CODE GEASS - LELOUCH OF THE REBELLION - R2 cut by BBFC

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Well you wouldn't need to to sell 1000 unless you're selling each unit for £1.50 =P
Isn't that the average price anime fans are willing to pay?

Just Passing Through said:
So, a 2 hours show with dubs and sub costs 1515 to be rated, forcing you to shift at least a 101 copies of the title, just to cover the BBFC charges, thus making a lot of titles become an unfeasible UK release.

Licencing costs, disc replication, artwork, cases, promotion, distribution costs...

You already knew that didn't you? You were just being silly?

Sorry, pray continue... :p[/quote]
We were focusing only on the BBFC charges. All things considered, I can't understand how distributors make money in the UK... Of course some is made, but how is beyond me.

stuart-says-yes said:
chaos said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Well you wouldn't need to to sell 1000 unless you're selling each unit for £1.50 =P
Isn't that the average price anime fans are willing to pay?

Just Passing Through said:
So, a 2 hours show with dubs and sub costs 1515 to be rated, forcing you to shift at least a 101 copies of the title, just to cover the BBFC charges, thus making a lot of titles become an unfeasible UK release.

Licencing costs, disc replication, artwork, cases, promotion, distribution costs...

You already knew that didn't you? You were just being silly?

Sorry, pray continue... :p
We were focusing only on the BBFC charges. All things considered, I can't understand how distributors make money in the UK... Of course some is made, but how is beyond me.

I assume there is more anime fans in the uk than we are lead to believe[/quote]
But how many of those actually pay for their anime?

stuart-says-yes said:
I assume all of them, once the DEB takes full effect

Wishful thinking dude.

Digital Economy Bill is really aimed at people downloading music off of big artists/producers who can actually afford the costs of litigation.

ConanThe3rd said:
Is it? I was under the impression that it had to be re-submitted with all the costs that entailed.

From the BBFC guidelines.

Appeals
The BBFC offers a formal
‘reconsideration’ procedure which is
open to any distributor dissatisfied
with the determination made in respect
of their work. The reconsideration is
free of charge and will normally take
less than 10 working days.

If they CHANGE something, of course it will be charged as its a new work.

Project-2501 said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Is it? I was under the impression that it had to be re-submitted with all the costs that entailed.

From the BBFC guidelines.

Appeals
The BBFC offers a formal
‘reconsideration’ procedure which is
open to any distributor dissatisfied
with the determination made in respect
of their work. The reconsideration is
free of charge and will normally take
less than 10 working days.

If they CHANGE something, of course it will be charged as its a new work.
Yeah. Of course... So you can submit the same thing twice and get the same rating again for no extra charge? How very generous of them. :roll:

Back