Doctor Who Discussion

I’m glad. Scalpers are trying to flog them for £200-£300 odd. Hopefully they include the fixed discs for The Sontaran Experiment and Revenge of the Cybermen.

I’m not so sure as they say they are limited by things by how many sets there were and for example the Highlander’s is harder due to the setting. Also people aren’t 100% on historicals and it seems first doctor as still none from him, I feel they will do Master plan as first for Hartnell but apparently the audio isn’t great and would the budget stretch for 12 eps.

Yeah with the historical stories the numerous costume changes and one off characters per episode would drive the animation cost up. It’s a reason (iirc) that The Crusade hasn’t had its two missing episodes animated.

i'm still holding hope as wasn't long ago they said they'd only animate stories with 2 episodes missing then suddenly Power of the Daleks

1572442274746.png
Some news from Gallifrey Base. Take it with a pinch of salt (I’ll be waiting for the official announcement or another HMV leak.)

Season 20 before 21... there really is no rhyme or reason to the ordering.
So yes I hope 21 is before it I mean there is loads of interviews with Davison saying 20 being meh was a big factor why he left.

I recall that Patrick Troughton also advised him to only do three years on the set of Five Doctors (which I’d be most excited to see in HD due to the film elements and it being a personal favourite of mine.)

It’s a weird season, especially for the 20th anniversary, and for me there isn’t exactly a standout asides from Five.

Yeah, I just hope whenever we do get 21 we get a new documentary on Warriors from the deep as I love the bits with Janet and Davison basically laughing as how bad it was when they filmed it.
But s20 is weak it has yeah no stand outs and for me 5 doctors is okay not amazing as it feels so Separated due to them pairing of doctors and companions till the final 5 minutes.

Warriors of the Deep has some good ideas but is executed pretty poorly due to some production choices. I love the ending though-I wish Davison got more dark material to work with (as seen with Caves of Androzani).

Kings Demons is a story I wish was longer as it’s a neat concept that isn’t given enough time to develop. All it really did was set up Kamelion who got put in a cupboard for a season-should have just used an actor like they did (iirc) in Planet of Fire so they didn’t have to use the prop.

I saw! Wonder what masters they’ll use? I’ve heard that some stories are dvd quality but others not so much. Is OFAH the uncut versions? It’s weird that years on stories like A Royal Flush and Miami Twice haven’t been released in their original formats.

Do people want the original Royal Flush though? It’s the worst episode by miles way way way worse than the final three. Miami Twice is also close to worst too.
Miami Twice is the 84 min version for part 2

I’ve never seen the original versions so it’s more out of curiosity than anything else.
Back on topic for Who, looking forward to the recons, I listened to some Hartnell stories from season 3 recently in audio form and they’re good but would like to have some visual reference where possible.

I just can't see Hartnell full recons for a while because he is way more unpopular than Troughton I feel Power of the Daleks would be the exception if the audio was in a good shape.

I recall Wheel in Space got a full recon to accompany the existing episodes 3 and 6. A shame that story is pretty dull asides from Second Doctor zapping those Cybermen and the rare time you just get him and Jamie together in episode 1.

Back