Doctor Who Discussion

Sadly the price of Big Finish means Im focusing on Paul McGann atm probably will then do Colin due to them apparently fixing a lot of hot bad development too.

Thwy should really consider a subscription based streaming option to extend their reach. Or at least a credits based system like Audible.

Having their older stuff on Spotify has been great for me. But I still find it really hard to find the change for their newer stuff.

It now like Only Katy Manning, John Levene and Yates’ actor. Are the only people left of that era. And Tom Baker from robot. That’s what hit me when watching s10 especially the new documentary it had Katy Manning (archive stuff as well) but more relied on Steven Moffat and Gatiss at least them talking about doctor who is better than some of S8 and 9

Yeah it’s very sad to reflect on that. I’m very grateful as a Who fan that the production team behind the DVDs did so many commentaries and documentaries for the DVD range, sometimes years before they saw the light of day as it’s allowed a lot of people like Terrance Dicks and Barry Letts to provide wonderful lookbacks at the series, in this case the Pertwee era.

My guess for the B&Ws is that they’ll release the existing stories alongside placeholder Blu Rays with recons/surviving clips and VAM so that if and when animations are made those discs can be swapped out. I reckon Season 2 or 6 will be released within the next two years as both have just one missing story, the former a story with two surviving episodes and the latter with one surviving episode.

Agreed, I can see them finishing the range on 13 as a high note like they did with the DVDs and Terror of the Zygons. 14 and/or 17 seems likely for 2020, possibly alongside a B&W season (2 or 6), another Pertwee (9 or 11) and an 80s season-likely Davison and 21 with 20 being saved for the anniversary year of 2023.

Back