UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Have UK CR releases started to get slipcovers again? Or are the promo shots misleading?
So far this year's releases have indeed came included with slipcases. I don't own any of them yet outside of Konosuba the Movie from last year but I have seen photos on the PHOTOS thread for some of them (By the Grace of the Gods Season 2, Handyman Saitou, Ningen Fushin, Quintessential Quintuplets Movie, Revenger).

The only ones that may be of concern depending on whether you like having more artwork or not are the multi-language releases as they replace the artwork inside the case with a German version of the front cover, though I don't think the multi-language titles that are just English & French only have this issue but that's not something I can confirm until one of them is out at the end of June.

Crunchyroll US August releases:

8/6 Sweet Reincarnation The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
8/13 My Unique Skill Makes Me OP even at Level 1 The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
8/13 One Piece Season 13 Voyage 9 (Blu-ray/DVD)
8/13 The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 2 Part 2 (Blu-ray)
8/20 Bungo Stray Dogs Season 5 (Blu-ray)
8/20 FLCL Season 1 (Blu-ray) (delay I guess)
8/20 Space Dandy The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
8/20 The Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD)
8/27 Am I Actually the Strongest? The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
8/27 Berserk: The Golden Age Arc Memorial Edition (Blu-ray)
8/27 Hell's Paradise Season 1 (Blu-ray/DVD)
8/27 Hell's Paradise Season 1 (Blu-ray/DVD) - Limited Edition
(Amazon Exclusive)

8/27 My Hero Academia Season 6 Part 2 (Blu-ray/DVD)
8/27 My Hero Academia Season 6 Part 2 (Blu-ray/DVD) - Limited Edition
8/27 One Piece Film: Gold Movie (Blu-ray/DVD)

What happened to the crunchyroll forum?? I used to be in there all of the time..
crunchyroll discontinued it sometime after the sony buyout. that's the problem with us old people, all the youngster's are on social media platforms which cost's crunchyroll nothing to make a reddit or discord compared to a forum.

Yeah, this site and the blu-ray.com anime forum is basically the only social media for this old curmudgeon. I don't go anywhere near any actual social media sites. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

New Crunchyroll UK releases.

• 86 EIGHTY-SIX
  • Berserk: The Golden Age Arc - Memorial Edition
  • Am I Actually the Strongest?
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride (S2) (Part 1)
  • The Devil is a Part-Timer! (S2) (Part 2)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Curcuruz Doan's Island
  • My Hero Academia (S6) (Part 2) (LE)
  • My Unique Skill Makes Me OP even at Level 1
  • Rent-A-Girlfriend (S2)
  • Rent-A-Girlfriend (S3)
Interestingly three titles from the recent U.S. slate are not here being Bungo Stray Dogs (S5), Hell's Paradise and Sweet Reincarnation.

This is the first time in a few months now that a title has not shown up for a UK release (not counting the One Piece voyage sets and legacy titles still in-print over here, be it by Manga / Funi / Crunchy or a title under a different distributor) but there is always the chance they'll pop up next month as we're always a bit behind on our releases. Especially seeing as Bungo Stray Dogs and Hell's Paradise are notable titles and that S4 of Bungo Stray Dogs is currently available for pre-order.

It is also worth noting that the LE of Hell's Paradise is exclusive to Amazon in the U.S. (not the standard though) so maybe a similar situation over here which is why it wasn't included in the press release?

I was right on the money with Rent-A-Girlfriend S2 though seeing as Crunchy UK have been releasing legacy titles if a new season is releasing as seen with Classroom of the Elite, Kuma Kuma Bear and Uzaki-chan.

Also interesting that they're releasing 86 over here where as Viz has it in the U.S. (supposedly) though at the same time we've gotten the KonoSuba movie and Chainsaw Man despite the U.S. not receiving them yet so isn't out of the norm though in this case as far as I'm aware I assume Crunchyroll U.S. has home video rights for the KonoSuba movie and Chainsaw Man unless they have previous agreements with another distributor for those titles (the KonoSuba movie at the very least was originally supposed to be released by Discotek).

I'll defo be picking up Rent-A-Girlfriend S2 and S3, 86 and Berserk.

MHA I'm waiting on complete season collections for S5 and S6 (though looks that Crunchy have stopped doing complete collection releases following individual part releases recently).

Gundam and The Devil is a Part-Timer! I'll get at a later date and I'm going to wait and see if The Ancient Magus' Bride S2 gets a LE with Part 2 and will pick up both at the same time, if not I'll get it later on as well. I'm also yet to pick up previous seasons of Magus Bride and Part-Timer anyway.

Last edited:
Still no sign of a Boruto Set 5 for the UK despite it being classified with the BBFC since July 2023. I wonder why they're reluctant to continue releasing those sets over here.

They're due to release set 15 in Australia/NZ in August this year and in the US they're up to set 18. If CR had continued regularly releasing them here I would have purchased them to support the UK market, but I'm on the Australia region B Boruto train now.

Still no sign of a Boruto Set 5 for the UK despite it being classified with the BBFC since July 2023. I wonder why they're reluctant to continue releasing those sets over here.

They're due to release set 15 in Australia/NZ in August this year and in the US they're up to set 18. If CR had continued regularly releasing them here I would have purchased them to support the UK industry, but I'm on the Australia region B Boruto train now.

I assume they got cancelled unfortunately like with Legend of the Galactic Heroes, that or because they're not Crunchy titles they didn't want to bother in the end.

Maybe way down the line AL will release it after Naruto and Shippuden (and hopefully the movies).

Bungo Stray Dogs Season 4 and One Piece Collection 34 have been delayed to September and October respectively.

I hope for Bungo's case they will release Season 4 and 5 in the same month.

Bungo Stray Dogs was not in the schedule for September sent out by the PR company, so I don’t expect September is an accurate date for it either fwiw. Hopefully will be clarified at some point.

Macross plus pre order started today.
I wanted to order it from All the Anime, which I use every year when I do my Black Friday shopping, but it's not letting me this time around saying that it doesn't like my US address. Hopefully their customer service gets back to me soon.
Crunchyroll US has it but it's like 50 bucks more, after taking in the currency conversion. It's just hard to justify. They're so overpriced, I miss rightstuf.

Macross plus pre order started today.
I wanted to order it from All the Anime, which I use every year when I do my Black Friday shopping, but it's not letting me this time around saying that it doesn't like my US address. Hopefully their customer service gets back to me soon.
Crunchyroll US has it but it's like 50 bucks more, after taking in the currency conversion. It's just hard to justify. They're so overpriced, I miss rightstuf.

I know a number of releases released by AL in both the U.S. and the U.K. are locked to buy if you're in the opposite country.

The same went for The Great Pretender, A Place Further Than the Universe etc.

I'll be the single voice for Am I Actually the Strongest?
Typical plot I suppose but fun.
One of my quicker watches.
I partially judge a show by how fast I get through it.
Favourite? 2 for 1

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Novel_fenrir.png
    Novel_fenrir.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 1
Back