UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Whaaat, Buddy Daddies already gets a blu-ray release but The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady still hasn't got one??? Also, where's blu-ray release for MyGO???
MyGo and Magical Revolution havent been licensed for home media in the US or UK so dont spend too much time waiting

Thie is why I kinda hate crunchyroll. At least if Sentai stream a show, there is a good chance they have licensed it as well

Well Funimation is now gone

And with it some titles haven’t transferred over

Some I’ve noticed:
Bakemonogatari
Clannad
Love chunibyo and other delusions
Certain Scientific Railgun S1-2
K-On

Well Funimation is now gone

And with it some titles haven’t transferred over

Some I’ve noticed:
Bakemonogatari
Clannad
Love chunibyo and other delusions
Certain Scientific Railgun S1-2
K-On
I'm in the process of updating the Streaming Spreadsheet. I have a whole list of shows that haven't yet made the jump.
Bare with me while I sort it out. Going take a little while to sort through. 😆

Oh yeah todays the day isn’t it
I’m just going through CR and adding any of the Funimation additions to my watchlist~

Crunchyroll UK's July line-up confirmed with some new announcements (as well as some we already knew about).

• The Aristocrat's Otherwordly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far
  • Buddy Daddies
  • Campfire Cooking in Another World with my Absurd Skill
  • I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too
  • In Another World With My Smartphone (Season 2)
  • Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear (Season 1)
  • Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Punch! (Season 2)
  • One Piece (Collection 34)
  • The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World
  • Vinland Saga (Season 2) (Part 1)

One Piece is supposedly releasing on BD as well which is new as it's been DVD only for the UK.

Glad we're getting Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear S1, thought it seemed silly that we'd only be getting S2.

Last edited:
Crunchyroll UK's July line-up confirmed with some new announcements (as well as some we already knew about).

• The Aristocrat's Otherwordly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far
  • Buddy Daddies
  • Campfire Cooking in Another World with my Absurd Skill
  • I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too
  • In Another World With My Smartphone (Season 2)
  • Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear (Season 1)
  • Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Punch! (Season 2)
  • One Piece (Collection 34)
  • The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World
  • Vinland Saga (Season 2) (Part 1)

One Piece is supposedly releasing on BD as well which is new as it's been DVD only for the UK.

Glad we're getting Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear S1, thought it seemed silly that we'd only be getting S2.
Where's The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady? 😭 When will it get a release??

Honestly, when did anime titles become whole sentences? 😂

That One Time I Lost My Phone Down a Toilet and Became a Goblin.
the boring answer is: japanese people started self publishing their own light novels on sites like Shōsetsuka ni Narō in the early 2000s. these sites became incredibly popular, Shosetsuka has an estimated million novels and a billion page views a month. you could read them on your flip phone!

if you look at the website there are no pictures, just the title of the book. so to stand out from the crowd, the titles became longer and more descriptive - they found that people are more likely to click on My Elf Bride From Another World Is a Vegetarian But I'm A Butcher! than Elf Bride Story. the more popular ones got picked up by book publishers, anime got made, and here we are with all these daft titles. the current number one on Shosetsuka is apparently "The Hero's Bag's Leisurely Journey in Another World - The failed hero was exiled from the royal castle and fell into the abyss. But in reality, his bag could absorb anything, and was a cheat weapon that could be used to import anything from Japan. I have no intention of going back even if I get knocked down now." lol.

I received an email from Crunchyroll over here in the US yesterday titled "Crunchyroll’s Updated Spring 2024 Anime Season Lineup!" and I found something kind of interesting imbedded inside the email that I have never seen before, maybe I've just always missed it because I skip and delete so many of their promotional emails without ever reading them, lol. Anyone outside of the US with Crunchyroll streaming accounts get this Seasonal Watch Report email at all? Perhaps this is the first time they are sending out these reports?

crwinter2024watchtime.jpg

Hopefully they'll continue to send out a report sometime during the first week after the end of each season. It would actually be nice to be able to access this report somewhere in your profile directly on the Crunchyroll site, anytime you wanted to check it.

Question about Manga/Crunchyroll UK sublicensed releases of US Viz BDs; what are the subtitles like? Viz's releases have subtitles without much of a border; they blend into the background and can be difficult to read. My question is, are the Manga/Crunchyroll UK discs for those titles exactly the same, or do they have Crunchyroll styled BD subtitles, which are way easier to read? Thinking about buying the UK BDs of One Punch Man, Hunter X Hunter, and the first parts of Jojo if the subtitles are better than the Viz ones, but obviously there's no point if the discs have the same hard to read subtitles.

Back