Death Note Movie on Film4

I watched the first Death Note film and thought it was quite bad to be honest, so I never bothered to make an effort watch the next one, so I was wondering if you'd say it's worth it or not?

If you skip to the last 20 or so minutes, it's worth it. The rest of the second movie was crap, saved only by the interaction between Light and L.

Davey_ said:
do we know if it is dubbed or subbed?

Doesn't say. I put a DVD RW in for it anyway. Just tune it to start and see what you think. I'll record it, but if it gets boring, il come and watch more FMP (Which is awesome, might I add)

Just finished watching it and I really enjoyed it :)

I didn't think they'd be able to keep Light sinister, but the twist at the end with him killing his girlfriend realy captured it well. Obviously not a 10/10 film but, still enjoyable. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished watching.

I never used to think much of the movie (mainly because of the idiots watching it before the anime/reading the manga and saying death note "is the best ever!"), but I appreciated it a lot more than I did the first time around.

It differs from the original story, but different isn't always bad. Not in the case of the Death Note movie, anyway. Though don't get me wrong, I prefer the manga/anime's plot alot more.

Overall, it was a nice film to sit down and watch and is great with a few Maryland Cookies and a cup of hot chocolate. Gratitude for the head's-up Spyro (though I saw the advert for it, so I would of watched one way or another =P).

All the same, thanks ^^

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Overall, it was a nice film to sit down and watch and is great with a few Maryland Cookies and a cup of hot chocolate. Gratitude for the head's-up Spyro (though I saw the advert for it, so I would of watched one way or another =P).

All the same, thanks ^^

Hehe. No problem ;)

miscs said:
Oh crap!

I totally forgot

I do believe Film4 repeat throughout the week. Check the listings and see if you can catch it midweek? If not Death Note: The Last Name is showing at 2330 (I think) next Saturday. You could try and catch that.

I saw it last night too, and I have to say that I didn't think that I would enjoy it as much as I did!^_^I'm really looking forward to the sequal on saturday night!Does anyone know if they will be showing L:Change The World aswell?

evangelion rocks said:
I saw it last night too, and I have to say that I didn't think that I would enjoy it as much as I did!^_^I'm really looking forward to the sequal on saturday night!Does anyone know if they will be showing L:Change The World aswell?

Doesn't look like it. Being the Death Note fanatic I am though i'll inevitbaly buy all the films, and i'll tell you if its good, if you want.

Some people are pleased all too easily. You'd think most people would find fault with a lead actor who can't act and only got the role of Light Yagami, one of the best characters ever, simply because he has a pretty face.

I say again: The Japanese live-action attempt was so bad that I expect the American version to better it. It'd struggle to be worse, that much I do know for a facht.

Back