Fall 2010 season airing list

The chartfag version is now up if anyone's interested, but it doesn't add much beyond a few vague airing dates and the fact that Kuragehime is this season's noitaminA show, so it now has my full attention.

Apparently the Shaft maid show is being directed by Shinbo, so I'll probably have a look at that too.

Will sell soul to watch:

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Will sell several internal organs to watch:

To Aru Majutsu no Index II
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OVA
Koe de Oshigoto OVA

Also really looking forward to:

SoreMachi
Togainu no Chi
Otome Youkai Zakuro
Star Driver
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Fortune Arterial
Bakuman
Kuragehime
To-Love-ru
MM!
Arakawa 2
Hakuouki 2
Yosuga no Sora
Milky Holmes
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

Another very exciting season, as pretty much always.

ilmaestro, I almost grudgingly admire your enthusiam in a season that looks almost completely barren of anything exciting for me. That said, it's difficult to tell from a brief synopsis what's going to be good, so will see what the ANN preview guide and everyone here thinks before diving in.

I'll be more enthused about Star Driver if it turns out it's not just a "variation on a mecha theme" from Bones.

The problem I always find with the ANN guide is that they tend to go on the first episode alone. It's fair enough if you just want an immediate reaction, but I wouldn't put too much faith in it.

The following have my attention, mainly the ones in bold though

Soredemo Machi Wa Mawatteiru
Hyakka ryoran Samurai Girls
Otome Youkai Zakuro

Yosuga No Sora
MM!
Fortune Arterial

stuart-says-yes said:
Jayme said:
Ammish said:
Paradox295 said:
haha, 'Even Moar Pokemon!'

And no Ash Ketchum in sight!

No anime I'm looking forward to, weirdly enough.
What? He's in it. I realise this is an oldish comment but he's obviously in it.

It looks like they've written brock out again _-_ , he's the only decent character too.

Yeah Brock's gone again which is a shame, he always added an extra something to the series.

sic vita est said:
ilmaestro, I almost grudgingly admire your enthusiam
Haha, thank you... I think. ^^;

There are plenty of things in my life I could be negative about, so I never try to be that way with anime. I guess this sometimes overflows into being too positive, but hey, I'd much rather be that way.

Professor Irony said:
The problem I always find with the ANN guide is that they tend to go on the first episode alone. It's fair enough if you just want an immediate reaction, but I wouldn't put too much faith in it.
I tend to find the ANN guide has enough reviewers doing it that it works fairly well, plus it gives me a better idea of the taste of their reviewers. Hell, it's worth reading just for Zac reviewing stuff he hates (see: Kissxsis review).

ilmaestro, don't worry, that's not a negative comment from me! I tend to go for a cynically selective attitude towards anime, largely because I don't have much time to watch it, so other people's positivity is refreshing.

Pokémon Best Wishes and Motte To Love Ru are the only ones that jump out to me atm.

When will Shakugan no Shana III air? T_T

I'm kind of interested in the World Only God Knows, but not yet sure what I'm letting myself in for. The premise sounds like it has potential to be a fun train wreck, but the cute, moe-esque aesthetic has me a little bit cautious.

Going by the Star Driver trailer posted yesterday ( http://www.star-driver.net/trailer/index.html ), it looks like Bones are having a go at something like Code Geass; that's the one I'm really holding out some hope for.

Also, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt will hopefully be every bit as crazy as the title suggests. I mean, Gainax and the Gurren Lagann director?! It's got to be good, right?

Paul said:
I'm kind of interested in the World Only God Knows, but not yet sure what I'm letting myself in for. The premise sounds like it has potential to be a fun train wreck, but the cute, moe-esque aesthetic has me a little bit cautious.

The manga has certainly been far more entertaining than the moe-style art would have you believe, but the more I defend TWGOK, the more I'm starting to worry it might not transfer well to the screen.

I think its success may well hinge on how long they spend on each girl Keima has to 'capture'. Anything more than a couple of episodes and they could run the risk of making it look like a serious gal-game adaptation instead of a send up.

Edit-edit: Yeah. It was a long day.

Paul said:
Going by the Star Driver trailer posted yesterday ( http://www.star-driver.net/trailer/index.html ), it looks like Bones are having a go at something like Code Geass [...]

The trailer was just... wow. Looks like they're going for a healthy dose of ludicrous. Please tell me I'm not the only person who had a good chuckle after about one minute in with the "blonde streak" transformation? Oh, and the character sheets for Kanako... bondage pirate theme?

That said, I don't have much mecha under my belt so don't know how comparatively silly this is, and like Jayme I'll be giving this a fair chance.

Back