UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Just got an e-mail informing that Crunchyroll will be using a different PR company from this month in the UK. The e-mail was from a company called Hoxby, who I didn't know, but now realise have been CRUK's PR since everyone at Manga got sacked.
Hopefully whoever they use will be a lot better, but I don't hold out a lot of hope

Hopefully whoever they use will be a lot better, but I don't hold out a lot of hope
Considering the level of their current effort the monthly budget must be a bag of chips and a can of Coke.

Their last sns message for the July releases was literally just a linktree page to the CR pages on Amazon, Zavvi and HMV.

Last edited:
Either way all this does make it look like the uk market is now an after thought and also probably means we won't see them selling there merchandise at mcm given they don't even appear to have a proper uk team now. Damn manga entertainment why did you have to go to Sony.

Either way all this does make it look like the uk market is now an after thought and also probably means we won't see them selling there merchandise at mcm given they don't even appear to have a proper uk team now. Damn manga entertainment why did you have to go to Sony.
And why did you have to quit Jerome?

And why did you have to quit Jerome?
The one hope I have is it seems the American ip for manga entertainment appears to still exist Manga even though the twitter and Facebook hasn't been updated since 2021 it does make me hope that manga entertainment as a brand can come back someday.

The one hope I have is it seems the American ip for manga entertainment appears to still exist Manga even though the twitter and Facebook hasn't been updated since 2021 it does make me hope that manga entertainment as a brand can come back someday.
Manga US split from the UK arm when Jerome bought it back off Lionsgate.

Literally the only things released by Manga US in the last 2 decades are various editions of GitS, GitS 2.0, GitS: Stand Alone Complex and Redline.

Manga US split from the UK arm when Jerome bought it back off Lionsgate.

Literally the only things released by Manga US in the last 2 decades are various editions of GitS, GitS 2.0, GitS: Stand Alone Complex and Redline.
Exactly what gives me hope that with enough investment and drive from management it can be built up as it's own thing. The fact that the IP still exists is a good thing because it means it can still be used.

Exactly what gives me hope that with enough investment and drive from management it can be built up as it's own thing. The fact that the IP still exists is a good thing because it means it can still be used.
I really don't think Lionsgate care the slightest about Manga Entertainment since they didn't bother to use the Manga name on the GitS 4K. Which if they really wanted to re lanch Manga that would of been the perfect title to do it with. Along with that they basically haven't done anything with them since they have bought them.

Last edited:
I really don't think Lionsgate care the slightest about Manga Entertainment since they didn't bother to use the Manga name on the GitS 4K. Which if they really wanted to re lanch Manga that would of been the perfect title to do it with. Along with that they basically haven't done anything with them since the have bought them.
Iirc they didn't use it on the awful US GitS:SAC sets either.

Iirc they didn't use it on the awful US GitS:SAC sets either.
It does have the Manga logo on the back and the spine but by that time Starz/Anchor Bay were just using the Manga name. The last fully independent release by Manga US was Redline. Which was more than 10 years ago now.

Several UK Crunchyroll releases were put up on Amazon as listings (no prices yet) including a long awaited release that isn't announced in the US yet (with a previous instalment released by someone else here in the UK)

These include:

August 21st
August 28th
October 16th (unannounced)
71xKMmqXNUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81ZzMTPiidL._AC_SL1500_ (1).jpg
71wfK3HKPUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Appears to be the whole of Season 2

Hopefully these will all follow through (unlike LoGH)

Several UK Crunchyroll releases were put up on Amazon as listings (no prices yet) including a long awaited release that isn't announced in the US yet (with a previous instalment released by someone else here in the UK)

These include:

August 21st
August 28th
October 16th (unannounced)

Hopefully these will all follow through (unlike LoGH)

Re:Zero S2 LE and Magus Bride for me.

Back