Mangaranga said:
The new Pokemon game(s) looks awful
Wut?
Wut?
Wut?
Wut?
Wut?
Wut?

Over 650+ Pokémon, on a handheld console. It's a miracle they're still not using sprites. XY look fantastic.

EDIT: Okay, the round-table has just confirmed that all 7 global language tracks are on each cartridge. Even more impressive.

In the early hours of this morning, there was a Pokémon XY Developer Round-table with Junichi Masuda (Director of GameFreak) and Tsunekazu Ishihara (President of the Pokémon Company. Here are the details.

ilmaestro said:
Do they explain exactly why Fae are strong against Dragons?
"Fairy" does not just mean characters like Tinkerbell. In mythology, fairies range from all kinds of mythological creatures. GameFreak made the Fairy-type specifically because they saw a need to give the Dragon-type a bit of a nerfing (because it is overpowered - only weak to itself and ice and well...the ice-type has too many weaknesses to make it useful).

In the wise old worlds of Uncle:

Also, how does Bug beat Dark? This is a game series where giant, fire-breathing dragons are trapped in balls by 10 year old kids. Stuff doesn't have to make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
For balance, my opinion is that this new type ought to be weak to poison and fighting at least. Steel needs a nerf too, so it should be strong versus steel.

Mutsumi said:
For balance, my opinion is that this new type ought to be weak to poison and fighting at least. Steel needs a nerf too, so it should be strong versus steel.
Personally, I think the main other type that needs nerfing is Water. You are right that Poison needs to be made stronger.

What is worth noting is, before the type was revealed, the Japanese variety show had a segment where Shoko Nakagawa was dressed up as a Sylveon and they were trying to use type effectiveness to find out what type it was. When they deduced that it wasn't a Fighting-type, yet it was strong against Ice, they thought that it might be Steel-type. To test that, they exposed Shoko-Sylveon to something smelly (to symbolise poison) and it was described as being effective, or possibly super-effective.

Also, Poison should be super-effective to water.

I actually liked Nintendos E3 bit i have to say. They didn't have to do anything spectacular, because when you get down to it, they are giving us more of these kinds of things regularly. Mario 3D world looks fun, Wind Waker HD is pretty snazzy, Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 01 are games i'll be getting when i buy the system, and we got smash bros, Project X and some other tid bits shown off. Also it annoys me noone seems to realise they showed off a good load of support for indies here as well. Not the same level as Sony admittedly, but the fact that it's there is the main thing.

What could have helped them was actually bringing the WiiU Zelda to the show. They said it was considered and almost brought with them, but instead decided to leave it for the time being to give them more time to work on it. And maybe a bit more of a 3DS direct as well, but i'll wait for now. Where was Fire Emblem x SMT though D:

Also, Don Mattrick speaks out. Can't connect for xbox one? no worries! just get an xbox 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joshawott said:
ilmaestro said:
"Fairy" does not just mean characters like Tinkerbell. In mythology, fairies range from all kinds of mythological creatures.
Heh, I'm pretty well read thanks, but amongst the many characteristics a lot of them share in various mythologies, "strong against Dragons" is not one that comes immediately to mind.

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
ilmaestro said:
"Fairy" does not just mean characters like Tinkerbell. In mythology, fairies range from all kinds of mythological creatures.
Heh, I'm pretty well read thanks, but amongst the many characteristics a lot of them share in various mythologies, "strong against Dragons" is not one that comes immediately to mind.
There's a famous quote from GK Chesterton that says:
"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."
It could be a reference to that?
Also, when speaking to a friend about it, she told me that in a lot of Fairy Tales, Fairy magic is used to defeat dragons (such as in Disney's Sleeping Beauty).

Well, I think that line specifically is more than a little metaphorical - Sleeping Beauty is a good example though, I wasn't thinking of the more indirect "good vs. evil" theme that can come up in situations like that and be represented by Fae vs. Dragons.

I really love the Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag trailer.

Might even want to play this one.

Really love that they used Sigur Ros for the music in it. So many people need to know about them. They're brilliant!

What other trailers shown at E3 are worth a watch?

General: I like the look of The Last Of Us. Is this a multiplayer game? Thinking of getting it my little brother so that he and I can play it together thus spending more time together.

The more I see for Pokemon X and Y, the more amazed I become. Sky Battles, Horde Encounters and the new Fairy-type...wow wow wow!! This is the most excited I've been for a Pokemon game in ages. Though I was excited for the others, it wasn't like this!

I'm just glad to finally know what type Sylveon is. It's been a guessing game for a while now.

I hear that Microsoft have been sending employees to the Wii U demos at Best Buy stores in the states to try and persuade people to pre-order the XBox One.

Joshawott said:
I hear that Microsoft have been sending employees to the Wii U demos at Best Buy stores in the states to try and persuade people to pre-order the XBox One.

If that's serious, they really are in a dire straits. Mind you saying that, saying that the console will not only be out in 21 countries, but only 21 states in the US as well does kind of put things into perspective for you. Also i heard that the US military called the Xbone useless.

Lmao, sounds about right :p

In a recession filled world, why did Xbox think it would be smart to release a console like this? Rewind to 2007-2008 time and yeah, I'm sure they'd have no trouble. I mean even my workplace was more generous with bonuses and work/department events etc lol.

On the Xbox facebook page they posted a photo of the console and that photo's been shared around a fair bit. Why? Because the comments on it are priceless! :D lol.

Back