Current anime streaming discussion

I have opinions, but not on either of those shows, as I haven't watched them. So I guess you could say I have an opinion that I considered them not even worth picking up as they're not to my taste....

Good research, IL! Thanks.

edit: On one hand, both of those opinion pieces made the shows sound terrible. On the other hand, people love being negative, so who knows. :p

st_owly said:
I have opinions, but not on either of those shows, as I haven't watched them. So I guess you could say I have an opinion that I considered them not even worth picking up as they're not to my taste....
I guess that's where I was too given I didn't pick them up in my initial set of shows. ^^; Rakudai Kishi seemed a bit too likely to just be flat out bad, and I already had shows lined up for those kind of spots (I guess I should have tried it instead of The Asterisk War). As for Concrete Revolutio, well... sometimes I just kind of forget Daisuki exists and I don't even know why.

ilmaestro said:
Good research, IL! Thanks.

edit: On one hand, both of those opinion pieces made the shows sound terrible. On the other hand, people love being negative, so who knows. :p

I didn't think Revolutio was terrible, just that it had a lot of potential squandered by poor execution and a simple lack of time. If it focussed on the characters more, so that some of their decisions actually made sense and so one character's huge emotional arc in the second episode wasn't hammered in last minute, it would be amazing and I'd have really recommended it. As it is, it feels a few stops short of brilliance.

To be honest, I think we might discover that the home video versions are all extended and an extra minute or two of the right material would probably be enough to solve the problems I had. Shame FUNimation seemingly has UK rights, especially as they've forced a delaycast on us and I think Anime Limited could have done something really cool with it, especially given it's unique artstyle.

I'd definitely recommend checking out the first couple of episodes to see if you like it.

And, as much as I do love complaining, I think it's just easier to quantify what you dislike about something than what you like. (Either that or I'm just a miserable bastard :p)

Rakudai Kishi is the superior version of The Asterisk War. At it's base It's generic as hell & has some typical fanservice moments (that calms down to a certain degree though). The show becomes more enjoyable as time goes by IMO.. I don't want to say too much as I'll just end up spoiling the show for you but I'd say give it a go.

There's some real neat animation later on too, read someone from SHAFT worked/works on the show & the OP is just kickass, be humming it before long :wink:

EDIT: Certain arcs in previous episodes of Revolutio are revisited in later episodes in some form, be it a continuation visually or verbally. There's tons of back & forthing. It does lack a certain "something" that shows of similar veins had (Baccano for example) but without being too biased I think it's one of the better shows of the season. If it helps anyone viewing or wanting to view there is a chronological timeline being updated in each new episode discussion on Reddit that's a big help if you find yourself a tad unsure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, you've both probably done enough to get me to check out an episode or two of each, so I guess I might as well have done that in the first place. XD

Back