Doctor Who Discussion

Yeah I saw. I’d rather they delay the set and lessen the chance of any errors than rush them out. As for SEs I can’t see them happening anytime soon, though for those who couldn’t get the LEs I hope they do. It seems counterproductive not to do a standard re-release considering the efforts and costs the Restoration Team put into these sets.

Also to be the bearer of somewhat sad news the aforementioned Wheel in Space animation is only a condensed ten minute feature of the first episode. That’s it as far as we know.

Also a side note: since this thread seems to be getting a lot of Who related news would a separate thread for Who be handy?

1542231528822.jpeg
Special features for DW Season 19 Blu Ray finalised. A nice selection and again some special features have been saved for future releases.

Did it confirm the delay?
Not sure if the magazine did but yeah it seems most retailers have confirmed that it’s now releasing 10th December. Not too fussed since these are stories I’ve owned for years and I assume they’re combing over the release with a fine toothed comb to ensure no further replacement programmes are necessary.

Well that's a hole about the animation. These things could potentially be more feasible if they worked with a popular streaming service to get these done as I doubt their charter allows for their own.

It Certainly is a shame that the animation is only ten minutes, though maybe they’re guaging interest for a future release? A lot of Classic Who is available in the US via Britbox though the upcoming US release of Wheel appears to be just the Britbox recons and the two surviving episodes.

It’s arguable that they’re also struggling to make more of them because a chunk of the missing serials are historicals which demand a lot more detail animation wise (The Crusade for instance has a lot of costume changes) and they’re limited to stories such as Wheel in Space and potentially Macra Terror which take place in more confined sets. This could explain why they chose Power since it’s a lot of similar sets, few characters and the Daleks are both marketable and straightforward to duplicate.

Last edited:
Yeah Evil would be welcome, always wanted to see the final fight on Skaro animated. Seems more likely than DMP as a contender for another animated Dalek story at least.

Yeah seems a shame not to have it available. At least the DVDs are very cheap nowadays. I’ve seen a lot at around £6.99 which in some cases was way less than I paid when they released. Even these new Blu Ray sets, though very limited aren’t overpriced (scummy scalpers aside)

Very true. I recall the days when DW DVD’s were £15-£20 each but over time they’ve dropped significantly in price. I remember buying all the Key to Time Season Boxset for £25 and it had 26 episodes worth of content.

It's really why I feel TV shows, anime or otherwise should try to be kept in circulation on TV or streaming. Single movies may be affordable enough but sets are really daunting on the wallet and only really for enthusiastic fans not for those with a casual interest. Especially when you look at shows with hundreds and hundreds of episodes.

Back