UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Are crunchyroll even still releasing new titles on dvd/blu-ray? I ask because I looked at new releases in this month's neo magazine and crunchyroll was so slim and jujutsu kaisen is being released by anime limited, which is good for AL but does make me wonder where they stand on physical releases now. Particularly when they haven't come back to mcm but have done screenings at mcm and the guy ruining the damine stall did tell me they weren't coming back which does make me wonder for there physical releases.

Are crunchyroll even still releasing new titles on dvd/blu-ray? I ask because I looked at new releases in this month's neo magazine and crunchyroll was so slim and jujutsu kaisen is being released by anime limited, which is good for AL but does make me wonder where they stand on physical releases now. Particularly when they haven't come back to mcm but have done screenings at mcm and the guy ruining the damine stall did tell me they weren't coming back which does make me wonder for there physical releases.

Yes they are, this is what's up for preorder on AOL Crunchyroll

Zavvi have cancelled my Dr. Stone LE as it is no longer available 😐
Oh, that very much sucks as I think I saw you bought part 1 in preperation. Was part 1 from Zavvi as well (probably wouldn't let you return it easily any way)
Although I can't talk as my Dr stone set consists of Part 1 and part 2 LE, and i'm probably never gonna open part 1 as my intent is to replace the Blu-ray cases with the steelbook (especially as its only £10.50 (with code and red carpet) but I already had, just current price is super tempting for Ultimate limited edition (+ you get to make up the name of the edition))

Hopefully you'll manage to pick up dr stone LE elsewhere, I think its been going for pretty low prices as of late (I assume they are just struggling to sell, or it because who ever has all the stock has stored it really poorly and is not in great condition), it was just finding one thats in the condition you want, I bought one a while back super cheap and new but was pretty dented (although that was just thrown in a jiffy bag) as well as splitting along the edge of the paper art work.

Oh, that very much sucks as I think I saw you bought part 1 in preperation. Was part 1 from Zavvi as well (probably wouldn't let you return it easily any way)
Although I can't talk as my Dr stone set consists of Part 1 and part 2 LE, and i'm probably never gonna open part 1 as my intent is to replace the Blu-ray cases with the steelbook (especially as its only £10.50 (with code and red carpet) but I already had, just current price is super tempting for Ultimate limited edition (+ you get to make up the name of the edition))

Hopefully you'll manage to pick up dr stone LE elsewhere, I think its been going for pretty low prices as of late (I assume they are just struggling to sell, or it because who ever has all the stock has stored it really poorly and is not in great condition), it was just finding one thats in the condition you want, I bought one a while back super cheap and new but was pretty dented (although that was just thrown in a jiffy bag) as well as splitting along the edge of the paper art work.

I'd got Part 1 from Amazon actually as it was cheaper but I did find that Amazon also have Part 2 LE for £25.99 now which isn't to bad so have ordered it from there though they're low on stock but got my order in so that should be all fine now.

All the Anime and anime-on-line have revealed Crunchyroll's July line-up, includes One Piece - Collection 31, Love After World Domination, Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut and The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 2.

EDIT: anime-on-line also have Manga UK's release of Cowboy Bebop: The Movie up as a new listing so I guess it must have possibly been out-of-print despite being very cheap for the longest time still across multiple retailers or maybe not and is just a re-stock for them but thought to note regardless.

I must have missed the memo - I have been waiting for the Demon Slayer / Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District arc LE blu ray release.

I'm not prepared to spend over $200 (for e.g Amazon US) for the US LE box set :(:confused:
The US LEs are being handled by Aniplex and are always significantly more expensive than other distributors.

Only 4 CR releases for July
Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut
The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 2
Love After World Domination
One Piece Collection 31

CR being really "generous" with their release slate.

The US LEs are being handled by Aniplex and are always significantly more expensive than other distributors.

Only 4 CR releases for July
Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut
The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 2
Love After World Domination
One Piece Collection 31

CR being really "generous" with their release slate.
I am thinking of purchasing the standard Crunchyroll blu ray version which was released last December

The image they're using for One Piece 31 has Blu-Ray on the side of the box. I thought OP in the UK was DVD only? Listing seems to be for 4xDVD only, so maybe it's a mistake or placeholder.

71Sw1QbW33L._AC_SL1500_x1024.jpg

Back