Defective or Disappointing UK Anime Discs

NormanicGrav said:
Naruto Shippuden Box 21 seems to have a major issue..

[spoilerbutton]
61XYuO9SaqL.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Disc 2 is not Region 2.

Manga UK, YOU DONE F**KED IT UP.

With the recent recall, this issue has now been fixed.

Naruto Shippuden - Box 21 [DVD]

But that doesn't mean the set is defect free LOL.

There is no translation for on-screen text when listening to the English audio. This poses a major problem for this set (and potentially future sets), as there is a great deal of on-screen text in these episodes - for example much of the battle strategy, troop formations and such are discussed over maps filled with text describing the different divisions and their orders.
Source: UKAN

As far as I know Naruto never had translation of on screen text during the English dub? I've never seen any as far as I can remember.

Having only just got SAO II vol 1 I was a bit scared at all the supposed issues. But I didn't really notice any video/audio problems and thought it was pretty good all in all :)

I've read a lot of things about the character description fault which to be honest isn't really a problem.

What I haven't seen anyone mention is all the descriptions on the pages about episode 7!! Wow how did that whole section make it through the QC process?

I don't think the SAO II issues are huge ones, thankfully. I have to ask though, what's wrong with the episode 7 text?

R

Rui said:
I don't think the SAO II issues are huge ones, thankfully. I have to ask though, what's wrong with the episode 7 text?

R
The quotes under the pictures. Warning possible SPOILERS (if you can understand what's being said)

Picture: kirito being hugged by nurse.
Description : Kirito is unable to forgive himself for for-getting those he killed in ODS. While it is gnawed by guilt, Miss Aki reminded that through his struggle of lives were saved.

Picture: Sinon
Description: Otherwise Kirito and will again face in the main event of BoB. Otherwise swear vehemently not to lose. The attitude of the young genes suggests a fierce battle!

Picture: Asuna & the gang.
Description: Asuna confronts monsters in ALO with the rest of his usual group, but is unable to focus. His thoughts turned to Kirito. His moment of distraction is nearly fatal to Klein.

So yeah, a pretty entertaining read but I would say a much bigger fault than reprinting the same character description twice. A lot of it makes no sense it doesn't know what game the heroes were trapped in giving you ODS instead of SAO and changes the main heroes waifu into a man referring to Asuna as 'his' twice :D there are others in this section but I thought these 3 were the best :)

PS. "The attitude of the young genes suggests a fierce battle!" should have been on all the promo material :D :D

Jon O Fun said:
The quotes under the pictures. Warning possible SPOILERS (if you can understand what's being said)

Description : Kirito is unable to forgive himself for for-getting those he killed in ODS. While it is gnawed by guilt, Miss Aki reminded that through his struggle of lives were saved.

Description: Otherwise Kirito and will again face in the main event of BoB. Otherwise swear vehemently not to lose. The attitude of the young genes suggests a fierce battle!

Description: Asuna confronts monsters in ALO with the rest of his usual group, but is unable to focus. His thoughts turned to Kirito. His moment of distraction is nearly fatal to Klein.

Ah, a preview of the new Evangelion 3.33 subtitle script

Just Passing Through said:
Jon O Fun said:

Ah, a preview of the new Evangelion 3.33 subtitle script
That's why it was delayed! FUNi had to get permission from Google translate for using it to sub a whole film! :D

Not sure if anyone else has had a similar problem, but when I was reviewing the Danganronpa DVD for AUKN, Disc 2 had these grubby marks that I didn't spot at first, but which resulted in the DVD freezing and skipping for about four minutes (End of Ep. 11, start of Ep. 12). Luckily a quick clean and the disc was working normally. I'm guessing it was just a one-off, but I thought I should mention it in case anyone else also got dirty discs.

Madman parcel made me happy, but came with a bit of disappointment.

Following Manga's Freedom OVA Blu-ray screw-up, I took a chance on Madman's version, as Manga tend to manufacture locally, and I had hoped that they'd taken Madman's masters and stuck a Manga logo at the front, and knocked things out of kilter that way.

Alas in this instance, the Madman and Manga discs are identical down to the logos. So the Australian Blu-ray for Freedom OVA has the same sound-sync error as the UK disc :(

Titan said:
Rui said:

Has this actually been confirmed? I can't see any confirmation in the link.

I don't believe Animatsu have formally confirmed it either way, but given the runtime on the set, the complete lack of mention of the OVA in any of the marketing and the fact that it was CE-exclusive in the US when the CE isn't being released here, all signs point to no OVA. I also note that someone asked them on Facebook and the post was ignored, which points to the OVA being absent and Animatsu trying to hide the fact.

It's actually sort of odd how rare it is for confirmed specs to circulate for UK anime releases. You'd think telling buyers exactly what to expect would increase confidence and sales :s

R

Back