UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

CR is just really weird about their choices for physical releases.

Bokutachi no Remake
World's Finest Assassin
Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story
Raven of the Inner Palace
The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten

All of those were skipped by CR for physical releases it seems and I enjoyed watching all of them.
Oh yeah, they skipped Birdie Wing too! Wtf is going on...

I so wanted Raven of the Inner Palace and Worlds Finest Assassin on Blu-ray. Raven especially since Apothecary Diaries was so big - and then they actually skip over one of the better Isekai series?? I didn't think they skip over releasing any Isekai...
Raven of The Inner Palace would be cool to get. What a bummer that they skipped over that too. Now I fear they will later skip over Shoshimin: How to Become Ordinary when it finishes airing...

Raven of The Inner Palace was a great show, art was hit and miss though. Kinda like a mix of Natsume and Mushishi but set in ancient China.

AOL have new listings for the upcoming Crunchyroll slate, includes.

• The Ancient Magus' Bride (S2) (Part 2)
  • Classroom for Heroes
  • Goblin Slayer (S2)
  • One Piece - Collection 35
  • Ouran High School Host Club
  • Vinland Saga (S2) (Part 2)
Nice to finally see Ouran get a standard blu-ray release seeing as AL's license expired before they had a chance to do a non-CE release.

About bloody time, Mugen Train TV and the Entertainment District Arc of Demon Slayer are on Crunchyrolls December slate.

The last AoT set and Psycho Pass Providence are also slated for December alongside steelbook releases of AoT seasons 1, 2 & 3.

I really hope the AoT season 1 steelbook uses the US masters as the subtitles on the UK set are criminally bad.

Last edited:
About bloody time, Mugen Train TV and the Entertainment District Arc of Demon Slayer are on Crunchyrolls December slate.

The last AoT set and Psycho Pass Providence are also slated for December alongside steelbook releases of AoT seasons 1, 2 & 3.

I really hope the AoT season 1 steelbook uses the US masters as the subtitles on the UK set are criminally bad.

I'm glad we're finally getting Demon Slayer but as @Magical Senshi mentioned as well, it's a shame it's just the standard editions.

Though it'll be pricey I'm still probably going to import the Aniplex releases to keep consistency with S1 and Mugen Train. At least I have confirmation I don't need to wait any longer to see if we're going to get them or not though.

Interested in the AoT steelbooks. I have S1 standard and S2 + Part 1 & 2 of The Final Season in LE format and yet to pick up S3 so my collection is very inconsistent when it comes to AoT. I think I'll replace my S1 standard with the steelbook and will pick up the S2 and S3 steelbooks as well. Undecided if I'll keep my S2 LE or not though I'll very likely still get The Final Chapters LE though I expect the The Final Season to get a steelbook eventually.

I did want all of AoT in LE format but S1 and S3 are difficult to find for reasonable prices nowadays and I wasn't as into collecting when they released originally which is why I missed out on them.

There's still a chance at a later date but a shame the previous season re-releases of Psycho-Pass which were just announced for the U.S. aren't showing for us here.

Interested to see what discs they'll use for DBZ as we know it's the crappy 16:9 discs for the U.S. but considering we've never had those discs in the U.K. would it be easier for them to just re-use the 4:3 discs, that'd be the best case scenario though I'm happy with my season sets so doubt I'll double-dip on that or Super despite DB being my favourite series.

I did want all of AoT in LE format but S1 and S3 are difficult to find for reasonable prices nowadays and I wasn't as into collecting when they released originally which is why I missed out on them.
I have all of them in the LEs myself.

I got really lucky with the 2 US season 1 sets. I got part 2 with the artbox after it briefly came back in stock on TRSI and found a cheap copy of part 1 without the physical extras on the bring & buy table at a con.

Interested in the AoT steelbooks. I have S1 standard and S2 + Part 1 & 2 of The Final Season in LE format and yet to pick up S3 so my collection is very inconsistent when it comes to AoT. I think I'll replace my S1 standard with the steelbook and will pick up the S2 and S3 steelbooks as well. Undecided if I'll keep my S2 LE or not though I'll very likely still get The Final Chapters LE though I expect the The Final Season to get a steelbook eventually.

Well, even though I do already own the Limited Edition sets with the digibooks and storage boxes for all of AoT Seasons 1-3, and I have the LE storage box set for the final season on pre-order, I will definitely double-dip for anime steelbooks, anytime!

Well, even though I do already own the Limited Edition sets with the digibooks and storage boxes for all of AoT Seasons 1-3, and I have the LE storage box set for the final season on pre-order, I will definitely double-dip for anime steelbooks, anytime!
What? Where can you pre-order the limited edition storage box set for the final season? I didn't know it was already available for pre-order!

On a related note, I also own all the UK limited edition Attack on Titan sets with the boxes. To keep my collection consistent and displayed on the wall, I bought the limited US edition for Season 1 (Parts 1 and 2) from someone in the UK for just £50. I then added also discs with the UK versions to keep the entire collection region B.

I need UK to be back in EU since its quite pricy to get all the anime LE colections to CZE!:)

EDIT: Maybe you mean LE final season with storage box - US vetsion on amazon for 90USD/Crunchy for 67USD?
2nd EDIT: I see, the US version use same format LE digipacks as UK versions + it has region A+B, seems quite good!

Last edited:
What? Where can you pre-order the limited edition storage box set for the final season? I didn't know it was already available for pre-order!

EDIT: Maybe you mean LE final season with storage box - US vetsion on amazon for 90USD/Crunchy for 67USD?
2nd EDIT: I see, the US version use same format LE digipacks as UK versions + it has region A+B, seems quite good!

Yes, I pre-ordered my AoT Final Season LE with storage box from Crunchyroll US; with my premium membership it's only $57USD. I actually live in the US, but I own several multi-region Blu-ray players, so I import a lot of anime Collector's Editions from the UK too, because I love chipboard boxes and especially CE's with digipaks. That's why I'm a regular in this anime forum - whether everyone else here likes this dumb old Yank and grumpy old curmudgeon hanging out in here or not, lol. 😉

Last edited:
Yes, I pre-ordered my AoT Final Season LE with storage box from Crunchyroll US; with my premium membership it's only $57USD. I actually live in the US, but I own several multi-region Blu-ray players, so I import a lot of anime Collector's Editions from the UK too, because I love chipboard boxes and especially CE's with digipaks. That's why I'm a regular in this anime forum - whether everyone else here likes this dumb old Yank and grumpy old curmudgeon hanging out in here or not, lol. 😉

57USD and probably free shipping =that is awesome price! On Amazon for 90USD + shipping and customs = 124USD to my country atm:(.

Back