Crunchyroll's Spring 2012 New Show Announcements...

With the exception of my "**** Funi" attitude being continually reinforced, the streaming lineup for this season is fierce! Shame AoD doesn't seem to be playing. :-/

Lawrence said:
Upotte!! is surprisingly decent and this is coming from someone who won't give K-on!! and the like the time of day, so yeah, you might want to give it a shot :)
Unfortunately not liking good shows does not somehow provide me with confidence in your recommendation for bad shows...

Professor Irony said:
robot monkey said:
I wish somebody would pick up Lupin III for streaming in the UK, only show in this season I am interested in seeing.

Funi have picked up the streaming rights for Lupin, but I fear it's unlikely that it'll be unlocked in the UK.

For Lupin II fans in the UK this is probably the worst possible outcome as far as streaming is concerned.

Unfortunately not liking good shows does not somehow provide me with confidence in your recommendation for bad shows...

:lol:

Why has the forum not been flooded with Ilmaestro posts yet? You have hundreds of posts you need to reply to...you..you can't just leave them unreplied to..

Don't encourage me, man, I'm fairly sure not everyone is as hyped as you seem to be for a potential seven pages of "last replied to by ilmaestro". :lol:

ilmaestro said:
With the exception of my "**** Funi" attitude being continually reinforced, the streaming lineup for this season is fierce! Shame AoD doesn't seem to be playing. :-/

Working on something cool just now hence the silence - there are a few reasons for that though, nothing negative per se though just I'm not allowed to go into much detail at this stage!

Will update folk soon I promise.

Andrew

ilmaestro said:
Don't encourage me, man, I'm fairly sure not everyone is as hyped as you seem to be for a potential seven pages of "last replied to by ilmaestro". :lol:

Yours is just a bluff, I call.

Teo

kaze_andrew said:
Working on something cool just now hence the silence - there are a few reasons for that though, nothing negative per se though just I'm not allowed to go into much detail at this stage!

Andrew

I was a bit worried that Anime On Demand has been quiet these past few months but i'm glad to see that nothing bad has happened. I look forward to your announcements Andrew :)

Crunchyroll Adds "Dusk Maiden of Amnesia" to Spring Anime Lineup

Based on the manga by Maybe, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is the latest addition to Crunchyroll's spring anime lineup. The series will stream on Sundays at 9:00 am PDT in the following territories: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is directed by Shin Oonuma (Baka and Test, ef: a tale of melodies), with animation production by SILVER LINK (Baka and Test, Kokoro Connect).

Story:

DUSK MAIDEN OF AMNESIA revolves around a first-year high school student, Teiichi Niiya who had just enrolled at Seikyou Private Academy. One day while wandering the hallowed halls, he gets lost in one of the school's old buildings and encounters Yuuko Kanoe, who reveals herself as a ghost with no memories. While investigating her death by looking through the school's seven mysteries, they discover the truth about these ghost stories and help those who are troubled…

kaze_andrew said:
ilmaestro said:

Andrew
Good stuff, everything was looking really promising a couple of seasons ago, fingers crossed that whatever this new stuff is it doesn't hit too many delays.

Queen's Blade: Rebellion is up next.

Crunchyroll's spring anime lineup is about to get infinitely bustier with the addition of Queen's Blade: Rebellion. We've posted plenty of previews leading up to the airing, and the sultry ladies finally spring into action on Wednesdays at 9:00 pm PDT.

Queen's Blade: Rebellion will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

Directed by Yousei Morino, with animation production by ARMS, Rebellion picks up after the events of Queen's Blade:

Gainos and the entire Continent has fallen under a tyrannical rule led by Claudette, the Thundercloud Queen and victor of the last Queen's Blade tournament. Annelotte, a brave young knight and exiled princess, leads a band of rebels called the Rebel Army to overthrow Claudette and restore peace and order to the Continent.

I was alerted to this by a Facebook post made my a female friend of mine commenting at how excited they were that it had been picked up. I'm now convinced that she's a lesbian =3.

Crunchyroll just going BANANAS this season, even allowing for Medaka being non-UK. We can't be too far away (relatively speaking) from 100% simulcasting, surely.

Joshawott said:
I was alerted to this by a Facebook post made my a female friend of mine commenting at how excited they were that it had been picked up. I'm now convinced that she's a lesbian =3.
Rui won't be overly impressed by your conclusion. ^^;

I definitely would not have foreseen simulcasting being the norm 5 years ago! I think it's excellent, especially when it's within an hour of the Japanese broadcast. Of course when region-locking comes into play I turn into a rampaging nutcase but hopefully that'll become less of an issue as time goes on (the region-locking, not the rampaging :wink:).

Shame about Medaka Box as I'd quite like to see it, but waiting won't kill me.

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
Rui won't be overly impressed by your conclusion. ^^;

Haha, but I was going to wait for the blu-ray edition for uncensored goodness and bonus material...

R

Oh yes, I dread to think what CR's version will actually look like. The story should be a lot stronger than, say, the OVAs, though, so people shouldn't have too many problems.

If anyone does decide to watch the show, perhaps on the back of watching the US disc releases, the six episode OVA run is not really of any massive value, but you may want to check out the two that came packaged in with the visual books as they provide a bit of an introduction to the two new main characters.

So I gues that's it, Only Two+ Shows from 21/22 not being available for UK streaming is some of the best numbers the site has had if I'm not mistaken! :)

And bang right on the money, 30 shows streaming at once in some form!

It's not over! There's live action stuff as well...

Crunchyroll to Stream "Taburakashi" J-Drama

Drama fans should get ready to add something new to their list, with the addition of YTV's latest series, Taburakashi, to Crunchyroll's lineup. The series will stream every Friday at 7:00 pm PDT.

Taburakashi will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Netherlands, Middle East, and South America.

Story:

Maki, a young woman, comes to Tokyo with dreams of becoming an actress. However, the theatrical troupe she belonged to disbanded, and she has become burdened with 6 million yen worth of debt. Maki begins working as a stand-in actress, playing everything from a corpse to a ghost to a newlywed, but will she ever find her success as an actress?

Heh, they kind of scooped themselves on that one by adding the show and having it show up in their "updated" section a few days ago.

Back