Crunchyroll's Spring 2012 New Show Announcements...

Surely no one can be interested in this?

Crunchyroll Adds "Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals" to Spring Anime Lineup

Those looking forward to the Naruto spin-off comedy, Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals (AKA Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden), can mark their calendars for tomorrow. As the latest addition to Crunchyroll's spring anime lineup, Rock Lee will start streaming on April 3 at 2:30 am PDT.

Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals will be available to premium members worldwide except for members in Japan, France, Belgium and Switzerland, closely following its broadcast. Free members can watch the episodes one week later with the same geographic restrictions.

Based on Kenji Taira's manga and directed by Naruto Shippuden film director Masahiko Murata, the series follows the bushy-browed Rock Lee and the comedic happenings that surround him in the ninja village. Expect plenty of familiar faces, just in a not-so familiar SD style.

I am likely to at least try the SD Rock Lee series. Need something silly to fill the hole in my life left by the Gintama anime ending.

R

Sengoku Collection (Parallel World Samurai) is the latest addition.

The next addition to Crunchyroll's spring anime lineup is Sengoku Collection (Parallel World Samurai), a series that thrusts Sengoku Era samurai girls into modern day Tokyo. The stream is scheduled to kick off on Thursday, April 5 at 10:30 am PDT.

Sengoku Collection will be available for premium members worldwide except for Japan. Free members will be able to catch the show in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.

This series revolves around many samurai who are accidentally removed from a parallel universe inhabited by well-known historic characters. Unlike the historical war period known to us, all inhabitants in this unique world look like high school girls. Coming from the medieval era and finding themselves totally amazed by everything they encounter in modern day Tokyo, the girls become best friends through their adventures.

Shirokuma Café is the other show which has been added today

If you want some more gag anime in your spring season, Crunchyroll's latest addition has you covered. Polar Bear's Café (Shirokuma Café) begins streaming on Thursday, April 5 at 2:00 am PDT.

Polar Bear's Café will be available to premium members worldwide except for Japan. Free members will be able to chill out with the show in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.

Based on the manga by Aloha Higa—which runs in Shogakukan's monthly josei magazine Flowers—Polar Bear's Café is directed by Chi's Sweet Home's Mitsuyuki Masuhara, and animated by Pierrot.

Absolutely can't wait for this, Can Bearly contain My Excitement :D

I have to admit when I was watching Naruto (before I saw that illustration in an official Japanese Naruto companion book) Rock Lee and Guy were two of my favourite things about the show, along with that apathetic guy who just wanted to be a cloud. Though, I'm still unlikely to get around to trying out the show.

That Polar Bear Cafe, though. I hope it's as good as it sounds!

Saki - Episode Side A is the next announcement.

Shizuno Takakamo and Ako Atarashi, members of the Achiga Girl's Academy Kid's Mahjong Club, invite the new transfer student from Tokyo, Nodoka Haramura, to come play with them. Kuro Matsumi, a student one year above them, and Harue Akado, a university student who is their coach, are there as well, and together they spend their days having fun and playing Mahjong. But when it's time to go to middle school, Harue leaves for a pro team, and Ako ends up going to a different school. And then Nodoka transfers, and the group is torn apart. Time passes, and one day in her last year of middle school, Shizuno is watching TV when she sees Nodoka winning the national middle school Mah-jong tournament. ‘I want to play Mahjong with Nodoka again.'

Watched some of the first Saki, and it wasn't really my thing. I'm still hoping that Crunchy will announce Kore wa Zombie S2.

Perhaps AoD have Upotte!! though at least it wasn't one I wanted to see, for once, which makes the annoying situation less annoying this time.

I tried Rock Lee but couldn't finish the episode. Cool OP though.

I noticed that Fate/Zero (second season) is definitely a worldwide stream again via Nico Nico Douga, so that should be a shoe in as well. Not that there was much doubt, but with the way Aniplex have been acting towards us lately...

R

However, you might not be able to look at a gun in the same way ever again....it would be like a double whamy of guilt; "Oh no, I'm having tantalising thoughts about young looking secondary school girls and their knickers............Oh no I'm having tantalising thoughts about real world killing machines". It would do my mojo no good, man, no good.

Crunchyroll Dunks "Kuroko's Basketball" into Spring Anime Lineup

Crunchyroll announced they'll be streaming the adaptation of Tadatoshi Fujimaki's Weekly Shonen Jump-serialized manga Kuroko's Basketball as part of their spring lineup of anime titles. The sports drama kicks off this Friday (April 7th) at 11:30 AM PDT.

Story as follows:

The Teiko Middle School Basketball Team: the class that produced three perfect seasons in a row, with five once-in-a-generation players, called 'the Miracle Generation.'

There was another player whom all of them respected…a legendary 6th teammate. When up-and-coming power-player Taiga Kagami returns from America, he enrolls in Seirin High School and meets the suprisingly ordinary boy, Tetsuya Kuroko. Kagami is shocked to find that Kuroko isn't good at basketball—in fact, he's bad! And he's so plain that he's impossible to see.

However, Kuroko's plainness lets him pass the ball around without the other team noticing him—he was indeed the sixth member of the Miracle Generation. Kuroko makes a pact with Kagami to defeat the other members of the middle school dream team who have all since moved on to play basketball at other high schools. A battle of light (Kagami) and shadow (Kuroko) begins!

Kuroko's Basketball will be viewable in the following territories: U.S.A., Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.

We will be seeing Kids on the Slope though.

The latest anime from Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) is making its way to Crunchyroll's spring lineup. Kids on the Slope (Sakamichi no Apollon) will stream on Thursdays, starting April 12 at 9:30 am PDT.

Kids on the Slope will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.
Based on the manga by Yuki Kodama, Kids on the Slope features music by Yoko Kanno, and animation production by Mappa and Tezuka Productions.

Story:
In the summer of 1966 Kaoru Nishimi moved by himself from Yokosuka to Kyushu to live with relatives. Until then, Kaoru was an honor roll student who tended to keep to himself, but meeting notorious bad boy Sentaro Kawabuchi would change all of that. Through his devil-may-care classmate, Kaoru learns the attractions of jazz and finds the first person he can call a “friend”. He also discovers how much fun it is to play music with a pal. Set against the backdrop of a seaside town with a scent of American culture, this series is a drama about young people coming into their own, crossing each other's paths, and finding friendship, love, and music!

Joshawott said:
We will be seeing Kids on the Slope though.

The latest anime from Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) is making its way to Crunchyroll's spring lineup. Kids on the Slope (Sakamichi no Apollon) will stream on Thursdays, starting April 12 at 9:30 am PDT.

Kids on the Slope will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.
Based on the manga by Yuki Kodama, Kids on the Slope features music by Yoko Kanno, and animation production by Mappa and Tezuka Productions.

Story:
In the summer of 1966 Kaoru Nishimi moved by himself from Yokosuka to Kyushu to live with relatives. Until then, Kaoru was an honor roll student who tended to keep to himself, but meeting notorious bad boy Sentaro Kawabuchi would change all of that. Through his devil-may-care classmate, Kaoru learns the attractions of jazz and finds the first person he can call a “friend”. He also discovers how much fun it is to play music with a pal. Set against the backdrop of a seaside town with a scent of American culture, this series is a drama about young people coming into their own, crossing each other's paths, and finding friendship, love, and music!

YESSS! :D

This is the one I wanted to see most of all! I'd almost convinced myself we'd be regionblocked or paywalled out of it!

Yes! Been looking forward to this one. Apart from this, Space Brothers and Ozma, Crunchyroll's Spring announcements haven't appealed to me at all, I hope the remaining ones are better...and made available in the UK!

Crunchyroll Adds "Mysterious Girlfriend X" to Spring Anime Lineup

Addictive drool... new meme

Crunchyroll is adding an addictive substance to its spring anime lineup in the form of Mysterious Girlfriend X (Nazo no Kanojo X), based on the Afternoon manga by Riichi Ueshiba. The stream kicks off on Sunday, April 8 at 9:30 am PDT.

Mysterious Girlfriend X will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.

Ayumu Watanabe (Space Brothers) directs the anime adaptation, with animation production by Hoods Entertainment (Seikon no Qwaser, Aki Sora: Yume no Naka).

Story:

MYSTERIOUS GIRLFRIEND X follows the relationship of Akira Tsubaki and Mikoto Urabe, who is a transfer student who recently came to Tsubaki's school. After a series of strange events, Tsubaki finds himself addicted to Urabe's drool. Once she claims the addiction as love sickness, the relationship slowly progresses, focusing on the odd bond that comes out of the drool attachment...

I remember reading the oneshot manga a few years ago and I really liked its bonkers concept and offbeat humour. When it became a series I quite liked it as well but I stalled on it. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

Back