Defective or Disappointing UK Anime Discs

Durarara!! x2 Ten Blu-ray.

Audio should be PCM like Sho, but it's Dolby Digital Stereo at 0.2 Mb per second around 200kbps. The DVDs for this collection have their DD 2.0 tracks at 384kbps.

It's like Siren got hit by a flying vending machine and forgot how to author discs again.

durarara11.gif

Last edited:
Finished watching Outlaw Star(Blu-ray). On disc 4 there is a very small cut in the English audio. Happens at 1:01:14, think it was episode 3.

A member on Blu-ray forum posted a sort clip. Post here.

Seems like a good excuse to wait for an Ultimate Edition with all 4 season:D Maybe in 2022.

I don't know if this counts but in some cases the Fate/stay night logo on MVM's UBW CE release is not aligned properly. It is quite random which sets are affected and which aren't but both parts show these issues and I know 3 other people who have the same issues. Should've noticed this 2 years ago :/

JeiSYR0.jpg

LUMUvyz.jpg

Sa8oGXt.jpg

Last edited:

Still, lossless dub audio and one eighth the price versus better image quality. Although it's interesting to note that it's a Madman authored disc that has altered the brightness levels. The same thing happened with Your Name.

Still, lossless dub audio and one eighth the price versus better image quality. Although it's interesting to note that it's a Madman authored disc that has altered the brightness levels. The same thing happened with Your Name.
I'd be interested in a AOA and Hanabee(MVM) comparison of UBW but I can't find one :/

Disappointing video quality on Fruits Basket BD release from MVM. Once an episode or so I've noticed some noise/artefacts in the video. An example of which I've recorded and can be viewed here (it looks worse in person than the video manages to capture :/).

This is an issue that Funimation's release also has (and where it comes from for our release), and ANN mention it a bit here. The FunimationNow videos, sadly, are also impacted.

Attack on Titan Season 2 doesn't have any subs for the OP and ED, it also doesn't have any subs for the info cards that show up in the middle of the episodes with various information. Other than that, they are good though.

Batman Ninja
  • English dub is not a proper translation of the original Japanese dialogue.
  • English subtitles are based on the English dub, therefore dubtitles.

Batman Ninja
  • English dub is not a proper translation of the original Japanese dialogue.
  • English subtitles are based on the English dub, therefore dubtitles.

I just took a look at a review copy. I don't know about the accuracy of the translation, but the translated English subtitles (separate from the HOH English subtitle track) bears little if any resemblance to the English dub. They aren't dubtitles.

I just took a look at a review copy. I don't know about the accuracy of the translation, but the translated English subtitles (separate from the HOH English subtitle track) bears little if any resemblance to the English dub. They aren't dubtitles.

there are talks of copies surfacing where the subtitles aren't dubtitles. It's possible they changed it after the review copies.

I'm not sure if this is an isolated issue or widespread, but the main menu on disc 2 of the Love Live Second Season BD (MVM) has a glitch. When I choose Japanese audio with English subtitles, the top of the love hearts (the design of the menu) goes missing and you can't select anything from the options "Play, Episodes, Extras and Setup". Thankfully, the subtitles and audio options are unlocked during playback and the pop-up menu during playback doesn't have this issue, so you have to play the show in English and change audio and subtitles during playback, either with the pop-up menu or with the subtitles and audio buttons on your remote, if you choose to watch it in Japanese.

For reference, my player is a Sony BDP-S1700. I'm not sure if other players or anyone else's copies are affected.

Last edited:
Back