UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I have a roku stick attached to my 52" living room television, but I hugely dislike using the App interfaces for both Crunchyroll and HiDive, especially navigating the awkward on-screen keyboards - and the font HiDive uses for subtitles in the app are really bad. So, I avoid all that by using my laptop, which sits on a desk less than 5 feet from the TV anyway, connected via HDMI cable, and I just use their websites to stream up on the TV. It is so much easier to use a real keyboard and mouse to navigate, so much easier to browse or search for titles I want to watch, and the subtitles look much better from their websites that what is used on their Roku Apps.

I also have two other computers at home I stream on; my main PC in the basement movie theater room with two 27" monitors, and my 24" All-in-One PC in the dining room. I just use the website interfaces for Crunchy and HiDive on both of them too. I do have an Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet my daughter got me a couple Christmases ago that I rarely use for streaming when lying in bed; I mount it on a flexible gooseneck tablet holder attached to the head board so I don't have to hold it during viewing. I have the Crunchyroll and HiDive apps installed on the tablet, but to avoid having to struggle with using the apps, I have my Favorites/Watchlists/Crunchylists all setup from the computer with what I am watching, so I can just pick-and-run on the tablet. I'm still totally old school, and much prefer using a computer over any portable devices. I hate even using a smartphone for anything other than voice calls and a small amount of texting.

Last edited:
Found listing for Platinum End Part 2 & The Dawn of the Witch for June. Probably going to be £65 SRP each.

Aharen_1.gif

AOL has pre-orders up for the next Crunchyroll slate, includes...

One Piece - Collection 31 (DVD)
Platinum End - Part 2 (BD)
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (BD)
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (DVD)
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (BD / DVD - CE)
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (BD - Steelbook)
The Dawn of the Witch (BD)
The Greatest Demon Lord is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (BD)
Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs (BD)
Spy x Family - Part 1 (BD)
Spy x Family - Part 1 (DVD)

No mention if the 4K for DBS: SH is included in any of these releases but as it's releasing at a later date in the U.S., may be the same here but I am likely to buy both both the CE and Steelbook 'cus I'm a sucker. Hoping Spy x Family - Part 2 will have a LE.

Yeah.
Aside from Spy x Family Part 1 I'm passing this slate.
Will have to import mode for Aoashi, Tomgachi Game, and Shikimori, in addition to grabbing the US BD verison of One Piece Collection 31.
Will wait for 4K release for DBS Super Hero movie.

What a disappointingly boring slate 😵

No mention if the 4K for DBS: SH is included in any of these releases but as it's releasing at a later date in the U.S., may be the same here but I am likely to buy both both the CE and Steelbook 'cus I'm a sucker. Hoping Spy x Family - Part 2 will have a LE.

Couple of things, firstly the Multi Language releases are not as high as last time, with The Dawn of the Witch, The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody and Trapped in a Dating Sim being £54.99 SRP (a decrease of £10).

it was mentioned by Crunchyroll Germany that Skeleton Knight In Another World and A Couple of Cuckoos are getting 'global' releases, so I assume those will release here as well if those are indeed multi language releases.

Did they remove it? I don't see those up anymore

Shame Crunchy have completely backwards on the whole catalogue releases stuff, wouldn't mind some of the other stuff on physical media... Only stuff that is the Gonzo stuff via MVM and the only series I'm interested in there are Samurai 7 and Trinity Blood

FpH2T43XwAIBzEg

Crunchyroll continues to disappoint with these lackluster months, £40+ for a 12 episode series is was too much especially with no slipcover or digital copy. Maybe I am just stingy but I would pay £20-25 for a 12 episode series, £40+ for a collectors edition. Can we just go back to that one month when Funimation UK actually brought out new and legacy titles with UK exclusive collectors editions. It seems like all across the board Crunchyroll have completely dropped Legacy titles in favour of new titles. I wish we could get Manga UK back or even Funimation UK acting as somewhat of a separate entity releasing different series that either never got released over here or needed a rereleased and not just a branch of the US, just releasing only some of the stuff the US releases.

I've paid £40 plus for titles in the past but I justified it for the following reasons

Imported from the USA as the title was not available in the UK. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Brave Witches spring to mind.

I was getting a Blu-ray and DVD combo.

Unless I really fall in love with a show, I'll be unlikely to pay £40.

I haven't bought the 2nd season of Zombieland Saga yet and I really enjoyed the 1st.
They do seem to be picking the type of show that I'm less interested in. So that makes it easier.
If they put out something like Angelmois then I'm in trouble.

Back