favorite band

Hyaku said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Megadeth make better thrash music. It's fast, complex and have crazy awesome riffs.

Slayer has one or two awesome riffs followed by a ****** nonsensical Kerry King solo over the top.

Anyway I don't really have a favourite band but I'm loving Porcupine Tree right now.

I love King's approach to solo's, despite the criticism he often recieves off of fans, but they nowhere near compare to anything Mustaine or Hammett have wrote.

As for which is better, this is the quickest comparison I could find:
"How to like Music by Myspace"

Link100p said:
Hyaku said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Megadeth make better thrash music. It's fast, complex and have crazy awesome riffs.

Slayer has one or two awesome riffs followed by a ****** nonsensical Kerry King solo over the top.

Anyway I don't really have a favourite band but I'm loving Porcupine Tree right now.

I love King's approach to solo's, despite the criticism he often recieves off of fans, but they nowhere near compare to anything Mustaine or Hammett have wrote.

As for which is better, this is the quickest comparison I could find:
"How to like Music by Myspace"

There are music fans from every possible genre you can think of on Myspace, so I'd say that was a fair representation of those four band's fanbase size.

Despite the impression that you'd get at first glance, it isn't just emo's that monopolise it.

Though I mean, Popularity doesn't mean greatness. Judging by the number of CD sales is possibly the worst way to see if a band is good or not.

Link100p said:
Though I mean, Popularity doesn't mean greatness. Judging by the number of CD sales is possibly the worst way to see if a band is good or not.

Totally agree with you there.

MCR being a prime example.

Real music was forgotten in the early nineties.

I'll be wading in musical nostalgia if anyone needs me. :(

3 DOORS DOWN

Been to see them every year when they come to the UK to do one gig and love it everytime.

If you like Rock Music, track them down you will not be disappointed

McIcy said:
3 DOORS DOWN

Been to see them every year when they come to the UK to do one gig and love it everytime.

Damn you. I had a chance to go see them in Glasgow, but I chose to revise for my exams. :evil:

Maxon said:
McIcy said:
3 DOORS DOWN

Damn you. I had a chance to go see them in Glasgow, but I chose to revise for my exams. :evil:

Never pass up the chance, they are one of the best live bands I have ever seen, as they sound even better live than they do on CD

Alkaline Trio :)

When i had the chance to meet them a few years ago i was a complete mess,i can only look back on it with embarassment now :p

Muse, Switchfoot, Goo Goo Dolls, Frou Frou, Savage Garden, UVERworld, Malice Mizer, Aural Vampire, D'espairs Ray, L'Arc-en-Ciel~, HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, XJapan ect.ect.

It apears some people have named japanese bands also.Therefore my two definate favourates are X Japan and L'arc en Ciel,though i am fond of Malice Mizer and Gackt also :)

oh i should of said The Misfits earlier as well hehe amazing band :p Less Than Jake are a laugh too.God,i shouldnt of posted again as there is so many bandsi could mention XD

David Bowie, but as this is a 'band' thing, I suppose I'll have to whack a 'the Spiders from Mars' on the end, because that was my favourite Bowie era :)

kupoartist said:
David Bowie, but as this is a 'band' thing, I suppose I'll have to whack a 'the Spiders from Mars' on the end, because that was my favourite Bowie era :)
Generic!

Yeah the Spiders era was good but he made so much more awesome music before and after that. Black Tie White Noise, Young Americans and Outside are forgotten classics.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Black Tie White Noise, Young Americans and Outside are forgotten classics.
Agree on Young Americans (i'm listening right now) but... well, I'd hardly call it 'forgotten', even if there is more yapping about the Ziggy Stardust / Berlin eras. The 90s albums have yet to bend my ear towards them. I've been warned off them from most quarters :p Only two tracks i've heard of them are 'Jump they Say' (Meh) and 'Hallo Spaceboy' (Cheesetasmic).

Besides, I could have said 'Tin Machine', and there would have been a right ruckus.

You probably heard the Pet Shop Boys remix of Hallo Spaceboy, which was the version released as a single. The album is very different to it and the live version is very different to that (they are both a lot darker). Bowie expressed his distaste for the PSB remix of the song because he didn't like how they added Space Oddity lyrics in with it.

Hallo Spaceboy [live]

I never got why people didn't like Tin Machine. They had some pretty awesome tracks. Especially on Tin Machine II. In fact here's a fantastic Earthing era version of 'I Can't Read' originally on the first Tin Machine album.

I Can't Read [1997]

Oh and just to throw it in, here's my favourite song off of Oustside performed live. Gives me chills everytime.

Voyeur Of Utter Destruction

And also the oustanding video for 'Hearts Filthy Lesson' which is also on Outside and was also used in the ending credits for the movie Se7en.

Hearts Filthy Lesson

That'll do for now :p

Back