E3 2011 official thread

I thought that bird graphic thing sucked. It didn't look anywhere near as a running game like Uncharted, and although I guess that's to be expected, my phone can look better than that. The textures just look painted on. It's probably better than the Wii though, so Wii 1.5 or something.

Bad move for them just to show off the controller without any specifics though. Concept art at least should have been shown if they didn't want to have a photo of the console that they have on show elsewhere!

Raccoon City impressed me. Not in a "HOLY **** THIS IS AWESOME" way, but in a "this could be fun" way. I was expecting a pretty bog-standard shooter....which it kind of is, but the environment it's presented in is so frenetic and fast-moving it looks like a lot of fun.

Sure it's more actiony but it's a different take on RE (plus it's not even part of the main series and judging by the fact you can kill Leon (it's not a spoiler it was in the first proper trailer) looks more like a "what-if"/re-interpretation).

Jaymii said:
I thought that bird graphic thing sucked. It didn't look anywhere near as a running game like Uncharted, and although I guess that's to be expected, my phone can look better than that. The textures just look painted on. It's probably better than the Wii though, so Wii 1.5 or something.

Bad move for them just to show off the controller without any specifics though. Concept art at least should have been shown if they didn't want to have a photo of the console that they have on show elsewhere!

You've missed the point entirely.

As Reggie said on the Gametrailers interview afterwards, its just a box, official pictures have been released and it really is just a Wii in appearance, the new stuff, the stuff that matters is the controller, much as it was with the Wii.

As for the Wii 1.5 comment, specs suggest it has the potential to be alot better than the PS3 from what I understand reading through this thread on NeoGAF

In reality, Wii U isn't even going to be on store shelves until next Autumn/Winter. Nintendo have said their fiscal 2012, but it would be suicide to launch a home console at any other time of year really. That gives them a chance to do TGS and talk more about it there, at which point the actual design/specs should be pretty much finalised, lets not forget the DS announcement and indeed there were some minor changes to the Wii before it was released. Then E3 2012 is when they show off games properly. This was purely an announcement to make sure their shareholders know that they have a plan in place already to replace the Wii now that consoles sales have begun to decline.

It's not important, but confusion (which Twitter was full off) was not want you want initial impressions of your conference to be. The fact just an image, unimportant as it may be, wasn't there impacted it a lot.

The Wii 1.5 thing was referring to that the fact that once Microsoft and Sony are announcing there new gen (around 2014, I figure), this thing will be well and truly behind in capabilities already. If Nintendo can sustain doing five year runs then more power to them, but it's always going to be tough to compete with consoles that burn themselves into an entire decade.

Gotta say I thought the controller might be compatible with the Wii and somehow act as the main console. Calling it Wii U only added to the confusion, made it seem like an upgrade instead of a new console outright. Also it's still a dumb name. Makes you sound like that girl from Kung Pow everytime you say it.

I said it before and I'll say it again -- Wii Vita would have been sick. I also think you can use the Wiimote to do stuff, because they had it in a couple of pictures with the Utroller. Having the "We" part of it there is just bizarre. The Wii emphasised community, and the "you" part of this seems to focus on the individual... so why Wii?

Re: shareholders, Nintendo's stock has dropped. lol.

Slowly catching up.

MS conference was some truly epic levels of ******** outside of the Halo fanboy relief at the end (which I unashamedly enjoyed).

Sony conference has been p.good so far, just about to get to the PSVITA reveal so am waiting until I have popcorn and a drink to see the Future Of Gaming or something.

Bioshock Infinite looks *nuts*.

Tomb Raider looks good, but has the worst voice acting I've seen since... maybe ever.

I actually didn't finish it in English, maybe that was the reason. :lol:

But still, I would seriously ask you "did you see the new TR trailer?", it really is that bad imo.

--

Watched the Sony conference...

$249.99

What can I say? Except "sold".

Okay, just caught up and so far I got to say the Wii U looks quite intresting but I'll remain skeptical to how much they can run with it. It's all good having third party developers from the start it's making sure they remain for the ride and not abandon ship after the first year.

Also the news about ZOE HD makes me wonder if we'll soon see/hear something about ZOE 3...Come on Kojima you know you want to make it.

Well considering Kojima's porting metal gear peace walker from psp to ps3, rather than making and releasing another metal gear on the PS3 (considering that peace walker was made specifically for the PSP, button config wise and all) It's a possibility that they may restart work on a ZOE game.

You may just have to keep your fingers crossed black.

The Wii U was the only interesting thing announced at E3 (finally, a console that can play both Nintendo titles and the latest multi-platform releases).

Aside from that, just sequels and franchises which wasn't so exciting. Bioshock Infinite and Arkham City are the other interesting titles. I'll get the latest Halo games just to say I was there at the very beginning and the very end.

RivaOni said:
Never played Final Fantasy X then? :p ;)

The voice acting in FF10 was fine; all the voices suited the characters, and no lines were badly delivered. No Oscar winning performances, mind, but by no means bad.

-Tachi- said:
Well considering Kojima's porting metal gear peace walker from psp to ps3, rather than making and releasing another metal gear on the PS3 (considering that peace walker was made specifically for the PSP, button config wise and all) It's a possibility that they may restart work on a ZOE game.

He's working on a new IP at the moment with his new "Fox" Engine. So i dunno. As much as i'd like to see ZOE, i doubt we will for a while. Kojima does do more than just two game series ;p That's kinda what this new IP is meant to show.

Arbalest said:
-Tachi- said:

He's working on a new IP at the moment with his new "Fox" Engine. So i dunno. As much as i'd like to see ZOE, i doubt we will for a while. Kojima does do more than just two game series ;p That's kinda what this new IP is meant to show.

Isn't he releasing a ZOE HD Collection though? =/

One advantage of the Wii U is it may eliminate HUD (heads-up display) from the TV screen and instead put that information on controller pad screen instead. So hopefully giving us a more Immersive experience.

Mutsumi said:
RivaOni said:
Never played Final Fantasy X then? :p ;)

The voice acting in FF10 was fine; all the voices suited the characters, and no lines were badly delivered. No Oscar winning performances, mind, but by no means bad.

No, you're right, the acting itself wasn't too bad, but they were irritating, Wakka, Tidus and Rikku specifically.

And yes, I did see the Tomb Raider trailer and it was orgasmical.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Arbalest said:
-Tachi- said:

Isn't he releasing a ZOE HD Collection though? =/

Yeah, i was meaning next to both HD collections, he's working on a new game as well. He mentioned it during the Konami pre-E3 video but never mentioned any specifics.

EDIT: The PS Vita is NOT Region locked. Commence importing.

Back