Doctor Who Discussion

I was expecting it to be, though hopefully we get a trailer for the next set soon (Season 14 unless those rumours are wrong.)

GallifreyBase recently finished their yearly ranking of every DW story. The top six were as follows:
1 = Genesis of the Daleks = 164pts
2 = The Curse of Fenric = 151pts
3 = The Empty Child (2-Parter) = 150pts
4 = City of Death = 146pts
5 = Remembrance of the Daleks = 136pts
6 = The Caves of Androzani = 135pts

To commemorate the winning story I decided to give it a rewatch. It’s a strong story but I’ve never really seen it as one of the all-time greats of the classic era. Remembrance was my top pick.

Remembrance is my personal favourite Who story from the classic era. McCoy is on top form and the conversation between him and the Cafe owner is a superb yet subtle little moment. Seven’s manipulation of Davros is also pretty chilling as it reveals a much darker side to the Doctor that would continue into 26.

1577842340526.jpeg
HMV apparently have Season 14 listed for March.
Wonder if we’ll get a coming soon trailer in the next few weeks?

That or Season 3 due to how much of it is missing/not (yet) animated. Looking forward to having Season 26 on hand soon.

Yeah I watched Survival again last week as I felt like it and it’s amazing deffo one of the most under appreciated seasons 26 is. I think it’s my 3/4 favourite.

It’s McCoy and Cartmel at their best having established a firmer and darker tone with Season 25. I always feel a little sad knowing we never got a Season 27 having finally hit a new stride after several years of difficulty and divisive stories.

On the topic of Season 14 I can’t wait to watch the Philip Hinchcliffe interview, I’ve always enjoyed his insights.

I’ve been working my way through the season for a review and Battlefield is a lot of fun even if some of the effects and props look very naff-something reflected on in the commentary.

Ghost Light really is something else, a dense and layered story that could have benefitted from an extra episodes (never liked three parters). The concept of Ace facing her fears and being more developed is one the new series owes a lot to. The set is superb as well, as is the score.

On a side note, it’s nice to fill in another gap on this shelf:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Back