Dubs vs Subs

unellmay said:
so your 10 or 11 then
I have to say, it will be a sad day the day that the Pokémon franchise comes to a conclusion. The anime is clouded with nostalgia for me, and I even occasionally laugh at the odd recent episode (due to actual hilarity. Not badness)

So, yeah, I like Pokémon still. I'm sure others do, too.

Jayme said:
unellmay said:
so your 10 or 11 then
I have to say, it will be a sad day the day that the Pokémon franchise comes to a conclusion. The anime is clouded with nostalgia for me, and I even occasionally laugh at the odd recent episode (due to actual hilarity. Not badness)

Tsk unlike you my brain isn't clouded by feelings of nostalgia from when I was 8 or 9 and can see the fact that it may in fact be the worst anime ever
AND END!!!???

I really doubt that gonna happen even for at least 10 more years
they've been recycling the same plot for years now and I'm sure they can continue to

Jayme said:
unellmay said:
so your 10 or 11 then

come to a conclusion!? thats like saying a there be a year without war or conflict

I like Pokemon too, and I'm way too old for it to be nostalgia. I'd buy subbed sets if they were out until I ran out of money/patience.

Since it's a silly show the silly dub didn't bug me that much and some characters sounded spot on when I was boredly channel hopping in my youth. The localisation changes did bug me. I don't know what TV studios have against people seeing tidbits from other cultures in their cartoons.

R

Some of Pokemon's early episodes were genuinely hilarious--there are things that I would laugh at now that I simply didn't get, back then.

Having seen a number of the early Japanese episodes, I'd actually say that I think the English dub was the superior version for the first 25 episodes, or so.

unellmay said:
Tsk unlike you my brain isn't clouded by feelings of nostalgia from when I was 8 or 9 and can see the fact that it may in fact be the worst anime ever

Shh you. Gb2 watching your oh-so complex and adult Naruto.

I was 20 when I've first saw pokemon and I still think that the first one or two series were great.

I've never seen an entire eps with the english dub, just bits and pieces here and there, so can't comment on the quality of it, bar that I've seen clips of the person who played Meowth and it was really good.

unellmay said:
chaos said:
I was 20 when I've first saw Digimon and I still think that the first one or two series were great.

Fixed

I've never seen a whole episode of Digimon. The one time I though about watching one it had poo jokes.

Also, if you don't like Pokemon, it's your problem. I know I do.

Actually, speaking of Digimon. I watched that before the Pokemon anime and I highly preferred Digimon. Though Pokemon Kanto and Digimon Adventure were equal imo.

Digimon sucked with Season 2 imo. Even though the main cast took a minor role ['cept Kari and TK], the new three main characters were boring and lacksture. Davis is just a more obnoxious version of Tai and his crush on Kari was beyond annoying for me.

I'm glad it died when it got further. But the plot became so lacking and more of a snooze-fest that I just want to switch my brain off.

Digimon Tamers was definitely a step in the right direction and is my personal favourite Digimon series. The characters were much better than Adventure02, considering that one of the writers, Chikai J.Konoka, did Serial Experiments Lain =O Despite some moments that just were a waste, I loved how it didn't shy away from death. Even Digimon dies and never come back [as where in Ad01-2, they turn to eggs at their death].

Digimon Frontier just sucked. The less we say about it, the better.

Savers/Data Squad was definitely another step in the right direction. And best of all, the characters are much older and mature =0. Haven't completed it, but I loved the new change. Plus Agumon came back!

Yes, I'm a huge Digimon Fan when it comes to the Anime. And I would love to have a new Digimon series =]

PS: Haha, my off-topic post.

unellmay said:
I hope you didn't Just say that the slayers dub is good
Yes I did. You can moan and bitch at me all you want, but you won't change the fact that it's a good dub. I suggest you watch some good dubs and give the self-righteous routine a rest. Your constant belittling of others and their comments is just making you look bad and makes people never take your opinion on board.

I also find your crusade against dubs to be very unfair to those who put a lot of effort into producing them and those who appreciate dubs. The VAs put a lot of effort in and don't get paid very well. If you don't like them, fine. You don't have to buy them. However, instead of bitching and crying, just don't buy their products. No-one is forcing you to listen to them or buy them.

Back