My Chemical Romance
Evanescence
Radiohead

Some J-Rock/Pop

Asian Kung-Fu Generation
L Arc En Ciel
YUI
Uverworld

Xelis - Someone else who knows of Switchfoot. The songs by them used in Life As A House are really good.

Before, anime/manga hijacked my life my favourite bands were:
Mansun, dEUS, Idlewild, Placebo, Muse, Joy Division, Magazine, Zita Swoon, Evil Superstars, Das Pop, Metric

Now they are:
L'arc en Ciel, Olivia, Anna T, Malice Mizer, Hyde, Asian Kung Fu Generation

Never underestimate the power of manga

I don’t think I could possibly name a favourite band. Bands I’ve really liked at some point have been Spear of Destiny/Theatre of Hate, The Waterboys, Dio, Kasabian (saw them live 17 times in a year, but then they ruined it with a crap 2nd album). The Others, Art Brut, Modey Lemon and iLiKETRAiNS are amongst current favourites.

I love Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica. Couldn’t call who’s ‘best’ though. They all offered something a little different. Surprised no one mentioned Anthrax (Among the Living, great album). I have a huge love of 80’s US Hardcore punk; bands like DRI, Bad Brains, Fear, Cro-Mags, Gang Green etc.

Manga Girls, I see you were a big fan of Belgium bands. dEUS are my favourite of those. But you didn’t mention Millionaire. I think Champagne from their album Outside the Simian Flock is an awesome tune.

I’m going to see Cansei Der Sexy at the Ritz in Manchester tonight. They’re weird.

Hello Harkins

Yes, I was (and am still) a fan of Belgian Music. dEUS are also my favourites, The Ideal Crash is an extremely beautiful record. Tom Barman is one of my heroes - interestingly, we both have the same motto. He once said in an interview something along the lines of "Giving up is not an option." I guess that makes us kindred spirits of sorts! :)

I do own that Millionaire album, but I thought I had mentioned too many belgian bands as it was. Have you heard the soundtrack to Tom Barman's movie? Or the Magnus album? - both are good.

Oh heck! This is turning into a Belgian music post! Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to talk music some more. Good to see another dEUS fan on the forum!

M.G xx

I like a lot of Bands, Here is a Sample. Yes I know there is absolutely No Consistancey in My music other than a large majority could be classed as Rock

RHCP
Green Day
Led Zeppelin
Flogging Molly
Metallica
GNR
Velvet Revolver
Evanesence
Aerosmith
Rolling Stones
Oasis
Bon Jovi
ACDC
Rat Pack
Queen
Nickelback
Theory Of A Deadman
Jack Johnson
Seatbelts
L'arc en Ceil
Pillows
Mr Big
Goo Goo Dolls
Kid Rock
Jimi Hendrix
Motley Crue
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Black Sabbath
Ozzy Osbourne
Fozzy
Wierd Al Yankovic

Manga Girls said:
Xelis - Someone else who knows of Switchfoot. The songs by them used in Life As A House are really good.

What songs would they be, I think Ive got all their songs.

More to my list:

Gackt - Im hooked on Mezmerize at the moment
Hyde
FLOW

One of my fave live bands/singers Pink my gf is a huge fan and took me to the uk gigs and i was blown away the stage shows are HUGE and have tons of stuff happening, well worth checking out

Back