Expo Licenses & News

I wish I could have been there, had my notepad all ready too. Admitedly last night I came down with something which is either hayfever or the con version of Fresher's Flu.

So should we take it there's some UK plan for Gundam or is this just Sunrise wanting to keep their prize pony?

No benefit to Bandai unless they're scared sh*tless of reverse importation and would rather do without 90% of the overseas business in order to make sure their Japanese market is paying full price...

Half of Zeta Gundam on DVD costs $300 in Japan, and less than $30 in the US.

Dannielle said:
MVM:
Rosario & Vampire - September release
October: Rosario & Vampire Season 2.
November will see Mayo Chiki released.
I'll be picking up all these, surprised Manga didn't get R&V.

Dannielle said:
Bodacious Space Pirates licensed by MVM for release next year.
Might pick it up, nice to see a quick pickup from MVM.

Dannielle said:
Dream Eater Merry coming from MVM next year too.
Merry is meh, might pick it up.

Great to see MVM have a plan with Blu-rays and Shana too. <3

Dannielle said:
Bleach Season 9 - new-look releases in conjunction with Kaze UK
New box art covers? No...

Dannielle said:
In reply to me on Twitter: "However, we have #Gintama movie scheduled for Dec
Does the movie rely on the TV series being watched before hand? It seems a somewhat odd release if so.

Also no news on Anime On Demand - I wonder how many subscribers they currently have? I can't see it being that many. It seems like nobody but Andrew is taking things seriously, hopefully whatever is going on - is actually 'big' and not a disappointing waste of time.

Lawrence said:
Well, if you think the original Mobile Suit Gundam is still selling enough to warrant such measures, I guess.

If Bandai still have the licenses though, surely that means they're just holding it from being taken by someone else, in the same way their previous licenses now have the potential to be.
I'm not sure I understand that second sentence. Bandai keeping the licence means... Bandai keeping the license?

Any imagined future for Gundam is all pure speculation on my part of course, but it does seem to hold its value in Japan more so than most things. Bandai wouldn't even include Japanese audio on the first multi-disc US release of MSG, such were their reverse import fears. And I have seen the odd gleeful unboxing picture of a US Gundam set on Japanese blogs. I'd be importing too if I could get something for 1/10 of the local price.

MVM ave certainly become my favourite UK outlet of Anime now...Bodacious Space Pirates a master stroke! Bit disappointed that there was not much news regarding new licenses from Kaze

mangaman74 said:
Joshawott said:
Strike Witches Season 2 BD is still listed as 4th September

Also what...Japan getting an English dub before America? xD. That's weird!

Planetaxel often don't update release dates unless someone tells them (for instance they only changed the release date for Bakuman Season 1 Part 1 when I sent them an email with details of the new date).
Fair enough. Might as well pick up Manga's DVDs then, then double dip for the BDs if I feel the show is worth it.

is this all of them thats coming out in the uk

Risen Maiden Overture
Rosario & Vampire Season 2.
Rosario & Vampire
Dream Eater Merry
Bodacious Space Pirates
Mayo Chiki
Madoka Magica
Shana season 2
Strike Witches Season 2
Panty & Stocking
Spice & Wolf Season 2.
Sengoku Basara Season 2
Gintama movie
The World God Only Knows.
Berserk Movies
Moretsu Pirates
Tiger & Bunny movie 1

am i missing any

just making sure cause i dont want to get US dvds if theres going to be a uk release

animefreak17 said:
is this all of them thats coming out in the uk

Risen Maiden Overture
Rosario & Vampire Season 2.
Rosario & Vampire
Dream Eater Merry
Bodacious Space Pirates
Mayo Chiki
Madoka Magica
Shana season 2
Strike Witches Season 2
Panty & Stocking
Spice & Wolf Season 2.
Sengoku Basara Season 2
Gintama movie
The World God Only Knows.
Berserk Movies
Moretsu Pirates
Tiger & Bunny movie 1

am i missing any

Tiger & Bunny movie 1 hasn't been licensed for a release here; it's just being shown in London and Scotland .

Also, a lot of those titles were announced previously, just had release dates given. Only new stuff is Bodacious Space Pirates, Sengoku Basara 2, Strike Witches 2, TWGOK 2 and the MVM stuff other than Mayo Chiki.

Lawrence said:
reborn said:
Dannielle said:
MVM:
I'll be picking up all these, surprised Manga didn't get R&V.

My young friend, while RV may be animated by Gonzo, is what you might call, a black mark on another wise flawless back catalogue of series, not that Rosario & Vampire was good to begin with, in fact it goes somewhere from "mildly amusing shonen horror comedy" to "forced drama rom-com" pretty quickly. Naturally being the "only" human, everybody lusts after Tsukune too.
I'm somewhat confused, are you saying that Manga didn't get it due to Gonzo or some other reason? I don't follow who animates what so had no clue Gonzo were involved.

Also from ANN, can't recall seeing this said in the topic yet:
The feature film Tales of Vesperia ~The First Strike~ will be released in December.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... t-mcm-expo

MVM:
Bodacious Space Pirates licensed by MVM for release next year.
Dream Eater Merry and Risen Maiden Overture (I think they must mean Rozen Maiden)
coming from MVM next year too.
MVM are looking to license the rest of Shana (season three and OVAs). Have Season 2.

rings.png

@reborn - I think he's saying that while Gonzo generally make good shows, R+V was not what he'd consider a good show.

Ahh no one mentioned Trigun: Badlands Rumble, been waiting a while for that one, gonna be getting that when it comes out in October!

It's Definitley very interesting that Broken Blade Blu-ray has actually had more presales over the DVD and this is also on places like Amazon too!, I think that's a good thing?!

VoxPhantom said:
So Kaze"s panel was just 45 minutes of chat about Berserk? Disappointing.

Well to be fair it was originally billed as a Berserk panel so I had no idea what people expected. Planned to talk more on Kaze stuff when I realised Michael was ill - but as he came along I felt it'd be rude *not* to keep discussing.

Apologies to all, will do a different style one next time ;)!

Andrew

I just realised that Japan had a blu-ray boxset of Shakugan no Shana season 1 and 2 released back in September.

I certainly hope FUNimation/MVM manage to get Shana on blu-ray. I'd love a season 1 blu-ray release, but I won't hold my breath for that one though xD.

kaze_andrew said:
VoxPhantom said:
So Kaze"s panel was just 45 minutes of chat about Berserk? Disappointing.

Well to be fair it was originally billed as a Berserk panel so I had no idea what people expected. Planned to talk more on Kaze stuff when I realised Michael was ill - but as he came along I felt it'd be rude *not* to keep discussing.

Apologies to all, will do a different style one next time ;)!

Andrew
It was more that the ukanime twitter was reporting it as a special Kaze panel, and heavily implied that you'd be talking about other stuff. More of a miscommunication that got my hopes up than anything else!

Nevertheless, other than the Tiger & Bunny stuff and Berserk, Kaze seemed to be very quiet in terms of announcements this time round...

Joshawott said:
I just realised that Japan had a blu-ray boxset of Shakugan no Shana season 1 and 2 released back in September.

I certainly hope FUNimation/MVM manage to get Shana on blu-ray. I'd love a season 1 blu-ray release, but I won't hold my breath for that one though xD.
By most accounts the Shana BDs for s1 and s2 were pretty badly done upscales. :?

Shana S2 is a major Plus . I will be buying that one when it's completely out. I've read some pretty bad reviews about Season 3 and final, basically calling it a copped out bag of gobshyte.

Back