UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Nothing anymore. They used to be separate as jerome left manga to found animatsu but now is back as owner of manga. What brand they use for a product depends but the same company do the releases now

Nothing anymore. They used to be separate as jerome left manga to found animatsu but now is back as owner of manga. What brand they use for a product depends but the same company do the releases now
Thank you for the info! It certainly doesn't feel like the same company doing the releases lol.

Few Manga UK announcements...

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie - Bluray + DVD Combi - Oct 9th

Steamboy - Bluray + DVD Combi - Oct 16th

Paprika - Bluray + DVD Combi - Oct 23rd

Pokemon: Indigo League - DVD and a Bluray LE - Oct 30th

Have to say I'm pretty disappointed that Anime Limited didn't get the Cowboy Bebop movie (I'd have quite liked them to get Paprika too if I'm honest...). Oh well.

Last edited:
Somewhat surprised Manga, rather than AL, managed to get a licensing deal with Sony. Also surprised they'd bother re-releasing Paprika rather than putting Tokyo Godfathers out, but hopefully they'll get round to it. And Memories.

To be a fly on the wall when the AL office found out Manga had the bebop movie... I bet it was nsfw :D

Next AL podcast: directed by Quentin Tarantino!

So all that remains now to be rescued from Sony are Tekkonkinkreet and Tokyo Godfathers by the looks of it. I reckon Manga should try and get Millennium Actress as well given they used to release it.

Questions... Which Cowboy Bebop? The US disc with the lossless stereo, or the AU disc with the lossy surround and extra features?
Paprika? Reprint of the old Sony release with the windowboxed image or a new fullscreen transfer?
Steamboy, the 106 mins Worldwide theatrical cut, or the Japanese 126 minute domestic cut?

Back