Expo Licenses & News

Just Passing Through said:
Titan said:
The fly in that ointment is that they didn't release a Blu of Season 1.

31st July, Assuming there's no more delays.

I meant Madman Entertainment, but interesting to hear that the US release is only happening now. I was sure that it was initially released on BD when the DVDs came out.

If Funamation author their blu-ray discs regions A & B then Madman will usually import the Funi blu-rays, slap the aussie age certificate and company logos on them, and release it a couple of months after Funi’s release.
Or something along those lines.

Titan said:
Titan said:
The fly in that ointment is that they didn't release a Blu of Season 1.

31st July, Assuming there's no more delays.

I meant Madman Entertainment, but interesting to hear that the US release is only happening now. I was sure that it was initially released on BD when the DVDs came out.

If Funamation author their blu-ray discs regions A & B then Madman will usually import the Funi blu-rays, slap the aussie age certificate and company logos on them, and release it a couple of months after Funi’s release.
Or something along those lines.
Shame the BBFC won't let companies do that here...

MANGA/KAZE:

Q&A time. Black Rock Shooter is tough to license as it's designed to sell figures, which UK distributors don't do!
I don't really understand this (and no, my small army of BRS figures is not influencing my following opinion at all >_>) - do you mean that the Japanese end is asking for unrealistic license fees, since they expect you to be able to make money off merchandise?

Because if you just mean in terms of the show content, it is hardly comparable to the Transformers cartoons and such, where the actual creative direction of the series was geared towards selling toys. They just made an excellent emotional drama series, using BRS characters and related settings. I already had several BRS figures ordered before the anime even aired!

Berserk Movies - Kaze UK will start releasing these films from December 31st. First movie will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray, working towards a Collectors Edition as well.
Are you SRS? Because this is top tier news even in comparison to some of the other impressive announcements I have caught up on today.

For people talking about Anime on Demand they won't have anything to announce for a few weeks yet, so stay tuned for big news in the future!

From UK Anime Twitter
erk. Even I'm getting to the point where I'm expecting to be offered a free season or so on the end of my current subscription, given CR's immense effort this season, the lack of AoD has perversely been felt even harder by comparison.

kaze_andrew said:
VoxPhantom said:
So Kaze"s panel was just 45 minutes of chat about Berserk? Disappointing.

Well to be fair it was originally billed as a Berserk panel so I had no idea what people expected.
:lol: I guess sometimes you just can't win.

ayase said:
What were some of your reasons for choosing DVD over BD if you don't mind me asking Rui?
Oh my days, the rogue seiyuu-related extras that I imagine Rui tearing her hair out over potentially missing. :lol:

Back