UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I really don't understand why we never got a Blu-ray release of Angolmois, even over here in the US. It was one of my big favorites for the season it aired in.

Last edited:
Is it known already if it's CR or AL that are sleeping on Demon Slayer?

Who doesn't enjoy the prospect of generating money, I need to know

(I'm ashamed of even having frothing demand for DS, but I always was and will be a sucker for spectacle)

There will soon come a point where the US will kill the DVD side of the business, it’s almost there anyway, and One Piece will be BD only. CR UK will have to start releasing BDs then… or author DVDs here in the UK (I recall how useless Manga were at that), or most likely, just drop One Piece releases in the UK and point everyone to a CR streaming subscription.

There will soon come a point where the US will kill the DVD side of the business, it’s almost there anyway, and One Piece will be BD only. CR UK will have to start releasing BDs then… or author DVDs here in the UK (I recall how useless Manga were at that), or most likely, just drop One Piece releases in the UK and point everyone to a CR streaming subscription.
Is the DVD only thing down to Toei or Crunchy?

Yeah that's the main reason why I temporary stopped collecting One Piece on home video for now.

Not only that, but they haven't releases some of the specials here as well Heart of Gold.
I love One Piece, but releasing collection 26 onwards on DVD only is just wrong.
With One piece we really need like 100ep collections for it to make sense otherwise it’d take up an entire shelf on its own

One way I see it is that each saga is like it's own entry in the series; East Blue, Alabaster, Skypiea, Water 7, Thriller Bark, Summit War and Fishman Island (not sure about Dressrossa, Whole Cake and Wano) are generally safe to take a break at the end of; the first few saga's are divided into much smaller arcs as well while the later one's have much larger arcs.

Back