Doctor Who Discussion

So each of the fourteen episodes has an extended version to it which should make rewatching interesting.

I expect the Season 26 set will be supplemented with the extended versions of Battlefield and Curse of Fenric.

Last edited:
Likewise. Last time payment was taken at the start of the week and they started shipping them around Thursday so fingers crossed for a Friday/Saturday arrival.

Zoom stated in their email confirming the Season 23 pre-order that they didn’t have much stock of Season 10 left, not sure about other retailers.

Diving into the set and listening to the commentary for The Three Doctors, it’s an absolute joy hearing from the late Barry Letts and Nicholas Courtney alongside Katy Manning on typical fun form.

Used my free month of Audible to download and listen to some missing episodes via audio. Currently listening to Marco Polo whilst I work.

I wonder how different the extended versions are.
And why Terror the Vervoids getting its own without Trial version its easily the worst part (99% For being super camp)

Vervoids was likely the easiest segment to remove trial sections from. For me Mysterious Planet is the weakest segment, mainly because I feel it’s a bit dull but a rewatch may change my outlook on it.

I’m very curious about the extended episodes and will likely watch those versions when I sit through the story for my review of it. I expect they’ll add a minute or so from deleted scenes and any other material available.

Doctor Who: Paradise Towers A story that’s easy to dismiss due to its cheesier aspects but one that has some clever writing and a well-realised setting to keep the narrative going. It’s also nice seeing McCoy settle further into his role and the supporting cast are clearly having fun. 4/5

I hate Paradise Towers its not as bad as Delta or Rani but god Mels sub plot in the episode the old ladies her whole swimming in the worlds worst pool its also so 80s in a bad way, I feel the Happiness Patrol does the satire much better.

It’s not a perfect story by any means and Mel is sadly the weak link in most of her stories but it’s very fun imo. The Happiness Patrol is great, I just wish it was longer than three parts (an unfortunate problem with the McCoy era.)

Mel is just awfully written it’s why I hate Vervoids she’s just there and screams and makes the doctor exercise she is very unlikable initially and then ofc never really has a starting story so she’s never introduced per se, it’s not Bonnie Langford’s fault but she was awfully awfully written.

Agreed, Mel has some decent character moments here and there but is a weak link in Doctor Who’s’ repertoire of companions. From what I’ve heard Big Finish gave Mel some welcome development and better characterisation.

Back