UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Already got the 2 I want so I'm skipping that edition, I would upgrade if I only had dvds but that isn't the case.

Going against the general option here, my favorite is summer Wars, it used to be GWLTT but after several rewatches.. summer wars won me over. Both great tho. Wolf children isn't my thing, I don't like it.

Didn't know we would be getting the Hosoda CE's. Will probably get Summer Wars and The Girl who leapt through Time. Won't get Wolf Children, didn't think much of that one.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Wolf Children but don't really feel the need to rewatch it. Plus, I think my girlfriend has the BD anyway.

Summer Wars I already have. Note to self: overdue a rewatch!

TGWLTT... one I always meant to watch but never get around to.

IvUwebp.jpg

Link: Manga Entertainment on Twitter

Redeemed. For context: NeoGAF

So according to Bulbapedia...

Set for Oct 2nd release, @MangaUK will distribute the first three Pokémon movies on DVD and BD individually. Listings are up on Amazon UK.

On the topic, why hasn't Manga decided to release any of the Pokemon anime yet? It seems a logical thing to release given the company's recent track record with childhood/nostalgia shows.

Following Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon and Power Rangers... how does the Pokemon anime NOT seem like the most obvious and logical next step??

So according to Bulbapedia...

On the topic, why hasn't Manga decided to release any of the Pokemon anime yet? It seems a logical thing to release given the company's recent track record with childhood/nostalgia shows.

Following Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon and Power Rangers... how does the Pokemon anime NOT seem like the most obvious and logical next step??

From what Jerome has said in the past it's not that Manga aren't going for Pokémon, but that The Pokémon Company International (who handle all this kind of stuff), have the license locked down and don't want to let it out to basically anyone.

From what Jerome has said in the past it's not that Manga aren't going for Pokémon, but that The Pokémon Company International (who handle all this kind of stuff), have the license locked down and don't want to let it out to basically anyone.

Then explain how the sets have been able to be released in America??

Having dealt with the local TPC in Europe myself in my line of work (briefly) I can safely say that they are not the most helpful company around when it comes to partnerships. Pokemon sets from Manga would make a lot of sense but I'm not sure making sense has ever been in many media companies' game plans here.

R

Huh so Amazon listed Digimon Tri 3 with a December 26th date but now it says unavailable. Guess it was a mistake? 2 Tri films back to back would have been sweet.

An Amazon user has reported that their copy of Index II suffered from scratched discs and damaged packaging.
Flimsy packaging and heavily scratched discs on two copies I have ordered! Be careful collectors!
So 2 years ago Animatsu (or Manga UK if you will) released the Blu-Ray 1st season of Index in a great chipboard box which I very much liked. 2 years on, Index II has just been released in the UK by same organisation, but this time as a Blu Ray/DVD Combi which comes in 2 DVD cases and a very flimsy card slipcase (Licensing must have demanded the Combi). So on the shelf along with the Railgun series, everything looks odd as the 1st seasons of both shows come in shorter Blu-Ray cases with no DVDs! Everything here just feels cheap and inconsistent; especially in comparison to other recent Manga/Animatsu releases of Sentai licenses which come in fanciful chipboard and plastic slipcase offerings.

Now onto why I am giving this release a 1-Star rating. This rating isn't reflective of the series itself as it is enjoyable and deserves a place in my vast collection, but is rather reflective of the poor packaging and the condition the discs came in.

Upon unsealing this set, I noticed that some discs were loose and that the cases seem to cram everything together. All the discs had a large number of deep scratches and some discs had fingerprint and residue (glue?), but worst of all one of the blu-rays had loads of deep scratches which should only occur by force; after all blu-ray discs are supposed to be scratch-proof right? So I returned this copy and ordered a replacement. The SAME thing again. most discs were scratched!

I have bought many of Manga UK's releases over the past 2 decades and have never had problems like this. Yes I have some OCD, but this release has really annoyed me and I expected a whole lot better! These discs shouldn't have scratches and to be truthful, I wish they just released a Blu Ray version with a chipboard box again. Thankfully my Railgun S set is fine.
51LwTtUQqML._CR0,248,640,640_UX256.jpg
51EYnwXXnNL._CR0,248,640,640_UX256.jpg

Can someone tell me what the difference between Manga and Animatsu is? I bought Food Wars under the Animatsu brand and was as described, yet something like Death Note under the Manga brand I was lied to about a rigid box, was a flimsy paper one, it seems the only nice/decent releases Manga do are movies like Digimon Tri.

Back