Currency vs Brexit: GBP Losses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free movement of people was in the ECC. It just became a issue when smaller countries well less off ones joined it in 2005 when it was now the EU. So Obv if these countries were poorer the U.K. would look a better option. And their business who exploit workers and they don't just exploit imported workers I feel zero hour contracts are exploitation and I'm the "students" that Cameron loved mentioning.
And this NHS squeeze yes the population increasing it is everywhere, people are getting older they are in every western country it is the lack of funding to lee with growing demand because quite frankly people want a better funded NHS but then don't want to pay for it.
A lot of the NHS problems is due to mismanagement but overpopulation does ad to the strain

Last edited:
Places with high numbers of immigrants voted remain if they have had high levels of immigration for a long time, and leave if they hadn't. The amount of migration wasn't even a factor, but how much of an increase in immigration there had been recently was.

Which suggests to me that it isn't actually migration in and of itself that is the issue.

A lot of the NHS problems is due to mismanagement but overpopulation does at to the strain
Migration is a big net benefit to the NHS. The people who come over here demand far less on it than the native population (more due to demography than anything else) while still contributing to our taxes. They also tend to disproportionately work for the NHS, which physically cannot get enough staff from the local population.

That said, yes, large scale net migration to a LOCAL AREA can put strain on the LOCAL facilities. Whether that migration comes from elsewhere in the country or from another country, however, is irrelevant. And a lot of the places seeing the biggest increase in immigrants (and voting leave) also have net emigration when it comes to the local population, and have done since well before their rate of external immigration went up. This is also, of course, best resolved by providing more facilities in the area in question to meet the increase in demand. Luckily immigrants from abroad pay more than enough (in total) in taxes to provide all the facilities they need. Unlike, say, elderly people flocking from elsewhere in the UK to a handful of coastal towns with very few immigrants - which also tended to vote leave.

Migrant doctors and nurses are a massive benefit to the NHS but the over Reliance on them has created a big problem there's a big shortage of home grown doctors and nurses and agency's are taking advantage of the situation and holding the NHS to ransom.

There are lots of Remain-heavy parts of London which are most certainly not dominated by a wealthy elite demographically and we still voted Remain on the immigration issue (those who based voting on it specifically) because we live around and like immigrants rather than fearing them. Since it was brought up and my area was slandered. I'm not seeing any sign that my very working class area rushed to vote Remain in order to pad the wallets of its people. I'm sure some people did in other districts but it would be a minority or the wealthy elite would not be much of an 'elite'.

The lack of local doctors is our own fault to some extent. How many of us here are doctors or nurses? How many wanted to be? I didn't. The professions aren't held in such high regard in our culture these days and I certainly wasn't ever pushed that way back in school either. The cultural pressure to enter medicine is a lot stronger elsewhere.

R

Last edited:
It mainly due to the drop in the pound most of the ingredients for the Blueriband are imported so it's cheaper for them to move production to Poland where they won't have to pay the worker's as much as there british counterparts they'll probably come running back if the Tories cut cooperation tax.

It mainly due to the drop in the pound most of the ingredients for the Blueriband are imported so it's cheaper for them to move production to Poland where they won't have to pay the worker's as much as there british counterparts they'll probably come running back if the Tories cut cooperation tax.
The Tories have already confirmed a substantial Corporation Tax cut is coming?

The Tories have already confirmed a substantial Corporation Tax cut is coming?
Not until 2020 Nestle already have a production plant in Poland so it isn't really a big deal to move production from one plant to the other sadly nestle care more about the profits they can make in those 3 years than they do about 300 of there employees.

Not until 2020 Nestle already have a production plant in Poland so it isn't really a big deal to move production from one plant to the other sadly nestle care more about the profits they can make in those 3 years than they do about 300 of there employees.

I seriously doubt it's a Tax thing. Especially seeing as Nestle is large enough to hire accountants to get out of it....

The lowest corporation tax on the continent of Europe is 23 percent if may was to cut it to 10 percent like she was threatening the EU with more than the 300 Nestle Jobs will be moving to the uk

No Nestle pay there fare share your thinking of skum like Google

Somehow I really doubt a company that uses child and forced labour, has been involved in price fixing scandals and has publicly said it doesn't think water is a human right, has it's tax affairs in order. But maybe I'm just being presumptuous, let's all go after nasty Google and pretend Nestle is a bastion of moral fortitude forced into this decision by unfair Tax rules...

Somehow I really doubt a company that uses child and forced labour, has been involved in price fixing scandals and has publicly said it doesn't think water is a human right, has it's tax affairs in order. But maybe I'm just being presumptuous, let's all go after nasty Google and pretend Nestle is a bastion of moral fortitude forced into this decision by unfair Tax rules...
It's not just me who going after nasty Google Google, Amazon, Starbucks: The rise of 'tax shaming' - BBC News

Sadly with Nestle its just another case of cheap labour. Poland seems to be a good place to set up shop if you want to pay workers a pittance. Car companies have been doing the same for years so its hardly surprising.

I at least find it hilarious this will apparently hit a region that voted out because they were sick of Polish workers.

Vote to **** over your currency and the jobs will leave. This notion that the fallout of the vote would have happened regardless is ridiculous. There are always sudden redundancies in any economy but people voted for this and now pass the buck.

I at least find it hilarious this will apparently hit a region that voted out because they were sick of Polish workers.

Vote to **** over your currency and the jobs will leave. This notion that the fallout of the vote would have happened regardless is ridiculous. There are always sudden redundancies in any economy but people voted for this and now pass the buck.
No big surprise that you get off on the misfortune and suffering of people who don't subscribe to your twisted and warped ideology, why don't you go join Antifa you'd be more than welcome there.

No big surprise that you get off on the misfortune and suffering of people who don't subscribe to your twisted and warped ideology, why don't you go join Antifa you'd be more than welcome there.

I'm not getting off on anything. There's a huge list of stupid reasons that some voted for Brexit, with racism part of that. That jobs are now leaving areas that got biggest Brexit vote is at the very least some form of karma.

I actually believe there was room for mature debate on the pros and cons of EU membership. But we didn't get that. The face of austerity half heartedly tried to convince the country EU weren't the slave masters politicians had scapegoated them as for years and those after his job promised the EU would kiss our feet if we said we're leaving.

So after months of twats telling me this fiction is true and ignoring things like at least two murders directly caused by this shambles, my sympathy only goes so far.

Sadly with Nestle its just another case of cheap labour. Poland seems to be a good place to set up shop if you want to pay workers a pittance. Car companies have been doing the same for years so its hardly surprising.
And Poland is in the EU! Good job EU, including countries with massively different economies and wages in a single currency free-trade zone together. That totally brought the people of Europe together and didn't at all pit them against each other in a race to the bottom for who can have the lowest tax and wages! I'm sure things like this have no relation whatsoever to the rise in horrible xenophobia towards Eastern Europeans in Western Europe.

The conspiracy theorist in me is actually starting to wonder if at some point a group of people who never wanted Europeans to get along or Europe to be a world power took control of the EU, then started making decisions that would in fact do the most damage to relations between the people of European countries rather than bring them together.

As people have said, time and time again in this thread, there are many reasons for people voting leave just as there were many for voting remain. If you believe there's room for mature debate, why do you continually keep painting anyone who voted for Brexit as a stupid racist? There are a lot of people on the left who voted for Brexit for economic and social reasons which had nothing to do with racism and xenophobia. Friggin' Bob Crow ran No2EU, a left-wing party in favour of leaving the EU. Jeremy Corbyn, Jean-Luc Mélenchon in France, M5S in Italy and Syriza in Greece (before Tsipras became an establishment stooge) have all been critical of the EU from a left-wing stance. They and their supporters aren't all dumb skinheads, why do you continue to paint them as such? Has the thought not crossed your mind that maybe those workers voted leave because they could see the possibility of their jobs going to Poland anyway and neither the EU nor our own government doing anything to help them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back