a lot of good songs, the Complete Vocal Collection is worth having. The second TV ending, Paradise no Kakuritsu is probably my favourite. Did I already post that? Yes I did. Good. Here it is again just for good measure.