favorite band

Slayer are gods. [lol]

I have too many favourites too name, though I suppose right now Avenged Sevenfold is my favourite band for English bands and MAXIMUM the HORMONE for Japanese.

Link100p said:
At the moment it's The Velvet Underground.

Slayer are the king of the thrash bands I believe Hyaku.

Pfft, old Metallica or Megadeth dominate Slayer.

However, God Hates Us All was phenomenal.

Hyaku said:
Link100p said:

A lot of Metallica and Megadeth stuff is laughable. Slayer can be pretty good, but they still aren't great.

< Avatar. :p

The Smashing Pumpkins are one of my favourite bands - their stuff reminds me of so many of my other faves, such as Black Sabbath, Queen, New Order, and Pink Floyd.

Metallica were great up to and including the Black album. After that, they were inconsistent and St Anger was downright disappointing.

I'm currently enjoying the new NIN album, Year Zero. It's less metal-inspired and more experimental. The only one that took Trent Reznor less than five years to make and it's the best he's done in over a decade!

Link100p said:
Hyaku said:
Link100p said:

A lot of Metallica and Megadeth stuff is laughable. Slayer can be pretty good, but they still aren't great.

Of course they all had their fair share of ****** albums (Metallica have successfully strip all decency from their work for the last decade), but which band hasn't?

The stuff Metallica and Megadeth are highly regarded for is pure gold, and will never be kicked back behind Slayer.

Plus, you gotta' give Mustaine credit, he's just an asshole in general.

Hyaku said:
Link100p said:
Hyaku said:
Link100p said:

Of course they all had their fair share of ****** albums (Metallica have successfully strip all decency from their work for the last decade), but which band hasn't?
Velvet Underground (Barr one Album, that doesn't count as non of the members of Velvet underground were on it.), Joy Division and Mahavishu Orchestra to name a few.

Slayer pretty much have one riff, play it at different tempos and then change the name of the song.

As it says in my profile, mine is the Foo Fighters. Other favourites include Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Biffy Clyro, Dispatch and Ghetto Billies.
Xelis said:
Im gonna break the metal mould here and say Switchfoot :D.
^_^

Megadeth make better thrash music. It's fast, complex and have crazy awesome riffs.

Slayer has one or two awesome riffs followed by a ****** nonsensical Kerry King solo over the top.

Anyway I don't really have a favourite band but I'm loving Porcupine Tree right now.

They are complex and fast, but something about them seems rather ******. I think Slayer's solos are kinda fun, but I would never call myself a fan.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Megadeth make better thrash music. It's fast, complex and have crazy awesome riffs.

Slayer has one or two awesome riffs followed by a ****** nonsensical Kerry King solo over the top.

Anyway I don't really have a favourite band but I'm loving Porcupine Tree right now.

I love King's approach to solo's, despite the criticism he often recieves off of fans, but they nowhere near compare to anything Mustaine or Hammett have wrote.

As for which is better, this is the quickest comparison I could find:

Im not a big fan of metal but Metallica's S&M album is just perfect, the San Fransisco symphony orchestra and Metallica make for one of the best combinations of genres Ive ever heard.

Back