Crunchyroll's Summer 2012 New Show Announcements...

I probably have a ton of CR guest passes as well.

Every other month or so they give me a 30-day free trial (like today), which is nice. But it actually works in their favour, because this is what happens: I redeem the trial, don't watch anything, forget to cancel, and don't watch anything during the month I paid for. I finally cancel before I'm charged again, and the cycle begins anew.

The sooner they get that PS3 app up and running (and brought to Europe) the better.

I think I've been subscribed for more months than I've watched shows :(

In fact I think my lady used my account more than I have. My entire history is full of fluffy kittens and angels...

I am glad I was slow starting Moyashimon Returns. Hope the original will be viewable for us...

R

Sentai has UK rights for Angel Beats - Manga sub-licensed it from them. Because of that though, it probably will be locked (it isn't available on TAN, although it is available on iTunes and has been long before it was released on disc here)

Not enough time in the day to keep up with new stuff and catch up with things I let slip. I must make some time for Polar Bear Cafe that was a fun show until I ran out of time.

Some unused passes.

LNHZ3QP486J

4LWCF3GRUVT

NQSJQLD389K

The absolute craziness of CR's rapid advancement towards towards total simulcasting (or as close as they can realistically get) has me constantly looking at the list for this season in disbelief. I'd love to have Horizon here, but apart from that it's great to see.

I also usually have some sort of free pass code, if anyone ever wants one to try it out.

Lawrence said:
Joshawott said:
What is it with Japan's obsession with turning Oda Nobunaga into a girl?!

A better question would be "What's Japan's obsession with Oda Nobunaga?"
This is as daft a question as "What's America's obsession with hamburgers?". BECAUSE THEY'RE ****ING AWESOME.

Seriously, it would be like wondering why people continued to use the Roman Empire as the inspiration for films and such.

New short film from Comix Wave, the people behind the Makoto Shinkai filmography...

Travelling Daru

Hey everyone, it's Tiffany again! Today I'm excited to announce the launch of a new short film called "Traveling Daru", created by the same staff behind Makoto Shinkai's "5 Centimeters per Second" and "The Place Promised in Our Early Days". This heartwarming piece tells the story of Daru, a handmade stuffed toy, who goes on a journey searching for its owner after they get separated at the airport. Despite the very limited dialogue, the music and smooth animation is more than enough to convey the emotions and feelings of the story, and I will admit, I found myself choking up at more than one point during the film. Don't be fooled by the child-like art style and simple plot; "Traveling Daru" is a wonderfully told tale that appeals to both adults and children alike, and at 10 minutes and 30 seconds, it's easily viewable in one sitting.

Traveling Daru will launch TONIGHT, August 6, at 6pm (PDT), available to both Free and Premium users, so don't take my word for it, go check it out for yourselves!

Traveling Daru

Synopsis:
Daru, a cherished handmade stuffed toy, gets lost and separated from its owner one day when at the airport. Determined to find her again, Daru sets out on a journey around the world in search of her. As time passes, the girl begins to forget about Daru. Will Daru be able to find and see its beloved owner again?

Ditchdigger said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
The sooner they get that PS3 app up and running (and brought to Europe) the better.
It's out now in NA: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/31/crunchyroll-ps3-app-launches-today
If you have NA PSN ID :wink: you can download it and it does work at least for the sample episode I watched.
Yeah, I downloaded it last week. Seeing as the app works on my UK account as well, I have to wonder why it wasn't rolled out in Europe at the same time. It's got some teething problems though; twice it crashed as I tried to play an episode of Working S2, forcing me to do a hard reset.

secondclasscitizens grumblegrumble

Guest passes:

RNTFELQZPKD
PNP5A4JXKZD
9ZAZXBL8CSQ

I need respite from Chrunchyroll's adverts. Tempted to sign up for the 14 day free trial, but then they can sneakily start charging me membership fee if I forget to cancel before the end of the trial. Me forgetting is a very possible occurrence. Hmmm...

I started the free trial for Kokoro Connect.

Question - they keep on bugging me to sign up to the free trial like once a week, would they notice if I cancelled when I finished watching my shows, started again when they are released, then cancelled until next week? xD

Back