Doctor Who Discussion

There’s rumours of a title in between this and 26 and some have said Season 17 though they might do another Davison Season or even take a risk on Colin Baker’s Season 22 or Season 23.

I feel the whole market for these sets want all seasons anyway...
I just wish the team who did these did the new sets, how little extras are in S11 to these is a joke and higher price.

When it’s available to pre-order I’ll jump on it when I can. Would be nice to revisit this season and see Pertwee on Blu Ray for the second time (not forgetting Spearhead.)
Childhood memories of watching Jon Pertwee from behind the sofa. Not only as Doctor Who but mainly as this guy...
789.jpg

Do you think this set will be as popular as the Tom Baker ones?

Childhood memories of watching Jon Pertwee from behind the sofa. Not only as Doctor Who but mainly as this guy...

Do you think this set will be as popular as the Tom Baker ones?
I imagine releasing Season 10 as the fourth one in the Collecton range is a gauge to see how well Pertwee sets will sell. Overall I think there’s a dedicated amount of consumers who will buy all these sets and some who would pick and choose depending on the Doctor and era.

I personally fall into the former category as I’m keen to have all of Classic Who on Blu Ray. I believe there are plans to release every season eventually, even the B&W ones.

Yeah I saw, I’ll get my copy from Zoom when it’s available. Looking forward to the trailer.

I’m curious to see what the new effects for Planet of the Daleks will be. It’s one of my favourite Dalek stories and the best out of the three Pertwee ones imo.

Also, the disc art for The Green Death appears to the Doctor in his cleaning costume disguise from that story which is a nice touch.

Last edited:
Couldn’t get a lot of sleep last night so decided to watch a Pertwee story in The Daemons. It’s very charming and unique amongst the stories from season 8.

There’s also a good documentary on the DVD about producer Barry Letts who sadly passed away in 2009 (he also co-wrote the story with Robert Sloman under the pseudonym ‘Guy Leopold’).

Saw something interesting being reported on Gallifrey Base. Someone reported that at an event in birmingham today, Colin Baker confirmed that a Trial of a Time Lord Blu-ray set is on the way very soon, and that he recently recorded new extra features for it.

Ooh it would be nice as bar the Vervoids I really enjoy the Trial. It finally shows Colin Baker could be the Doctor and I love the valeyard hence why I got the big finish final adventure. (And it has Charley with the 6th doctor which I love too)

Yeah it’s a solid season, even if The Mysterious Planet is pretty dull at times. I wonder if both Season 23 and 26 will release this year or whether they’ll shift 26 to early 2020.

Back