UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

AOL has it at £45 and the SE at £26
Or (according to their email) ‘on sale’ at AllTheAnime.com for £54.99.
I guess the 10% membership discount takes it down to £49.50, so you could say it’s not more expensive than Zavvi etc.
I don’t know if that means AOL is an outright bargain…

If I order Crunchy stuff from AL will it get packed with bubblewrap etc like a normal AL order? Any of ye get something from Crunchy via AL yet

If I were AL, I'd ship all of the Chrunchyroll titles in a plain, unpadded manilla envenlope via a camel caravan across the Sahara, then an elephant caravan through India, and then a slow boat from China - but then, that's just me, lol. I mean, well - competitor... j/k! ;)

Which one though. I'll assume you meant the 2 part CE one over the LE which hold the 2 standard edition, but yeah still not really sure whats gonna match up best.

From what I rememebr the 2 part CE part are just white and purple spines, but the outer box spine has character art.
And similar for the LE the artbox spine hase character art on it too.
Maybe depedns whch way you show them
But either way I think there both out of print, although getting hold of Part 1 CE might be do-able, maybe the LE although ebay does have a few I surpose, but not really ideal prices)

But yeah ive had both for a while (I actually bought the LE to watch it with the corrected discs whilst I waited for the replacement scheme to be avalible again) just gonna wait and see what exactly crunchyroll throw at us, but I cant see it being an amazing match.

My order for Re Zero season 2 was cancelled. They said Crunchyroll have pulled this title from release and will no longer be releasing. No official reason was given.
Well that's a bit poop

My order for Re Zero season 2 was cancelled. They said Crunchyroll have pulled this title from release and will no longer be releasing. No official reason was given.
Well that's a bit poop

Which online store did you order from? And was this for the Limited Edition or the standard? I preordered the LE from AOL (using PayPal so I have already been billed and hence would be owed a refund). They have not sent me a cancellation email yet but I guess I should keep an eye out for one, either way, it's unfortunate but even more so if they are not gonna release it in the UK at all rather than just a standard edition no LE.

I ordered from MVM's store and had my CE cancelled with this reason given:

Dear customer
Unfortunately Crunchyroll have pulled this title from release and will no longer be releasing. No official reason was given.
This has been refunded and cancelled.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
Regards

The listing has also disappeared from AL and both versions are "currently unavailable" on Amazon.

I'd say this is a f*ck up on CRs side and they announced it earlier than intended. The listings will probably reappear in a couple of months when Octobers slate is announced.

Which online store did you order from? And was this for the Limited Edition or the standard? I preordered the LE from AOL (using PayPal so I have already been billed and hence would be owed a refund). They have not sent me a cancellation email yet but I guess I should keep an eye out for one, either way, it's unfortunate but even more so if they are not gonna release it in the UK at all rather than just a standard edition no LE.

Where did you order it from?

I ordered the LE from AOL (paypal as well). I've received a refund already.

I ordered the LE from AOL (paypal as well). I've received a refund already.

This is helpful, thankyou. I just checked Amazon UK and the CE and standard edition listings for the UK release won't let you preorder anymore (as in they technically haven't been removed fully but it corroborates what is being reported here).

Back