Don't go to pieces! Land of the Lustrous simulwatch (completed)

So what you're saying is that everyone is farked, apart from diamond, the master and probably two others, if they did that to a 8 mohs stone
Possibly! 😆
We'll have to wait and see, I guess. Look at episode 1, though: the Lunarians never showed any interest in Cinnabar but showed up as soon as Phos put in an appearance, so it's partly about "desirability" as well. From Wikipedia:

Phosphophyllite is a rare mineral composed of hydrated zinc phosphate. Its name derives from its chemical composition (phosphate) and the Greek word for "leaf", phyllon, a reference to its cleavage. It is highly prized by collectors for its rarity and for its delicate bluish green colour. Phosphophyllite is rarely cut because it is fragile and brittle, and large crystals are too valuable to be broken up.

It's super early on but I am going to go on and say that the master feels like kind of off to me
Well, my girlfriend agrees with you there dude. "I know he was 'napping', but how could he not notice the recent attack?" she says. "I want to be wrong about this, though".

So there you go. 😯👍
Plot thickens.

Finally had time to watch it after work!

So just some short thought to sum it up for me.

I'm not the biggest CGI fan like most people on here but I think that the art style and direction really made this one work really well, for example when Cinnabar fights with the "Buddha guy".

I also like the fact that the inhabitants in this world are really unique, and not just the usual stuff we get most of the time. It could indeed lead to some really cool world building and interesting development of these characters. I have a feeling that Cinnabar will be my favorite since I kinda like that kind of dark and gloomy characters, especially when they may get a glimpse of the good life which makes them strive to become a better/happier person.

Can't say much more than that since you have already said most stuff 😂

It's super early on but I am going to go on and say that the master feels like kind of off to me, the constant attacks they face may well be caused by the master and the splintering off from the luminariums. I think it shows him being the protector, but I suspect he is the reason for the attacks somehow.
Are you implying that that wizard came from the moon? 🤣

Repeat after us, Cinnabar:

"Who the hell do you think I am?"

Preferably frowning, with arms crossed, Kamina-style.
Yaaaaaas. Hoping Cinnabar will have built the confidence needed for that by the end of the series!

Argh, I'm due for a re-watch of Lagann but my backlog is immense as is....

There's also this excellent side-by-side comparison showing the above promo along with the equivalent scenes from the finished show:
Very handy, thanks dude. Makes the CGI look really vivid and like the obvious choice, as WMD also said. But maybe they made it look that way to promote the CGI, as I suspect Shinkai would make that 2D more vivid!

Yeah, he's so good! He's a real thespian in the way he delivers his lines and bring a pleasing dramatic weight to his characters. Absolutely one of my favourite VAs.
He is fantastic and I normally can tell the same VA (a certain murderous clown came to mind when I was watching hello world for instance heh) but watching Gankatsuou I didn't at all put two and two together that it's the same guy as Alucard, just the effortless coolness. You have to be a good actor when your versatile enough to not just play yourself every time.

Argh, I'm due for a re-watch of Lagann but my backlog is immense as is...
Ooooh next simulwatch?! Has it been simulwatched already??

Oh yeah, we're all watching this with the Spanish dub right? Because as soon as I saw that, I knew it was the superior option!

(I'm guessing it's tied to the licence but it having a Spanish dub still got a smirk out of me)

"apúrate pues Phos! Tenemos que nos largar de ahí!"

Oh yeah, we're all watching this with the Spanish dub right? Because as soon as I saw that, I knew it was the superior option!

(I'm guessing it's tied to the licence but it having a Spanish dub still got a smirk out of me)

"apúrate pues Phos! Tenemos que nos largar de ahí!"
Heheh that does sound intriguing and I'd try if I could speak Spanish!

So what you're saying is that everyone is farked, apart from diamond, the master and probably two others, if they did that to a 8 mohs stone 🤷‍♂️ rip everyone on this series
Actually iirc it's possible to break diamond with something like that if you weaken it first like if you super heat the diamond or something. I'm no expert though so I'm iffy on this. I just picked up a few things from watching a lot of smithing youtube channels because I was fascinated seeing them build famous movie weapons.

Heheh that does sound intriguing and I'd try if I could speak Spanish!

I'm totally joking, I'm annoyingly pseudo-purist when it comes to dubs and the like ahah

But it's out of left field for sure, for a UK blu ray!

Actually iirc it's possible to break diamond with something like that if you weaken it first like if you super heat the diamond or something. I'm no expert though so I'm iffy on this. I just picked up a few things from watching a lot of smithing youtube channels because I was fascinated seeing them build famous movie weapons.

That's interesting to know and it's funny because I've been close to pressing the play button on a bunch of those videos for Guts' Dragon Slayer or Septhiroth's Masamune, but never actually did it. Maybe someday!

Last edited:
Back