Doctor Who Discussion

Asides from Meglos I liked it, though it’s one I need to revisit as outside of Traken and Logopolis I’ve only seen the other serials once. Honestly Adric is better here than in 19, as he’s less annoying and doesn’t have two other companions to wrestle screentime with.

Looking at the pattern they seem to be doing a Tom season every other release so I’m guessing we’ll get 10 next (a release confirmed by The Australian distributor for these sets) then 17 (apparently they’ve been filming material with actress Lalla Ward before she moves to the East) then 26 (confirmed by someone from Curse of Fenric) and maybe another Davison season or even Season 22 (if only) somewhere in there as well.

Season 22 I would buy just for caves of androzani in hd.
Also I can see why Season 10 is being done for perwee as you can just get Katy Manning for everything. Liz Shaw’s actress and Liz sladen have sadly died.

Season 22 I would buy just for caves of androzani in hd.
Also I can see why Season 10 is being done for perwee as you can just get Katy Manning for everything. Liz Shaw’s actress and Liz sladen have sadly died.
Season 22 is Colin Baker’s first season. Androzani would be 21 (which I’d also like but ideally after 20 so I can get The Five Doctors in HD.)

With the other Pertwee seasons many of serials aren’t in great condition as some were sourced from US copies, and some have had to be recoloured from black and white versions so it’s likely they’re holding off from 7-9 and 11 for now. 10 is the only season (outside of episode 3 of POTS) that has little to no video issues afaik.

Thankfully they filmed a lot of documentaries and recorded commentaries with people that have since passed away such as producer Barry Letts, and companions such as Caroline John and Liz Sladen. The team behind all these releases really are amazing.

I’d rather that be left as it’s own standalone release. Season 26 doesn’t deserve to be lumbered with that mediocrity.

I’ve already got mine pre-ordered. Zoom usually send items the weekend before their official release date too. Plus their packaging is solid.

Saw that earlier. Even with the YouTube compression the 16mm material looks nice. Hopefully Zoom dispatch my copy soon, Season 12 was shipped a few days before release last time.

Still no word as to whether Wheel will receive a full animation or not. The idea of paying for the two missing episodes I already own a la Lost in Time and four reconstruction slideshows doesn’t appeal to me that much.

Back